Baggio's Inter: Nerazzurro Pride!

OFFICIAL: Wesley Sneijder joins Manchester City

View attachment 219377
I wouldn't be surprised if Sneijder joined Man City couple of years ago, but this news must come as unexpected at this time of the season. Manchester City reportedly paid 32 million pounds for Sneijder's services and after buying upcoming Italian midfielder Andrea Bertolacci, Inter could not turn this offer down.

View attachment 219378 View attachment 219379

32 million pounds for Sneijder's you could of sold him for double that mate but i suppose your looking into younger players i hope losing him wasent a mistake

He is at his peak you should have held onto him for longer as you never know when you will need him! However im sure you will make a genius signing for half the price or something

He is at his peak you should have held onto him for longer as you never know when you will need him! However im sure you will make a genius signing for half the price or something

To be honest Sneijder's best position is Attacking central midfielder, but in my tatcticts I use only wingers and central midfielders, so he wasn't really gona play to his full ability with Inter. Unfortunately 32m was the best I could get for him...

And you right, I think I already signed genuis to replace him: Andrea Bertolacci... or at least i hope so

32 million pounds for Sneijder's you could of sold him for double that mate but i suppose your looking into younger players i hope losing him wasent a mistake
I know what you mean mate, but let me explain: firstly I use 4-2-2-2 formation with two wingers and two central midfielders, Sneijder is attacking midfielder, which I don't need.Secondly, he will turn 30 by the end of the season, which seemengly means automatic price drop in FM2012, but yeah if i tried harder, I could probably get more money for him....

Last edited:
January 2014

Seria A (fixture 17)
View attachment 219616
First game after the winter break and without and our players showed that they had a good rest with very comfortable and dominant performance against Novara. Diego Forlan ended his two month goal drought with a brace, there were also goals for ever-impressive Ricky Alvarez and Andre Ayew who replaced Wesley Sneijder in midfield after Dutch star's transfer to Manchester City.

Italian cup (first round)View attachment 219617
This was a good opportunity to test some of our youngsters agains Serie C side Sassuolo, but there was one man who stole the show with spectacular performance. Luc Castaignos wasted two glorious chances before Sassuolo took a shock lead but then he scored four goals in space of 30 minutes.

Serie A (fixture 18)View attachment 219618Well, what can I say? incredible result for Catania fans and one of the best games of the season. When Luca Caldirola converted penalty to give us 2-1 lead with ten minutes to go, I thought we would take all three points, but Maxi Lopez and Gomez scored two goal in last two minutes to stun Inter Milan.

Match Highlights:
[video=youtube;KNgWLvpUPq8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNgWLvpUPq8&list=UUXW9VLyfTe_rJhAixFTRkqA& index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

Serie A (fixture 19)View attachment 219619It looked like we were heading to two defeats in a row for the first time under the charge of Roberto Baggio, but it was Inter this time who scored two late goals from Ricardo Alvarez who has been the most impressive performer this year for us so far and Leandro Damiao.

Match Highlights:
[video=youtube;7PPjj4GI9ag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PPjj4GI9ag&feature=autoplay&list=UUXW9VLy fTe_rJhAixFTRkqA&lf=plcp&playnext=1[/video]

Seria A (fixture 20)View attachment 219623Roberto Baggio's men finished the month in Serie A with a win away at Lecce. Leandro Damiao with two typical poacher's goals, super-sub Luc Castaignos once again in great from with assist to Andre Ayew's goal and also got himself on the scoresheet.

Italian Cup (Quarter Final)View attachment 219627Goals from Luc Castaignos and Leandro Damiao have put Inter into the Semi-final of Italian Cup in what was a solid win against Lazio in our fourth away game in a row.

January 2014 results:View attachment 219625

Serie A table so far:
View attachment 219626

Last edited:
February 2014

Serie A (fixture 21)View attachment 220349
Baggio's team really wanted to beat Genoa side, who always seem to punch above their weight when they play against us. But this time it was complete domination by Inter. Ranocchia scored his third goal of the season by giving us a lead, goals continued coming from Alberto Paloschi, Andre Ayew and brace from Leandro Damiao made it a five star performance by the Nerazzurri.

