Back to Spurs - Under New Zealand Management

You quoted the whole of the OP, just for that?

You quoted the whole of the OP, just for that?

A little unusual, but I'm sure he didn't mean to quote that much :) if someone could tidy it up would be good, but no big deal.

And yes Dzeko is class, have been using him for about five seasons and he is a club legend :)

Last edited:
really great story, really got me wanting to start up a spurs save now infact i am going to do it now

You must nearly be a club legend by now, you have done fantastically

Indeed I am :) thank you for the continued support!

really great story, really got me wanting to start up a spurs save now infact i am going to do it now

Great I could inspire you, they are definitely a fun team to play with.

MARCH

First match of March was up against Queens Park Rangers in the Premier League. No real problems as we out-classed our opposition with a 3-0 victory. Rodwell opened the scoring as Pato added two more before half-time as we had the match sealed after only half an hour.
View attachment 77565

FA Cup 6th Round against Southend was up next, and the first team was rested for this potentially tricky fixture. We took the lead via a Southend own goal just before halftime, but Southend forced a replay with a goal in the 88th minute. We faded towards the end and it was a disappointing result.
View attachment 77566

Next up was our Champions League 1st Knockout round second leg at White Hart Lane against Ajax. Despite holding a 4-0 advantage from the first leg, we didn't want to come out complacent, and looked to attack from the opening kickoff. This was rewarded immediately, as Dzeko scored in the 1st minute of play to effectively crush any dreams of a comeback, and Pato added a second in the game in the 28th minute as we cruised to a 2-0 win, (6-0) on aggregate, and are through to the Quarterfinals against Lazio.
View attachment 77567

Back in the Premier League, and White Hart Lane is the battle ground for our match against Burnley. Edin Dzeko and Pato were once again the goalscorers in a 2-0 win, but notable is 4 week injury to Giovani dos Santos with a sprained ankle. Vela is only out for a day or two with a dead leg.
View attachment 77568

The FA Cup 6th Round Replay was next, and a resilient Southend were determined to continue, opening the scoring in the 6th minute. However our class showed through, and Lukaku and Afellay each scored in the space of two minutes before halftime break to break the resistance, and Afellay added another in the second half to put the tie to rest with a 3-1 win.
View attachment 77569

The Hawthorns played host to us in our next match in the Premier League, as we took on West Brom. A tight game, with a Luka Modric penalty proving the difference as we took the three points with a 1-0 win and moved further clear on top of the Premier League table.
View attachment 77570

Last match of the month was against Bolton at White Hart Lane, and we were a bit disappointed not to be ahead by halftime. However immediately after the break Dzeko put us ahead, turning the defender with great skill and blasting the ball home. Afellay put any hopes of a Bolton comeback to rest in the 87th minute with a good finish to confirm a 2-0 win.
View attachment 77571

An undefeated month for Spurs, and we hope to continue this good run of results into the final months and hopefully secure all the trophies we can!

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

APRIL

First match of April was our Champions League Quarterfinal clash against Lazio, at the Olimpico in Rome. A tight game which ended in a 0-0 draw, but with three critical injuries to my side. Jonny Evans, Nathan Douglas and Carlos Vela were all ruled out, and will all miss at least a week and a half of football.
View attachment 77697

The next match was in the Premier League against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium. Wonderkid Robert Young opened the scoring in the 19th minute for the Gunners, and despite our best efforts to throw people forward, we couldn't penetrate the defense, and conceded a late goal to rub it in, a 2-0 rival defeat.
View attachment 77698

Our Champions League Quarterfinal second leg was at White Hart Lane, and we got off to a good start, two-nil up after 29 minutes with Pato and Afellay getting us off to a flyer. However almost immediately, Giacomo Beretta pulled one back with a great finish. We looked good value for our lead, until the 83rd minute when a goalkeeping howler from Asmir Begovic saw us concede an equalizer and eliminate us 2-2 on away goals.
View attachment 77699
In the following picture, we can see the agony, as in 1 Beretta shots a relatively weak effort on goal. In 2 we see that the ball has slid on the wet surface, and Begovic has horribly mistimed his late dive, as Cerci zones in. In 3 we can see Cerci has arrived in perfect position to tap home for what proved to be the quarterfinal-winning goal, and break Spurs dreams.
3clxwinninggoal.png

