Baggio's Inter: Nerazzurro Pride!

Inter launch Javier Zanetti cup

After their legend and captain finally retired from football Inter Milan has decided to launch a football tournament in his honour. This years first edition of pre-season cup will see league style matches played out between Inter, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United.

View attachment 216947

First roundView attachment 216948

Second roundView attachment 216949

Third roundView attachment 216950

View attachment 216953

Great goal by youngster Oliver Markoutz and Diego Milito's finish in last game against Real Madrid has won us the first Javier Zanetti Cup ever:

[video=youtube;j6bSBVv0PrQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6bSBVv0PrQ&list=UUXW9VLyfTe_rJhAixFTRkqA& index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

View attachment 216952

View attachment 216954

View attachment 216955

Last edited:
Baggio is committed to Inter

View attachment 217146

Inter Milan manager Roberto Baggio confirmed reports that he is staying with Inter. He said: " I am very flattered to be linked to such a great club but I am committed to Inter. Inter also is a great team and I am looking forward to build a team for future. I would like to thank Manchester United for their interest and wish them every success in the future. "

You definitely got a better European draw than I did. My Inter got stuck with PSG (who I beat for the European Super Cup), Tottenham and AZ in my group. Finished second after a wild shootout with PSG in the first match and tied in the home match. Kevin Gameiro is unstoppable for them.

Travel to the "U"s (Pre-season review)

We have won the first ever Javier Zanetti Cup beating Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona to the title. After that Inter announced tours to Uzbekistan playing cash rich Bunyodkor and Paxtakor twice each, then travelling to USA to play with D.C United, La Galaxy and New York Red Bulls.

View attachment 217163
Powerful striker Leandro Damiao got Inter Milan off to a flyer by scoring well executed finish on 8 minutes. He added his 2nd goal of the game with great struck effort just before the half time, it was a superb finish and Leandro looked delighted. Striker Giampaolo Pazzini completed the rout with areal poacher's effort on 59 minutes.

View attachment 217164Inter were left deeply frustrated by plucky Paxtakor outfit who withstood a ninety minute barrage to come away with a draw against current World Champions. Goalkeeper Ihtiyor Tursunov suffered the ignominy of scoring a calamitous own goal in the 34th minute on the clock. However, Paxtakor's equaliser came through former CSKA Moscow player Aziz Qobilov as he seized on Yuto Nagatomo's mistake to score a powerful penalty.

View attachment 217165We produced a good display in second game in 4 days against Paxtakor. A brace from Alberto Paloschi and goals from Leandro Damiao, Keko and Coutinho made it 5 for us before Paxtakor pulled two back with goals from Akmal Ergashev and Umid Po'latov.

View attachment 217166The last game of the tour to Uzbekistan finished with comfortable 4-1 victory against league champions Bunyodkor. We fielded many young players, Oliver Markoutz and Francesco Gaudino impressed with great performances.

Italian Super Cup
View attachment 217167Unfortunately we have lost the Super Cup against our arch rivals AC Milan. The match began in controversial circumstances as A.C Milan were denied claims by Luiz Adriano for a penalty. Later on, Pato eventually gave Milan the lead with simple finish. Alberto Paloschi got us back to the game with a goal just after the hour mark. Game eventually went into extra time and despite dominating the possesion, Milan has hit back with countre attack, great goal by Pato to be fair to him.

View attachment 217177Roberto Baggio must be quite impressed by D.C United as they played out very open and entertaining game in this first match of the USA tour. Greg Simpson scored a deserved equaliser to Diego Forlan's early opener. Once again we tried out some exciting young player such as Lorenzo Tassi and

View attachment 217178Leandro Damiao once again put on great performance and opened the scoring with well taken strike. Philipe Coutinho extended the lead firther just before the half time and Diego Forlan made it 3-0 after the break. Michael Connent got surprise goal back for La Galaxy before youngster Francesco Gaudino completed the scoring to make it 4-1.
Really good goals in this game, that is why I decided to upload the highlights:

[video=youtube;InFV5dCMPY4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InFV5dCMPY4&list=UUXW9VLyfTe_rJhAixFTRkqA& index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

View attachment 217180Last game of the pre-season before the real thing begins and we rested many key players after Lucio was injured in last game, he will be out for about 5-6 month which is real blow. Solid win with only goal coming from that man again, Leandro Damiao.
After this game Roberto Baggio announced Esteban Cambiasso as new club captain, replacing Javier Zanetti who took up coaching job after his playing career.

View attachment 217181

Last edited:
You definitely got a better European draw than I did. My Inter got stuck with PSG (who I beat for the European Super Cup), Tottenham and AZ in my group. Finished second after a wild shootout with PSG in the first match and tied in the home match. Kevin Gameiro is unstoppable for them.

U mean in my last season? yeah well it was really smooth ride until the final

Transfers

Once again Inter decided to concentrate on bringing local youngsters with alot of players leaving the club after Inter cancelled many co-ownorship deals. Main signing of the transfer window for Nerazzurri was Andrea Bertolacci who moved from Roma for £16m.

