Baggio's Inter: Nerazzurro Pride!

FIFA World Cup 2014

View attachment 223273

With Italy failing to qualify for World Cup Finals in Brazil, Italian players with manager Roberto Baggio had to watch the FIFA World Cup at home.

Group stages didn't really provide big shocks, all the main teams qualified to the second stage of the tournament.

However in second stage there was a big match between the two of the contenders Argentina and Spain. Teriffic match won by late Argentina goal.

Another notable game was between Portugal and Germany, where somewhat surprisingly Portugal won the game with Chritiano Ronaldo hat-trick, final score 4-2.

World Cup second stage results:

View attachment 223274

Quarter final had Brazil-England game in which Three Lions finally have beaten the curse by winning the knockout match by penalties.

In Another game France narrowly defetaed Portugal to reach the semi-finals.

Quarter Final results:

View attachment 223275

In Semi-Finals, surprise packages of the tournament Belgium finally lost to England who reached the World Cup Final for the first time since 1966.

In other semi-final France once again showed resilient defensive display to beat most impressive side until this point in World Cup, Argentina.

Semi Final results:

View attachment 223276

The Final

View attachment 223278

England
amazingly finally have won the World Cup after this very tight and nervous match versus old rivals France. Wayne Rooney's goal ten minutes from time was enough to put England in history books once again.

Three Lions win the FIFA World Cup

View attachment 223279

View attachment 223280

New Season (2014 - 2015)

August - September 2014

In the blink of an eye new season already came upon us. Inter were surprisingly quite in transfer window, sticking with the squad that won Roberto Baggio his third successive Scudetto. Although Diego Milito and Lucio decided to retire at the end of last season.

Champions League draw has already taken place and Inter is drawn up against Sporting Lisbon, Malaga and Olympiakos in Group Stages. We played against all of these teams in last couple of seasons in Champions League and have beaten them quite comfortably, so Baggio must be pleased with the draw.

Serie A (Fixture 1) View attachment 225848This is exactly how you want to start the season, with solid win against quality opposition. Udinese in truth did not pose any real threats to break our solid backline, at the other end though, Baggio's men were ruthless, especially Leandro Damiao who bagged himself a brace.

Serie A (Fixture 2)View attachment 225850This is bit of a set back for Inter Milan. Novara's Takayuki Morimoto scored an equaliser right at the deth to steal a point.

Serie A (Fixture 3)View attachment 225852Great perfomance by Inter here after long international break. Ricardo Alvarez opened the scoring and goals followed soon by Alberto Paloschi, Leandro Damiao and Andrea Ranocchia. 4-0 indicates our dominance of the game but I have to praise new golakeeper Marc-André ter Stegen's performance for making three fantastic saves.

Champions League (Goup E - Fixture 1)View attachment 225854
Dissapointing result and a performance to go with it at home against Greek side Olympiakos at the opening day of this year's Champions League. We looked to be on our way to record yet another win in Europe when Andrea Bertolacci gave us a lead with fantastic long rage effort, but Javito got one back for the visitors 2 minutes from full time whistle.

Serie A (Fixture 4)View attachment 225855It pains me to say this, but Lazio deserved all three points they took from this game. Roberto Baggio's team were shockingly poor and did not really creat a clear cut chances. At the end Brazilian youngster Vierinha's goal was the difference.

Serie A (Fixture 5)View attachment 225856Preparations weren't perfect for this game and it showed clearly on the pitch. We had few players out injured, the likes of Poli, Paloschi and Alvarez, where Juventus had a high morale and all their players fit for visit to San Siro. Despite late brave effort from Nerazzurri, Juventus held on to win with goals from Giovinco and IIicic.

Serie A (Fixture 6)View attachment 225857
Another poor performance by Inter as we lose against Palermo in closely fought match. Despite having better of chances and posession, we didn't take our chances and Palermo did just enought to secure a victory.

Chamions League (Group E - Fixture 2)View attachment 225858
Poor run of resluts continue as we lose fourth game in a row. We will have to win the remaining group games now which includes two tricky away games against Malaga and Olympiakos. Sporting dominated the game and deserved to win. Poor month for us, unfortunately.

September 2014 results:
View attachment 225859

Serie A table so far:
View attachment 225860

Last edited:
Tough start to the season, I'm sure you will turn this poor run around!

yeah I know right? but I think Italy job on the side was the wrong decision, It is hard to compete with two teams, especially I am spending too much time looking for italian talents who can perform in International level, at the moment I can;t really find any world class italian players.

yeah I know right? but I think Italy job on the side was the wrong decision, It is hard to compete with two teams, especially I am spending too much time looking for italian talents who can perform in International level, at the moment I can;t really find any world class italian players.

I know what you mean, in a couple saves on previous FM versions I tried managing on two different fronts, it becomes a hassle, found I enjoyed it more when I just focused on one team.

October 2014

Serie A (Fixture 7)View attachment 226090Shockingly poor run continues into the new month after this defeat to Catania. That man again, Maxi Lopez was excellent against Inter Milan with an assist to Narsingh's goal, as well as scoring one himself.

