Balanced 4123 by Veez (13.2.2)

• Thread starter Thread starter veez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 10K
great win aganst liverpool!

View attachment 302526

played standard until 2-0 up, then went counter, changed wingers to attack duty and focused passing down wings.

one or two more test games and i will post this one in the OP

are the 3 shouts on the OP the up to date ones to use?

Can you explain more about the shouts on what type of situations you should be looking out for, so you can decide which one to choose?

are the 3 shouts on the OP the up to date ones to use?

Can you explain more about the shouts on what type of situations you should be looking out for, so you can decide which one to choose?

are you using the 4123?

when attacking i go with , pass into space and look for overlap (use get ball forward, get stuck in and hassle opponents when chasing a result)

when you want to control a game, reduce mentality to standard or counter and employ retain posession, pass to feet, work ball into box play narrower (you can also use these shouts when playing very defensive teams that you have difficulty penetrating when playing attack)

for counter use counter or defensive mentality. use exploit flanks, play wider, get ball forward

at the request of a friend, ive gone back to try and make the 4123 work for smaller teams in my swansea save. i'll resume testing for the 41221 later.

made a few changes to the tactic, based on what was working for me with the 41221, and payed off in the first game:

View attachment 302551

if anyone wants to help me test this let me know and ill post it

i also try with my swansea save
in my opinion, i like corner instruction from 4123, when williams attack near post and chico near flick on
when i use corner instruction from 41221, michu cannot convert, i have to play graham in that position, and britton can't convert his flick on

i also try with my swansea save
in my opinion, i like corner instruction from 4123, when williams attack near post and chico near flick on
when i use corner instruction from 41221, michu cannot convert, i have to play graham in that position, and britton can't convert his flick on

and how about in terms of defensive and offensive play? which one do you prefer?

in my opinion
defensively, more or less the same, i getting killed by fast striker with through balls, chico and williams can't keep up with their pace, i think i need faster defender :D , but i feel 41221 more solid from defending corner set piece
offensively, i prefer 4123 because both cm and df swap places, so man marked defender is forced to go at the wrong side, but because df swap places, i can't use pablo effectively because he only familiar on right side :D i have to use routledge and dyer, for lower team, i think it's hard to get forward that familiar with both sides that's why this setting not as effective as, let's say, liverpool or barca, but i feel 4123 more solid from attacking corner set piece, sometimes chico make surprise goals :D

Last edited:
in my opinion
defensively, more or less the same, i getting killed by fast striker with through balls, chico and williams can't keep up with their pace, i think i need faster defender :D , but i feel 41221 more solid from defending corner set piece
offensively, i prefer 4123 because both cm and df swap places, so man marked defender is forced to go at the wrong side, but because df swap places, i can't use pablo effectively because he only familiar on right side :D i have to use routledge and dyer, for lower team, i think it's hard to get forward that familiar with both sides that's why this setting not as effective as, let's say, liverpool or barca, but i feel 4123 more solid from attacking corner set piece, sometimes chico make surprise goals :D

yeah i definately agree with you

ive tried many different things, but i dont think the 4123 will work for smaller teams

testig it with Liverpool now, i'll let you know how i feel about the tactic ;-)

im going to start a new season too, im gonna put swansea on hold as it seems the 4123 isnt as successful with weaker teams. im gonna try and go for a mid table team now probably and see how it fares

if you want to try this for a lower league, i suggest the new version im working on for smaller teams:

View attachment 302497

the concept is the same. i created this for my swansea save, as i came to the conclusion that the 4123 only works for bigger teams with gifted players.

the football played is actually very good, and it has produced some good results. im going to test it further and then post it in the OP
Thanks! but what kind of training and MP? thanks

fckin ****! southampton have an awesome team! first time i took a real good look at it. and it has some players that might fit the 4123 very well. gonnna give it a try!

Back