Bale to see out contract at Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 4K
When he hit his best form last year Spurs jumped to get him to sign an extension to his contract at the right time. He seems like an honest lad and does not look like he has had his head turned by the interest of the bigger clubs so hopefully he will stick to his word. Might be the fact Harry has put alot of trust in him and he will repay that. If the situation changes at Tottenham and we start going backwards then he could well look to move to to a bigger club.

Last edited:
When he hit his best form last year Spurs jumped to get him to sign an extension to his contract at the right time. He seems like an honest lad and does not look like he has had his head turned by the interest of the bigger clubs so hopefully he will stick to his word. Might be the fact Harry has put alot of trust in him and he will repay that. If the situation changes at Tottenham and we start going backwards then he could well look to move to to a bigger club.
this is very true. i think he would very much like to stay at spurs, but spurs cannot fall back if they want to keep him, he knows now that he can play at the highest level, and there are plenty of huge clubs who would want him

Let's hope he upholds this: Spurs made him, and he's loyal to the club. Good lad.

I wouldn't say they made him as before the second half of last year all the managers made him an outcast . Personally i think he will replace giggs but it could be a berbatov saga all over again.

I actually do hope he stays at Tottenham. If he stays loyal, and plays the way he does now, he will be a legend for that team. He's brilliant, I absolutely love to watch him play, worth the money if I even would go to London and couldn't get any Arsenal tickets. :P

I wouldn't say they made him as before the second half of last year all the managers made him an outcast . Personally i think he will replace giggs but it could be a berbatov saga all over again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, United cannot afford him.

Your not as much of an attractive team to go to as you used to be.

Bale is going nowhere and I dont think Levy would ever want to sell to United again after Berbatov

Bale is going nowhere and I dont think Levy would ever want to sell to United again after Berbatov

Really man utd cannot afford, how did you work that one out. I think the fact man utd were the second biggest spenders in the summer and rooney's new contract proves we have money.

Cj don't be fooled by Levy. He is a very clever man and he eeked out every penny he could for Berbatov over United considering he had his head turned by them and went on strike.

I thought he would to be honest, the only team i could see him joining in Man Utd but by the looks of it they haven't got the cash anyway.

keep on topic dont really think we need to start another thread about how giggs didnt play for england

He was never able to anyway...
Anyway, to be honest I think he is good, but overrated - yes his current form is great, but he not exactly worth £30M to be honest. He could be but to find that out we'll have to wait and see.

He was never able to anyway...
Anyway, to be honest I think he is good, but overrated - yes his current form is great, but he not exactly worth £30M to be honest. He could be but to find that out we'll have to wait and see.
well harry said that he would if ever selling bale look for over £40m

If he sees out his contract teams will pick him up for free.

Win win.

Come and play with Lucas :wub:

well harry said that he would if ever selling bale look for over £40m

you realise that doesn't make sense?

Anyway, as I said before - Bale is overrated - Yes, he's having a good season, but tbf Rafael and Coleman have shown Benitez how to deal with him, and he just didn't pass that on to 32 year old Maicon. Until he starts to consistently impress in the PL, he isn't worth anything near £40m - Which is £10m more than Barca eventually offered for Cesc. oO)

Seems like optajoe is bitter. Haha. How many of those 102 players have more assists than him in the CL?

Uh, no OptaJoe just puts up stats, what has he got to be bitter about? And obviously not many, but that's irrelevant to the stat. The fact is he hasn't made a single goal in the PL. In how many matches? Also, how many assists DOES he have in the CL? Two?

Anyway, as I said before - Bale is overrated - Yes, he's having a good season, but tbf Rafael and Coleman have shown Benitez how to deal with him, and he just didn't pass that on to 32 year old Maicon. Until he starts to consistently impress in the PL, he isn't worth anything near £40m - Which is £10m more than Barca eventually offered for Cesc. oO)
my bad, Well Harry Redknap said that he wouldnt accept anythung under 40m, take it up with Redknap not me.

Maicon is 29 and very quick, he is the best right back in the world and Bale has made a mug out of him twice.

I'm not supridsed he didn't do much against Untied or Everton, you could see against Everton he was shattered and shouldnt have been on the pitch as with Untied.

Honestly though, he doesnt have any assists given to his name, but what he does is cross it to Crouchie then he nocks it down and VDV scores.

When defoe comes back, we'll see how many assists he gets.

Last edited:
Maicon is 29 and very quick, he is the best right back in the world and Bale has made a mug out of him twice.

I'm not supridsed he didn't do much against Untied or Everton, you could see against Everton he was shattered and shouldnt have been on the pitch as with Untied.

Honestly though, he doesnt have any assists given to his name, but what he does is cross it to Crouchie then he nocks it down and VDV scores.

Bale has been much improved don't get me wrong and i remember him giving us the run around towards the end of last season at the lane so its not just been this season. But Everton showed if you double up against him he can be kept quiet, Inter came to the Lane to attack and didn't bother doubling up on Bale but in the PL teams will double up against him so it will take him a little while to adapt to this.

OFF TOPIC BUT THIS IS MY 5,000TH POST HAHA WHAT A MILESTONE, WITH AN INFRACTION RATIO OF EVERY 227 POSTS, STAT OF THE NIGHT WITHOUT A DOUT.

My bad on the age front. But he's not the best RB in the world! Dani Alves for one is better than him, think Ivanovic is brilliant too. Anyway, not the point...

To be fair, I don't really get how he can not be fit for one game, then 3 days later be 100% doesn't really make sense, and Rafael just had him in his pocket all game..

RE: Crossing + assisting: It makes it a little bit easier when the target is 6'7" - Walcott could find Crouchie's head.

Back