Seria A (Fixture 8)View attachment 226091
Finally Roberto Baggio wins a football match after 5 straight defeats. This was completely different Inter side with plenty of chances, posession and not giving a chance to Fiorentina. Goals came from our two main strikers Alberto Paloschi and Leandro Damiao.

Champions League (Group E - Fixture 3)View attachment 226092
Just when I thought we were starting to turn things around, there came the big defeat in Spain. Malaga looked really motivated to win this match and they were very solid at the back. Inter on the other hand looked vulnerable every time Malaga got the ball.
We have a mountain to climb now of we are to qualify from this group after recording only 1 pint from opening three games.

Serie A (Fixture 9)View attachment 226093
For the first time since Roberto Baggio became manager of Inter three years ago, we can say that he is under real pressure. Atalanta game was an opportunity to bounce back from miserable defeat in Europe, but once again Inter left stunned by the opposition. It was a terrific macth for neutral fans, Atalanta went 3-0 up into the break, but Inter put in a real battle in the second half. Here is the match highlights:

[video=youtube;K1AfeS6GWXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1AfeS6GWXA&feature=g-upl&context=G276a504AUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

Serie A (Fixture 10)View attachment 226094Inter's Yo-Yo form in Serie A was again played out in San Siro against Chievo. Toothless in first half, but greatly improved in the second half. Cartaignos was given a chance by replacing injured Paloschi after just 30 minutes and he took his chance with great goal. There were also more goals for our regular scorers Damiao and Alvarez.

October 2014 results: View attachment 226095
A tough month and start to the season, In Serie A Baggio's men sit 10th after ten games and In Europe, well we already looking at face of elimination from Champions League, unless we win all of our remaining games in Group. There was also bad news for Alberto Paloschi, who will be out with injury for upto 6 weeks

Serie A table so far:
View attachment 226096

November 2014

Serie A (fixture 11)
View attachment 227129Started the month with big win away at Cesena. Andre Ayew scored his first goal of the season early on, Andrea Ranocchia and Leandro Damiao added soon to give 3-0 lead to Inter at half time. Second half was similar affair, Alvarez scored a delightful free-kick and subsitute Luc Castaignos rounded out the scoring in five-start performance by Roberto Baggio's team.

Champions League (Group E - fixture 4)
View attachment 227132Inter scored five goals for the second game in succession in a must win game against Spanish cash-rich side Malaga. Usual suspects Ricky Alvarez, Andre Ayew and Castaignos were the main performers once again, ther was also a goal for new signing Paolo Dametto who was bought as cover for defence.

Match Highlights:
[video=youtube;y3Uc8_MQj-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Uc8_MQj-M&feature=g-upl&context=G2a6d274AUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

Serie A (fixture 12)
View attachment 227138A vital win in Serie A after some disastrous results this season. Roberto Baggio surprisingly leaned towards defensive tactics against Parma and it worked with Inter doing just enough to get all three points thanks to Leandro Damiao's second half strike.

Serie A (fixture 13)
View attachment 227139Like already happened many time this season, just when Inter started to get some positive results they have been dealt a massive blow against struggling Genoa side. Despite trying hard until the very last second Genoa managed to held off against Inter attacks to get all three points.

Champions League (Group E - fixture 5)
View attachment 227141Probably the best performance by Inter this season, we really needed this win and it puts us in good position to qualify to next round. Leandro Damiao was unavailabe for this game, so Baggio started with Ricardo Causarano and Luc Castaignos upfront and they both responded with goals. Another goal for defender Paolo Dametto finished off Olympiakos from any hope of comeback.

Serie A (fixture 14)
View attachment 227142A strong performance by Inter to win hard-fought game against Roma at San Siro. Luc Castaignos is having a fantastic season and once again managed to score with well-taken strike, Leandro Damiao then scored the winner for vital three points.
Despite winning three out of our four games we still sit way behind where we wanted at this point, in 9th position on League table, but signs are finally gettting better for Inter.

November 2014 results:
View attachment 227144

Serie A Table so far:

View attachment 227145

Champions League Group E standings:

View attachment 227146

Last edited:
Italy's 2016 European Championship Qualification progress

Roberto Baggio took charge of his first competitive matches since he took over as Italy manager to run with his full time job in charge of Inter Milan.

View attachment 227735

Improvement over friendly game against Spain three months ago, but Spain took all three points in the match that involved top two teams in this group. When Dominico Criscito scored to equalise to earlier goal from Cesc Fabregas, everyone thought we earned a point, but Spain hit us again late with Alvaro Negredo's goal.

View attachment 227736

Good performance away against strong team, but unfortunately we don't have a result to show for it. Dominated the posession and had more chances to score, but we missed all of them.

View attachment 227737
Everyone expected Italy to win comfortably verus probably the weakest side in this group, but once again we had problems with keeping the shots on target and scoring goals. Did win the game though, that is the most important thing at the moment, goals came from strikers Guiseppe Rossi and Alberto Paloschi.

View attachment 227738

Group Table

View attachment 227739

I am sorry to ask, what formation you used to train inter milan? I want to play by using inter however, I find it difficult to find the right formation|)