Another cup defeat almost followed, this time in our FA Cup Semi Final against Fulham at Wembley. Despite Fulham playing with 10 men for most of the game when Mark Randall was sent off in the 54th minute, we were unable to profit until extra time, when substitute Jermain Defoe, the ageless-Defoe, popped up to place the ball in the back of the net and send us to a Final against Manchester United!
View attachment 77700

The following Premier League match was also against Fulham, and we found it much easier at home, as Dzeko and Defoe once more, scored to give us a simple 2-0 advantage and leave us 1 point away from securing the Premier League title!
View attachment 77701

Rosler Arena in Manchester was host for out next Premier League game, where we took on Manchester City, hoping to secure a point and the Premier League title. Things got off to a bad start after just 3 minutes, when lethal Greek striker Nikos Arvanitidis severed the Spurs defence and raced away to rocket a shot in past Ochoa. However on 11 minutes, some beautiful football between dos Santos, Pato and Dzeko resulted in Dzeko in acres of space, and he duly rocketed his effort past the keeper for the equalizer. Despite late attempts by both teams, the scoreline remained deadlocked, but it wouldn't matter, as we secured our 5th CONSECUTIVE PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE!!!
View attachment 77702

premier-league-trophy.jpg

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
2017/18
PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Final match of April was against Everton, and we were still buzzing from our Premier League win, with Pato and Dzeko scoring in a 2-0 win.
View attachment 77709

OH WHEN THE SPURS GO MARCHING IN.....THEY WIN THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE!!!

fa_cup_logo.jpg

2017/18 Final
19/05/2018

Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United

200px-Tottenham_Hotspur_Logo.jpg

manchester-united-crest.jpg

Played at the 90,000 capacity Wembley Stadium.

wembley1.jpg

Line Ups

View attachment 77776

Eleven times FA Cup winners Tottenham Hotspur are gearing up to take on Manchester United in Saturday's final.

Should they manage to lift the trophy, Spurs will no doubt look back on their memorable crushing of Arsenal on January 6th as the defining moment of the cup run.

Meanwhile, 13-times FA Cup winners Manchester United will be gearing up for another appearance in the competition final, after a disappointing performance in the league.

Match Report

4 mins: First real chance came with Sergey Krivets skipping through the challenge of Diogo and lay off for Rooney, only for the English striker to blast the effort into the side netting.

9 mins: Manchester United soon threatened again, with Nani's corner finding the head of Bruno, only for Ochoa to beat the ball off the line.

16 mins: Then came Spurs first real chance of the game, and the first goal of the match. Gareth Bale's corner found the wide open head of Giovani dos Santos. The Spurs fan-favourite, who was playing on pain-killing injections to get through his ankle sprain, powerfully head the ball past Pantilimon in the Red Devils goal for the 1-0 lead.

21 mins: United soon threatened an equaliser, with Rooney firing over the bar from Lennon's long pass.

24 mins: The Red Devil's were threatening again soon after, with Anderson's pass finding Nani about 35 yards out, and his speculative effort was met with a fantastic save by Ochoa.

Halftime score: 1-0.

48 mins: Right after halftime United came out firing, with Nani blasting a rocket towards goal that had Ochoa beat, only to cannon back off the post!

56 mins: Lennon had some good movement down the right, as Manchester United looked to set up another attacking sequence. The former Spurs player sent a long cross field pass to the right-back Mancienne, who's deflected right footed drive was tipped out for a corner by Ochoa.