View attachment 217350 View attachment 217351

2013-2014 UEFA Champions League group stage draw:

View attachment 217327 View attachment 217328

It is fair to say that draw has been kind to Inter as it put us against Dynamo Kiev, Danish champions Kobenhavn and Rosenborg from Norway in group F.

September 2013

Serie A (fixture 1)
View attachment 217329Good opening to new season with Diego Forlan and Lendro Damiao continuing where they left off last season. Overall very comfortable and impressive performance by the Baggio's boys.

Serie A (fixture 2)
View attachment 217330Football can be funny and strange business, we had two weeks break and looked very fresh before the game. Having won the first game of the season so comfortably players could be forgiven to be quite confident of beating Genoa, even though they have been the most difficult team to beat last season. But they tought us the harsh lesson with goals from former Nerazzurro Goran Pandev and Wilson Palacio as well as our youngster Natalino netting an own goal.
I can't be not impressed by Genoa's record against Roberto Baggio's side:
View attachment 217332

Champions League (group-fixture 1)View attachment 217333What a dramatic finish to a game that was so dissapointing for us until 85th minute when Alberto Paloschi scored first of his two goals. Just minutes after he scored late winner to give us all three points at the opening day of this season's Champions League. Despite the tight scoreline Inter in truth were very unlucky not to score more goals as stats suggest:
View attachment 217334

Match Highlights:
[video=youtube;CFv98D_R1oc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFv98D_R1oc&feature=g-upl&context=G25f05d1AUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

Serie A (fixture 3)View attachment 217335Very entertaining and open game fortunately for us, ended with Inter victory. Ricardo Alvarez has put on world class performance with two great goals. There were late scare for Inter but it was too late for Lazio to get anything out of this game.

Serie (fixture
4)View attachment 217337I can't beleive it! After scoring great hat-trick Alberto Paloschi got himself sent off by referee for stupid mistake. Ricky Alvarez once again very impressive but I am sure Roberto Baggio will be frustrated by two match ban Paloschi going to receive after hitting peak form.

Serie A (fixture 5)View attachment 217340Quite impressed by this resilient Torino side. They were simply faultless in defence and we failed break them down. Disappointed that we lost vital two points.

We finished the first month of the season in fourth position behind the leaders AC Milan with a gap of 3 points

Serie A Table:

View attachment 217345

View attachment 217346

Last edited:
although MU is my favourite club, but i prefer Baggio stick with Inter..XD

Yeah, it was very tempting but I though it would be shame to leave the club, where I just started getting young players and want to build for future. Guess who got the job? you would never guess... (hint: he is from south america)

October 2013

Champions League (Group Stage fixture 2)View attachment 218811Like last season Internazionale have been performing well in UEFA Champions League, this time getting comfortable win in Norway against Rosenborg. Leandro Damiao gave us the lead and doubled it very quickly before Keko and Sneijder scored beatiful goals to put result beyond any doubt. Rosenborg did fight back with some motivation with two goals late on, but it was too much of a task to provide one of the biggest come-backs in CL history.

Serie A (fixture 6)View attachment 218812Fiorentina are usually very tricky opponents but Baggio's boys managed to get three points without too much difficulties in San Siro. Ricardo Alvarez continues to impress, but the real star of this game was Wesley Sneijder with two great goals. Spanish youngster Keko also continued his recent scoring form to give us clean 4-0 win.

Serie A (fixture 7)View attachment 218816Inter's fantastic form doesn't seem to end anytime soon, this time around thumping Empoli away from home. Roberto Baggio has changed the striker line-up for the third game in a row, fielding Leandro Damiao with Diego Milito. both of them got themselves on scoresheet with impressive performances to go with it. Diego Forlan came on as subsitute late on to further our lead and Tonelli's own goal concluded our five-star performance.

Champions League (Group Stage fixture 3)
View attachment 218817Probably the toughest opponents in our group and Dynamo Kyiv showed us just why that is. They were surprisingly optimistic and confident despite playing away in front of 80.000 hostile Nerazzurri fans and going 3-0 down before the half time. Inter took a lead through defender Luca Caldirola's penalty. Alberto Paloschi scored two goals in quick succession before the interval, but Dynamo got back into the game and almost got a point from this game after great performance in second half.

Match Highlights:
[video=youtube;ZgrnG5HBpJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgrnG5HBpJo&feature=g-upl&context=G25f05d1AUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

Serie A (fixture 8)View attachment 218818Despite playing majority of the game with 10 men after Maicon's dismissal, Inter dominated the game and scored goals for fun against Cagliari. Alberto Paloschi looks unstoppable at this form and he created two goals as well as scoring two poacher's goals. Two lacks of concentration made us give away sloppy goals, but very comfortable win indeed.

Serie A (fixture 9)
View attachment 218819We finished the October month with 100% record with this well-fought, difficult win against Chievo away. It was that man again, Alberto Paloschi who stole the show with two typical goals to win the game for us. He probably has been our most impressive player this term so far, but picked up a small knock towards end of the game and looks like will be out for next couple of games.