Match highlights:
[video=youtube;33GrxZXcZdg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33GrxZXcZdg&list=UUXW9VLyfTe_rJhAixFTRkqA& index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

Serie A (fixture 22)View attachment 220350
Second game in six days at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome against Lazio and the match finished with identical scoreline. Strike double Alberto Paloschi and veteran Diego Milito with goals.

Seria A (fixture 23)View attachment 220352Easy win agains the bottom side in the league, Alberto Paloschi with his third and fourth goals in last three games. Defender Luca Caldirola scored his fourth goal of the season to keep up the impressive record by Inter defenders. Spanish winger Keko has also got himself on the scoresheet.

Italian Cup (Semi-final first leg)View attachment 220353A bit of a setback against Cagliari in the cup, we wanted to wrap up the tie in the first leg, but instead we find ourlselves needing to score and win the second leg away from home. Cagliari scored a vital away goal just before the half time and then sat back deep in front of their goal. We could only break them down once with Damiao's strike.

Seria A (fixture 24)View attachment 220351Hard fought win against ever-improving Torino side has put us 10 points ahead of our nearest opponent on the table, but it came at a cost, Andrea Ranocchia injured and will be out for upto six weeks. Great two goals from Andre Ayew and Diego Forlan.

Seria A (fixture 25)View attachment 220354
One of the poorest performance under the management of Roberto Baggio. Inter looked like team playing for a draw and just could not make any clear cut chances. Fiorentina has punished us with late goal from their star player Jovetic.

Champions League (First Knockout Stage leg 1)View attachment 220355
I was quite nervous about this game in hostile Greece and the hosts started the match brightly, but Inter were quickly in control. It was all about Leandro Damiao as he scores his third hat-trick in Inter shirt.

February 2014 results:View attachment 220356

Seria A table so far...
View attachment 220357

Last edited:
Euro 2018 Qualification Draw results

Roberto Baggio
will begin his career as Italy national team manager next month with a friendly game against current World and European Champions Spain, but he had more important things to worry about this afternoon at the UEFA Headquarter in Geneva.

View attachment 220461

2018 European Championship Qualification draw put Italy in tough group with Bulgaria, Spain, Ireland and Luxembourg.

Having worked with the Italian youth squad already before becoming manager of Inter Milan, Roberto Baggio is likely to introduce many young Italian talents into the mix, his youth revolition is already on the way at Internazionale with the likes of Lorenzo Tassi, Luca Caldirola, Andrea Bertolacci, Alberto Paloschi, Lido Barbuti and many more getting their chances in big, competitive matches.

Italy Squad Announced
View attachment 220909

Roberto Baggio
has announced his first Italy squad to face World Champions Spain in Madrid next week. Gianluigi Buffon is unavailable due to injury, so Salvatore Sirigu is expected to replace him in goal.

Baggio also likely to give National team debuts to Inter midfielders Andrea Poli and Andrea Bertolacci as well as Genoa winger Diego Fabbrini.

Italian team is beginning the proccess of rebuilding after disastrous 2014 Wold Cup Qualification campaign where they missed out on Finals place after losing their Play-Off game to England.

Full Squad:

View attachment 220910

Last edited:
Azurri era starts under Roberto Baggio

View attachment 221631

Not the ideal start for Roberto Baggio as national team manager as many Italian fans were hoping for, but he made his intentions clear by fielding team made up of young italian players.

I have to admit that Spain dominated the game and we had to sit deep to defend attack after attack, but it is the start of new era and new ideas for Italy. Baggio himself said after the match he was not looking for result, but the commitment and desire to play for national team, Azurri players have certainly displayed that against the current World and European Champions.

March 2014

Serie A (fixture 26)
View attachment 221774After International break it was back to Serie A for Roberto Baggio and his side against bottom of the league team Emploli. Leandro Damiao was the star of the show with another fantastic performance with hat-trick to show for it.