58 mins: Great movement by Pato set up Dzeko in the box, who used his strength to turn and send a deflected ball into the 6-yard box. The rebound fell to dos Santos, and looked sure to score, expect he was felled illegally by Maurice Haar. PENALTY! Dos Santos slotted the penalty in off the right post, and with his second of the game gave Spurs a 2-0 lead!

74 mins: Manchester United looked deflated at being two goals down despite having more chances, and soon had another one as Anderson's exceptional pass picked out Rooney, who drove a shot at goal that was expertly parried by a terrific Ochoa.

76 mins: And the game was all but over, as Tottenham capitalized on some good passing moves, with Diogo blasting a banana shot past the United keeper from all of 30 yards, a terrific goal!

90+1 mins: The referee looks at his watch, and blows his whistle! It's all over! Tottenham have won the FA CUP!!!

FINAL SCORE

Tottenham 3-0 Manchester United
dos Santos ('17, pen '60), Diogo ('77)

View attachment 77777

Man of the Match
Diogo

FA%2520Cup.jpg

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
2017/18
FA CUP WINNERS

MAY & Season Summary 2017/18

A fantastic attacking performance, as we showed our resilience against the Sheffield United challenge, and managed to put five superb goals in past the opposition. A 5-2 final score got us pumped for the Sunderland match, before our Cup final.
View attachment 77797

Another great attacking performance, as we dominated Sunderland 4-0 at White Hart Lane, with the soon to be crowned English Footballer of the Year grabbing the plaudits with his brace. The final game of the season definitely gave the fans something to be proud of, and we look to repeat this goalscoring feat in the FA Cup Final.
View attachment 77798

English Footballer of the Year: Pato
View attachment 77799

Premier League Top Goalscorer:
Pato
View attachment 77801

Player's Team of the Year:
View attachment 77800

FINAL PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE
2017/18

As recapped above, we took the FA Cup in style with a 3-0 win over Manchester United! Dos Santos was the hero on the day, playing through the pain of an ankle sprain to score two goals, a fantastic effort.
View attachment 77803

The Trophy Cabinet!

FA%2520Cup.jpg
premier-league-trophy.jpg

club-world-cup.jpg
fashield.JPG

World Results:
Community Shield: Tottenham Hotspur

_________

Club World Championship: Barcelona
Euro Cup: A.C. Milan
Champions League: Leverkusen

SEASON SUMMARY

View attachment 77809
View attachment 77810

TRANSFER SUMMARY

View attachment 77806

In reflection a solid season, we were able to win the Premier League for the 5th consecutive time, and won another FA Cup. However, we can be disappointed with our Quarterfinal exit to Lazio, and will definitely be making some changes in our personnel, removing dead weight and adding fresh youth prospects to help our depth and competition in European competitions.

I will provide updates from the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Spain, with some interesting names in this years competition! For those that are interested, England won in 2010 and France won in 2014, who will take out 2018??

And I am feeling a bit jaded with Tottenham, and a move to sunny Barcelona and fluid Spanish football may be on the cards! Pep Guardiola's current deal expires in June 2018, and I have declared interest in this job. If they don't renew the deal, I will consider an offer from Barcelona.
Barcelona just finished second in the Spanish Liga BBVA, and are currently ranked 6th in the club rankings (behind Tottenham currently in 2nd). I believe I have won a lot during my time, and I think a change of scenery will be exciting!

ANY COMMENTS ON A POSSIBLE BARCELONA MOVE ? ? ?