October 2013 results:
View attachment 218822

Serie A table so far:

View attachment 218823

Last edited:
Italy appoint Roberto Baggio as manager

View attachment 218889

Roberto Baggio has accepted o replace Cesare Prandelli after he resigned following Italy's failure to reach World Cup Finals. Italy lost play-off game 6-2 on aggregate against England and Italian FA acted quickly to bring in new manager.

Many predicting Baggio will mainly focus on younger talents and replacing many of the current players like he did in Inter Milan. He will still continue his role as Inter manager along with his new role as national team's manager.

View attachment 218890

good luck with italy mate been ages since i posted on your story are you still inter as well as italy

November 2013

Serie A (fixture 10)View attachment 218994Two scrappy goals in this quite dull game gave us that all important three points against tough opposition. Luca Caldirola seem to forget that he is a defender sometimes as he once again finds himself in scoresheet. Another Italian talent Andrea Poli scored his first goal of the season with lucky deflection.

Champions League (Group Stage fixture 4)View attachment 218995Roller Coaster type of game as first horrible own goal by Julio Cesar has put us on the back foot, but very quickly Inter turned around the game with goals from Ranocchia and Leandro Damiao just before the half time. Second half was completely dominated by Ukrainians, but Damiao doubled our lead with quick counter attack before Ideye scored for the hosts in late surge, however we managed to hold on to qualify for the next round.

Serie A (fixture 11)View attachment 218998That is an excellent result by Roberto Baggio's team against one of the strongest teams to play against away from home. Diego Milito had a rare starting place and quickly justified it with well taken goal. Damiao continued his recent fine form with another goal after the break, Rolando Bianchi did get one back for Udinese, but we were always in control and killed of the game after Pinzi scored an own goal just minutes before the full time whistle.

Match Highlights:
[video=youtube;nlAYRLF0IPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlAYRLF0IPw&list=UUXW9VLyfTe_rJhAixFTRkqA& index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

Serie A (fixture 12)View attachment 219001This game against Sampdoria turned out to be much tougher than I thought, but in our defence Roberto Baggio named seven Italian players in starting line-up including youngsters Antonelli Dolcetti and Lido Barbuti. Win is a win and winning games without playing well is sign of a champion, or at least I hope it is...

Champions Legue (Group Stage fixture 5)
View attachment 219003Inter's winning run comes to end after ten games with this surprising result from Denmark. Despite already qualifying to the next round we played with main team which makes this defeat inexcusable. Only positives were the two beatiful goals from Keko and Leandro Damiao, hats off to Kobenhavn though.

Serie A (fixture 13)View attachment 219004Roberto Baggio continues to win games and racking up points in Serie A. This time we comfortably defeated great Roma side, Alberto Paloschi celebrated his return from injury with a goal while Andrea Ranocchia continued recent scoring run by our defenders. That is five win out of five for Baggio against Roma since he became a manager of Inter Milan.

November 2013 results:View attachment 219006

Serie A table so far:
View attachment 219007

Last edited:
December 2013

Serie A (fixture 14)View attachment 219100Same nuber of points, same number of wins, both equally impressive so far this season, this was one of the biggest game of the year and Roberto Baggio must be delighted to win Derby Della Madonnina. It was a tight, well-fought game and one great movement from Inter and goal from Leanardo Damiao has decided the game in our favour.

Champions League (Group Stage, final fixture)View attachment 219106Draw would guarantee us the top spot in the group, so we gave some of our younger players opportunity to show themselves, including Matteo Solini. Goals galore as Paloschi, Keko and Solini have added to Damiao's great hat-trick.

Match Highlights:
[video=youtube;kuoVtfO2pto]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuoVtfO2pto&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Serie A (fixture 15)
View attachment 219107Like the Milan derby, this game was tight and carefully controlled by both teams, but this time round Juventus were the luckier side and has won the game to take all three points. We hate losing games against Juventus and this will definitely hurt our plaers. Good goal by Milos Krasic.

Serie A (fixture 16)View attachment 219108Back to winning ways with great performance to go with it. Dominated the game and took our opportunities with goals from wingers Keko and Ricky Alvarez and the striker Luc Castaignos.

Friendly matchView attachment 219109We had to play friendly game to finsih of the year as part of terms for the transfer of Tarek Taider from Koln. Roberto Baggio gave opportunities for many reserve and Under 20's players and they performed well. Game itself was quite entertaining and taider has scored great goal against his former team. Koln responded with a goal from their star player Mark Uth.

December 2013 results:View attachment 219110

Serie A table so far:
View attachment 219111

2013-2014 Champions League Group Stage final standings:
View attachment 219112 View attachment 219112

Last edited:
U mean in my last season? yeah well it was really smooth ride until the final

2012-13. Sorry, was catching up and, of course, the comment ended up being placed at the end (well away from the original post)!