Serie A (fixture 27)View attachment 221778One of the best performances of the season from us here against Cagliari side who has been impressive recently. Three best players of Inter season so far Paloschi, Damiao and Ricky Alvarez with the goals.

Match Highlights:
[video=youtube;d_6lVCvauf0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_6lVCvauf0&feature=g-upl&context=G220de75AUAAAAAAABAA[/video]

Serie A (fixture 28)View attachment 221781
Impressive run of form continues with a very convincing victory against Chievo at home. Once again our stars were Leandro Damiao and winger Keko and Alvarez. Third win in two weeks in Serie A has put us in very comfortable position on the top of the table with ten games to go.

Champions League (first knockout stage - 2nd leg)View attachment 221782
We virtually were in quarter finals even before the kick off after winning the first leg in Greece 3-0, so we could afford to rest some of our players. Real hero of the game is Alberto Paloschi with incredible four goals. Once again like last season Inter Milan is dominating the Europe.

Seria A (fixture 29)View attachment 221783 A knock back after recent big wins against Palermo side, their Turkish striker Melvut Erdinc has punished us with two typical effective counter attack goals and we wasted too many chances to score at the other end. Only positive of the game for us was the goal of Leandro Damiao which puts him on top of the league goal scorers table.

Italian Cup (Semi-Final 2nd leg)View attachment 221777How quickly football can change, only couple of weeks ago Baggio's boys has beaten Cagliari in Serie A with one of the most comfortable wins, but this time round they were stunned by home team. Such a commitment from Cagliari to reach the Final of the Italian Cup.

Seria A (fixture 30)View attachment 221784A difficult but positive end to the month with important win against strong Udinese. Leandro Damiao was the difference between the sides. Inter's form dipped slightly just in time for Champions League Quarter and Semi Final draw. It is getting interesting now...

March results:View attachment 221785

The League table so far:

View attachment 221786

Champions League Knock-out stages: Full of surprises!

Watching the live draw for this season's Champions League, I was hoping to avoid the likes of Barcelona, Arsenal and Cheslea. This years Champions League has been full of surprises, Real Madrid didn't even make it out of their group, same situation with big money spenders Manchester City.

Then in the knock-out stages Manchester United lost the tie against Bayer Levurkusen, Milan lost to PSG and another surprise was Arsenal's 4-1 win against Bayern Munich away in Germany.

View attachment 221874

Roberto Baggio's team have to do it in hardest way possible if they are to win the CL title this season after being drawn up against London giants Chelsea. If we do beat them somehow we will most likely have to overcome Barcelona challenge in semi-final.

View attachment 221881

Last edited:
April 2014

Ridiculous fixture list

We had to play 9 games during the month of April, playing on average every 3 days. Four of them were in Champions League, two-legged quarter and semi-final games versus Chelsea and Barcelona. Also three of five Serie A games were against Roma, AC Milan and Juventus, so you could say this was without any doubt the pivotal month of our season.

Champions League (Quarter-final, first leg)
View attachment 222345Roberto Baggio and Inter fans knew they had to get a good result at Guiseppe Meazza before the return leg in London. We played well and went up 2-0 just before the hour mark, but Chelsea's Jonas Olsson scored a vital away goal few minutes from full time.

Seria A (fixture 31)
View attachment 222346Being 12 points clear at the top of the league table and return leg coming up after 3 days in Champions League quarter final against Chelsea, it was no brainer that Baggio rested majority of the key players. We did just enough to get all three points with great free kick by Philippe Coutinho.

Champions League (Quarter-final, first leg)
View attachment 222347Out of all the people you wouldn't choose captain John Terry to be the reason for Chelsea to crash out of Champions League, but that is exactly what happened in Stamford Bridge. Fernando Torres twice put Chelsea in the lead on both sides of Leandro Damiao's goal, but it was John Terry's own goal late on that sent Inter to third Champions League semi-final in a row.

Match Highlights:

[video=youtube;ALQu3r96_cU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALQu3r96_cU&feature=g-upl&context=G2ae0bcfAUAAAAAAABAA[/video]

Serie A (fixture 32)
View attachment 222348Mad week for Inter in Serie A begins with game againts Roma, we had to play against Milan and Juventus in the same week! In this game once again we had to rest some of our main player due to injuries and congested fixture list, but we won the game thanks to great individual effort by Diego Forlan.