Last edited:
wclogo.png

Here is a summary of the 2018 FIFA World Cup held in Spain:

GROUP STAGES

View attachment 78012

SECOND ROUND

View attachment 78014

QUARTERFINALS

Ghana vs Argentina
View attachment 78015

Mexico vs Italy
View attachment 78016

Portugal vs Germany
View attachment 78017

Spain vs Brazil
View attachment 78018

SEMI FINALS

Germany vs Brazil
View attachment 78020

Argentina vs Mexico
View attachment 78019

3RD PLACE PLAY OFF

Brazil vs Mexico
View attachment 78021

WORLD CUP FINAL

Argentina vs Germany
View attachment 78022

fifa_world_cup_trophy.jpg

BEST PLAYER: View attachment 78023

GOLDEN BOOT: View attachment 78025

DREAM TEAM: View attachment 78024

sky-sports-news.jpg

DOWMAN RESIGNS!
- 23/07/2018

BREAKING NEWS: On the back of an unprecedented fifth consecutive Premier League title, today Tottenham Hotspur's highly adored manager Andre Dowman handed in his resignation with immediate effect, after nine highly successful years with the north London club.

In a statement from the former Spurs manager, he stated his "utmost love and respect for English football, and for the club of Tottenham Hotspur, for giving nine of the most glorious years any manager could ask for.
While I am sad to be leaving the club, I am excited for future challenges and will look to give it my best effort where ever I may go."

The resignation comes just days after Dowman announced his interest in the Barcelona job, with Pep Guardiola still having a year to run on his current deal.
A move to Spanish football looks likely, with the New Zealand manager professing his admiration of the Spanish game many times before, and early projections by bookmakers have him at 2-1 odds to end up in Spain.

Since arriving in July of 2009, the talented manager had guided the club to three Champions League finals appearances, lifting the trophy twice; six Premier League titles and a third place finish in 2012; four FA Cup victories; two Club World Championship titles; two European Super Cups and three English Community Shields.
He had also overseen the arrival of World Player of the Year winner Edin Dzeko, and the rise to stardom of Mexican midfielder Giovani dos Santos.

Currently unemployed Martin Jol is the early favourite to sign back with his old club, with ex-Valencia boss Javier Aguirre's name been thrown in the mix.

From England to Spain...
DOWMAN ANNOUNCED AS NEW VALENCIA C.F. MANAGER
- JOL BACK TO SPURS

Valencia_Cf_Logo_original.png

VALENCIA C.F.
The Next Challenge

"En nombre del consejo de administración, me siento orgulloso de anunciar la firma del ex gerente de Tottenham André Dowman como el nuevo gerente del club de fútbol Valencia."
- Juan Soler (Valencia Chairman)

Cont-Spon-BBC.gif

Exclusive interview with the newly announced Valencia manager

1 You sit here as the manager of Valencia, is this where you wanted to end up?
- Yes I am very happy to be here, and I am pleased to have the chance to work with this historic club. I feel the time was right for a change, and I have been looking at a move to Spanish football for some time now.

2 By taking the Valencia job, you appear to be taking a step down. Do you agree with suggestions that Valencia are a club playing at a level much lower than you would ideally like to manage at?
- I disagree, I don't think anything is below me. Valencia are a big club, they are in the Champions League and that is the highest level of competition for a European club team, playing in the top league of Spanish football. So I see no problems. I will shape the players here into true contenders, and believe we have the quality to match any challenge.

3 Are you excited at the prospect of managing in Spain?
- Yes I am, this is a fantastic opportunity to expand my footballing experience. They play an excellent brand of football, and I feel that there is an excellent bunch of players here to succeed with.

4 What is your overall approach to the tactical side of the game?
- I prefer to play an attractive, attacking game, look to get the ball forward and score goals. But it is important to remain water tight at the back and ensure we do not concede, especially against teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Founded in 1919 and playing at the magnificent 75,000 capacity Nuevo Mestalla, Valencia C.F. play in La Liga and are one of the biggest and most successful clubs in Spanish football.

Kits announced for the 2018/19 season
Home/Away/Third

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

TRANSFER NEWS

Valencia complete
50m deal for Giovani dos Santos

One Tottenham Hotspur icon has followed another, as Valencia's new manager completed a
€50m swoop for the Mexican attacking maestro.
giovanni-dos-santos.jpg

The first major signing of the Dowman Era at Nuevo Mestalla, Tottenham Hotspur legend Giovani dos Santos is a well-known name for football fans across Europe, who has made 119 appearances and scored 29 goals for the Mexican national team.

