Diavolo1992

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i saw a lot of good things about bagdadcowboy tactic. I am sharing some useful informations coming from creator into this thread.

Some people complained about getting countered in some games, prevent this from changing the gameplan from "Controll" -> "Counter" I also added some extra tips in comments below.

THE BEST TACTIC EVER MADE!

-This will bring your team to the top with ANY team of ANY league.

-This is a perfected version of my last tactic including good corners and freekicks.

Description:

A tactic without offensive wingers wich saves you money and slots in your squad. Since most MC/DM/OMC can play on any central position. This tactic works against stronger opponents aswell, you just have to be patient, it might take a while before the players get used to the tactic.

I never ever change (Controll -> Counter-Attack -> Defensive -> Offensive) just keep it as it is, even if you are behind with 2 goals, you will create chances.. Depending on the quality of you players you can go from being behind 0-2 to win 5-2 just within a couple of minutes.

------

Where you want to spend your money:

1: AC/OMC, They make the goals ofc ;)

2: LB/RB, They have a big part of the creative side in this tactic.

3: CDM, This is your general. You will be needing a good one for your defense to work.

4: GK, The opponets will get 1-5 RLY good chances during a game, this is where your keeper comes in.

5: CB, Since this tactic is very attacking prioritised your defensive lines will pull a heavy load. But this is also the easiest positions to upgrade. So considering who you got here you might want to jump to next up in prio

6: CM, You might think you want this higher in prio, but i think not.. Depends ofc on your starting team.. But any decent CM/DM/OMC can play on this position and do a good job.

-----

What kind of player do you want?

ACx 2; You want players with high pace, technique and finishing. But you should aim to have 1 that is more of a 1on1 finisher = AC-L and 1 that is more of a physical striker with good headers = AC-R

OCM; This is all up to you, either you can look for 1 that is more of a inside the box player then you want a player with high pace, dribble, passing and finnishing or you could go for the more classical OMC with high creativity and good shots from outside the box and also contribute with the last pass for easy goals as a striker.

CMx 2; Allround players, you want them to be as good as possible at everything. But workrate, stamina and passing is important either way. You can balance and have 1 that is abit more creative and 1 that is abit more destructive

DCM; You want someone who is allround but main stats should be headers, tackle, stamina, work rate and strenght. A creative DCM wont work good at all in this tactic.

LB/RB; Picture a ordinary defensive winger, but extra points in, finishing, dribbles, passing, crosses and pace.. Alot of pace!!!

CB; Except the ordinary defender stats, you want extra in pace & passing.

GK; Concentration, reflexes, pace and 1on1 is what you want him to have his extra points in compared to the ordinary goalkeeper.

---
Just to make things clear on what kind of player you want on every position im gonna give you the "Dream team" with what kind of players every position need. This will be a mix of old and new players, some might not be as good as they used to, but to understand how i think, relate the name to the type of player.

GK = Victor Vald?z
RB = Maicon (INTER) CB = Hummels CB = Thiago Silva LB = Roberto Carlos
DCM = Roy Keane/Patrick Viera
MC = Paul Scholes MC = Michael Ballack (Bayern M?nchen)
OCM = Kak? (Young version)
AC = Zlatan Ibrahimovic (INTER) AC = Ronaldo (Il Fenomeno)

Bold parts are VERY important, so pay attention to them.. Although, read whole article, because everything is matter.

Share results.

Cheers!

I'd like to try this tac....will u share link?

I've been using a tweaked version of this. Will upload here so its easier to find for other. The original is an awesome tactic but sometimes struggles against a wide 4231 especially if the opponents are a bigger team.

Diavolo comment is good. Switch to counter. I often do it when 2+ goals up in the second half.

Hi W4NKER, what is the difference between the original and your tweak?

My Tweak

Few changes:

AMC is now Attacking Midfielder.

2 Strikers are now Complete Forwards.

Added popular defensive and attacking set pieces from FM Base (though still experimenting with these)

View attachment 394511
View attachment 394512
View attachment 394510

French 3rd division to beating madrid in 3.5 seasons with minimal transfer and wage budgets.

Looking forward to trying this with a big established team.

W4NKER I would love to try your version...if you dont mind post it...:)

I was expecting the tweak for some reason.. lol.. :)
Ha. The original worked fine for me first of all... more than fine in fact. But the tweaks mentioned above suited my players better so I suggest trying both... or download the original and tweak to suit your players as I have.

w4nker what do u do for teamtalks ?
Nothing. Only play FM Classic now.

Training is Balanced High.

Also this works for me so feel free to try:

- When winning by 2+ goals in second half switch to Counter.
- When winning by 1+ goal after 80/85 mins switch to Counter.
- When drawing after 70 mins switch to Attacking (if playing similar or lesser team). Return to Control if you take the lead.

For this to fully work on normal FM you should have three version set in each tactic slot. Control, Counter and Attacking. On FMC this doesnt matter

Hi W4NKER, Great tactic

smile.gif

Can you make same tactic, but with formation 4-2-3-1 please ?

smile.gif

Hi W4NKER, Great tactic

smile.gif

Can you make same tactic, but with formation 4-2-3-1 please ?

smile.gif
It's not my tactic and don't think it could be changed to a 4-2-3-1 without tweaking the team instructions. Maybe someone else will soon.

Last edited:
Few changes:

AMC is now Attacking Midfielder.

2 Strikers are now Complete Forwards.

Added popular defensive and attacking set pieces from FM Base (though still experimenting with these)

View attachment 556331
View attachment 556328
View attachment 556334

French 3rd division to beating madrid in 3.5 seasons with minimal transfer and wage budgets.

Looking forward to trying this with a big established team.

I can never get Steam workshop to work, think it is rubbish there is not direct download option. What where the player roles before you changed the AMC and Strikers?

Just want to see the best one for my team, No screenshots of roles on workshop either!