I posted a link in the above post #19 to the original.

Few changes:

AMC is now Attacking Midfielder.

2 Strikers are now Complete Forwards.

Added popular defensive and attacking set pieces from FM Base (though still experimenting with these)

View attachment 556331
View attachment 556328
View attachment 556334

French 3rd division to beating madrid in 3.5 seasons with minimal transfer and wage budgets.

Looking forward to trying this with a big established team.

Do you watch your games mate or instant result?

Do you watch your games mate or instant result?

When I first download a tactic I'll watch the matches to see how it plays and where I could change it. Once I've settled on the tactic I will do as Kitchin says, instant result most games except big league and cup games.

I notice no difference in results with instant result. Watching bigger games allows me to better deal with yellow or red cards which can make the difference in those games. In instant result the assistant manager often fails here.

Whats the best match prep to use ?

Thats my question too.

On FMC I use Balanced High 30%

On full game I would try Attacking movement as well. On FM14 if the AI want to score they will so may as well attack!

Nothing. Only play FM Classic now.

Training is Balanced High.

Also this works for me so feel free to try:

- When winning by 2+ goals in second half switch to Counter.
- When winning by 1+ goal after 80/85 mins switch to Counter.
- When drawing after 70 mins switch to Attacking (if playing similar or lesser team). Return to Control if you take the lead.

For this to fully work on normal FM you should have three version set in each tactic slot. Control, Counter and Attacking. On FMC this doesnt matter

+ Att movement training and Balanced high, no OI
is this conclusion?

just did a full season with Leicester using the tweaked version - very good went 32 games unbeaten in the league, reached the quarter final of the league cup and the semi-final of the fa cup.

just did a full season with Leicester using the tweaked version - very good went 32 games unbeaten in the league, reached the quarter final of the league cup and the semi-final of the fa cup.

Great season, are both your forwards set as CF?

This tactic has its own thread now? It's without a shout of a doubt one of the worst tactics on 14.3 in my opinion.

Why? You ask. Well, I've tried this tactic and I've conceded at least 4 CCC per match at average, with 0 CCC created.

Last edited:
Well your management must be f*****, everyone else is having success with this, the opposition may get a couple of CCC throughout the match but you will also get a fair few

Well your management must be f*****, everyone else is having success with this, the opposition may get a couple of CCC throughout the match but you will also get a fair few
Used FMRTE to get the best out of my players. Nothing to do with my management.