Dos Santos achieved 284 league appearances with Spurs, scoring 130 goals in 10 years of service. He has built up a phenomenal record of 21 competition wins throughout his career, the most notable being the Europeans Champions League in 2015 & 2016; and a six time English Premier League winner. He has been shortlisted for the World Footballer of the Year on three occasions, and is a deity to the White Hart Lane faithful - known as a 'clutch' player who always made a big impact at the right time during big games, such as his goal in the final ten minutes against West Ham to secure a 3-2 win and a historic upset Premier League title for Spurs on the final day of the season.

The new Valencia manager was delighted to be able to welcome dos Santos to the club, talking of their great friendship built during their nine years together at Spurs and handed him the vice-captain duties as a sign of the Mexican's influence.

The
€50m signing spoke of his desire to impress the Spanish footballing crowd, and will look to make a big impact in his first season with Valencia.

VALENCIA FIRST TEAM SQUAD

View attachment 78227

Notable players include the tremendous 22 year old German striker Yacouba Keita, flamboyant Spanish winger Juan Manuel Mata, American striker Jozy Altidore, vice-captain Dos Santos, Argentine flamboyant midfielder Diego Perotti, club captain Yohan Cabaye and experienced Brazilian goalkeeper Renan.

BACKROOM STAFF NEWS

Brazilian Jorginho was named the Assistant Manager, with Spain's Angel Vales and Northern Ireland's Gerry Taggart the first team coaches. World Class Croatian coach Robert Prosinecki was the biggest name to join the coaching staff, along with world class goalkeeping coach Tony Parks.
All the other coaching/scouting/physio positions were filled with
young and cheap top class backroom talent.

A new era is underway, with English football conquered five consecutive times, I was looking for a new challenge.
Can I dominate the Spanish La Liga?

Great story, and good luck with Valencia. I presume Valencia haven't been doing too well?

Bit old, but i started reading through your story and you released Harry Kane?? oO) He turns outto be a star and has-9 potential, you also released lots of players that you could have sold for lots more like taarabt, you can sell him for about 5m :S....O well nice story mate :)

Great read. I'm looking forward to how you turn Valencia into a success. I think it will take at least a couple of years to win a major trophy. One piece of advice, don't sign too many players from your last team as it will feel very similar and you may get bored. Can't wait to see you transfer targets though!

Good luck with your future career in Spain. I will be following.

wow, brave move to leave spurs for Valencia after all these years! Best of luck mate!

I hate you

Joking mate, good luck, traitor

Haha :( sorry! To make it worse, I have been drawn against Spurs in the Champions League group stages for 2018!!!

Bit old, but i started reading through your story and you released Harry Kane?? oO) He turns outto be a star and has-9 potential, you also released lots of players that you could have sold for lots more like taarabt, you can sell him for about 5m :S....O well nice story mate :)

Yeah I made quite a few poor personnel decisions in the starting seasons with the club! But can't learn without making mistakes ;)

Great read. I'm looking forward to how you turn Valencia into a success. I think it will take at least a couple of years to win a major trophy. One piece of advice, don't sign too many players from your last team as it will feel very similar and you may get bored. Can't wait to see you transfer targets though!

Good luck with your future career in Spain. I will be following.

Thanks for the tremendous support! Yes I will try not to do that, I am really enjoying the fresh new team and will be posting some of my future targets for the January window.

wow, brave move to leave spurs for Valencia after all these years! Best of luck mate!

Yeah I debated for a long time when to do this, but in the end the perfect situation arose with a move to Valencia, and hopefully it will work out for the best!

could u post screenie of dos santos please mate
great story

Sure mate, here you go:
View attachment 78478

He is a personal favourite of mine in real life, and I am heavily biased towards him :p but he won me my first league title!

September update coming soon, with my first game in charge!