Serie A (fixture 33)
View attachment 222349The usual heated contest by two Milanese sides, at the end though no-one could find a way through Julio Cesar and Cristian Abbiatti. Both of this goalkeepers have been in great form this season keeping 15 and 17 clean sheets in Serie A, respectively.

Serie A (fixture 34)View attachment 222350What a win for us in Debry d'Italia, completely dominated the game and could have scored many goals. Two own goals by Juventus defenders and a brace from leading goalscorer Leandro Damiao completed the result and three points for Inter Milan.

Champions League (Semi-final, first leg)View attachment 222353Great result for us, considering we have a vital away goal and a draw against one of the hardest teams to play against. We could have won the game had Barcelona's Fabregas not scored in the last minute of the game. Yet another goal for our star striker Leandro Damiao.

Serie A (fixture 35)View attachment 222354Concentrating in Europe, Baggio continues to field a second team for Serie A games and they continue to rack up the points. Another solid win away against Atalanta with goals from youngsters Alberto Paloschi and Coutinho.

Champions League (Semi-final, second leg)
View attachment 222355Possibly the most heartbreaking match of Baggio's reign so far. Very tight game looked like will go all the way to penalties when out of nowhere Bojan scored a goal with seconds to go until the end of the match. Inter doesn't reach the Final of the Champions League for the first time since Roberto Baggio took over as manager.

Match Highlights:
[video=youtube;R0J0Ja-0cxo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0J0Ja-0cxo&feature=g-upl&context=G22743b1AUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

April 2014 results:View attachment 222356

Wow, never seen a month of fixtures like that. Tough luck losing to Barcelona, but looks like you are still going very strong in the league!

Wow, never seen a month of fixtures like that. Tough luck losing to Barcelona, but looks like you are still going very strong in the league!

yeah, they seriously f**cked up the fixture list... yeah won the league for the third time in a row... I will put it on my next update.

I have just sat and read all 16 pages, it was awesome to read, eye catching and some great results thrown in :)

May 2014

I never seen a month of May being insignificant for Inter before. This year though, with League title already won, out of Champions League and Italian Cup, it was only experimental matches left against Napoli, Novara and Catania.#

Seria A (fixture 36)
View attachment 222648Completely changed team with many youngsters getting their first taste of Serie A on this game against strong Napoli side. Only goal for Inter came from captain on the day Andrea Ranocchia.

Serie A (fixture 37)
View attachment 222649Roberto Baggio's decision to stick with the youth team cost him the third defeat on the trot for the first time in his career. Despite the countless of chances for Inter Milan in the second half Marco Rigoni's early opener was enough to give Novara all three points.

Serie A (fixture 38)
View attachment 222650Inter manager Roberto Baggio made some changes to make sure that we finish off the season on positive note. Comfortable win for the Nerazzurri with goals from Paloschi and Alvarez as well as an own goal from Catania's Niklas Moisander.

April 2014 results:
View attachment 222651

Final League table:

View attachment 222652

Yet another Serie A title for Inter Milan and Roberto Baggio!

View attachment 222653
Roberto Baggio has won his third league title for the third year in a row with Inter Milan. In previous years it almost became a tradition to win the Serie A title with a victory against Siena, but this year like the last, it was a sweet celebrations after the game against our fiercest rivals AC Milan. Yes, we didn't win the match itself, but the point against our red and black striped neighbours has oficially won the Serie A title for Inter Milan.

Once again we completely dominated the serie both as a team and in individual races.

View attachment 222654 View attachment 222655

As you can see we have 5 players in top 7 for the average rating in Serie A for the last season. Also Inter players Leandro Damiao and Keko lead the goalscorers and goal assists stats respectively.

Inter also the best attacking and defending team with 92 gooals scored and only 26 conceded. Once again it has been immensly successful season for Inter in Serie A.

Last edited: