Bale to see out contract at Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 4K
Why, im just saying i have seen more of Malouda so maybe its unfair for me to say who has been the best.

In which case, that's uncommonly decent of you. My apologies, I thought you meant something else.

Bale = Best left winger?

Have you guys forgotten about Ronaldo now then?

Have you forgotten what Position Ronaldo plays now then?

The same position as Bale.

Ronaldo>Bale=Bale is not the best left-winger in the world, nor is Malouda.

You know what, I take back what I said about Bale, he really does rip Maicon throughout this match lol.

Good to hear. Whether or not it's actually true is another matter entirely.

No doubt he's a good player,talented guy with a repertoire of skills.Well he claims he is loyal and i have no reason not to believe him.But when he gets older,closer to his best,more big clubs will be offering huge salaries and prestige that most players cannot resist.I still believe once a big offer comes and as he matures,it will be a waste just to stick in Tottenham...unable to fully embrace his talent and win big trophies.

If he does this it would be great, once he is 25 he will be in his prime and the time will be ripe for him to move, Good lad

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

As I have said sure Bale is a great player but his performance has been overrated, if Maicon had had a decent game Bale would surely have had a tougher time but Maicon probably had the worst game of his life and thats why Bale dominatyed the left-flank, he is a good player but stop overrating his performance saying he is the best left winger in the world atm

Yeah, I agree he has been performing very well but I do think he is hyped up a lot.
I think it is a case of him being British and playing for a team that has traditionally been average but is now breaking through.

Good for him and Spurs if he stays at Spurs but we will see, many players have said this in the past just to move to other clubs the next season.

Hope he stays at Spurs for his entire career. Bale you legend :wub:

I would love to see some honesty and Loyalty in modern day players, but tbh, i dont think he will stay at Spurs for the entire contract period. But it all depends on how spurs performs in both Champions league and League.

OH shat appp,he is very good and can become best left winger in the world,in my fm game he can be DL,WBL,ML,AML,and for sometimes ST so he is real good player,if you want to compare him with another player he just 21 years old he still young and you can see his perfect year in 2014-2015,OKAY!!!!(im BALE lover so im getting too angry,sorry)one question why you compare BALE with C.RONALDO and MALOUDA??

Last edited:
You're always going to get bias views when it comes down to there players being the 'best' but to be honest, Bale is not the best in the word. Him and Malouda are probably on the same level right about now, both performing to there best, or could be more to come.

But the best left winger in the world currently is Ronaldo, no doubt about it. If you argue with this one then hat one brain cell in your head must be lonely.

If he does this it would be great, once he is 25 he will be in his prime and the time will be ripe for him to move, Good lad

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

As I have said sure Bale is a great player but his performance has been overrated, if Maicon had had a decent game Bale would surely have had a tougher time but Maicon probably had the worst game of his life and thats why Bale dominatyed the left-flank, he is a good player but stop overrating his performance saying he is the best left winger in the world atm

Well, Bale hasn't done it once. He's done it twice. So which of the games was Maicon's worst?

Bale is good, but he still has to do this against Premier League teams, such as oh I don't know... Everton? Playing fantastically in CL won't help if you're not there next year.

OH shat appp,he is very good and can become best left winger in the world,in my fm game he can be DL,WBL,ML,AML,and for sometimes ST so he is real good player,if you want to compare him with another player he just 21 years old he still young and you can see his perfect year in 2014-2015,OKAY!!!!(im BALE lover so im getting too angry,sorry)one question why you compare BALE with C.RONALDO and MALOUDA??

TBF we are not talking about the game and Ronaldo is better. We are comparing Bale with Flo and Ronaldo because all of them have been playing at the same position this year.
You are the same person who asked who's Gibson in the other thread some UTD fan you are.

Uh, no OptaJoe just puts up stats, what has he got to be bitter about? And obviously not many, but that's irrelevant to the stat. The fact is he hasn't made a single goal in the PL. In how many matches? Also, how many assists DOES he have in the CL? Two?

Well if you include the two qualifying games before the group stage he actually has six assists and four goals. Not bad for someone who is making his debut in the CL. When teams like Manchester United and now rumours that Barcelona have shown a interest in him then it cant be just hype when two of the biggest teams see his potential.

Stats can be twisted to suit an arguments perspective as proved above. He is still young and has the potential to be even better. If teams do double up on him then if he is good enough he will learn to deal with it.

Why the **** are people comparing him to Ronaldo and co when the thread is actually about him staying to the end of his contract. Its not about who is best in the world.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

And as for being over hyped then the worlds press must be wrong as well.

Gazzetta dello Sport (Italy)

Inter fell apart in front of a great Tottenham, admiring the abundance of talent and the athletic force of Gareth Bale and paying for the space they gave him. The Welshman simply started where he had left off at San Siro, making asphalt of Maicon, who is not exactly the worst full-back in the world. Bale went past him in a thousand different ways, and then delivered his crosses, which always landed on Crouch's head. The two last goals came from his assists and he dominated the left flank, destroying Maicon.

La Repubblica (Italy)

And so the lessons from the first game had not been learned. Then, in Milan, Gareth Bale had ruled down the flank and scored three goals, but an antidote had not been found. This time he did not score but instead he produced a series of runs, first taking on Biabiany, then Maicon, who were literally trampled upon.

El Mundo (Spain)

There can be few players faster than him with the ball at his feet. Tottenham have a cyclone on the left wing whose name is Gareth Bale. It was a memorable exhibition of speed and magnificent assists. Bale is bashing on the door of Europe's great clubs. It's years since someone knocked the ball so far in front of himself and ran after it like Bale does. Bale combines the height and build of an 800-metre runner like Steve Ovett with the acceleration and directness of a rugby winger like Bryan Habana. And, when he gets to the byline, he delivers curling crosses like a Brazilian.
Big words? Yes, but that's what Bale is like - easily the greatest sensation in the opening month and a half of the Champions League. Ask Maicon what he thinks after the two exhibitions Bale turned in against Inter. Yesterday he left Maicon for dead and then a wily old fox like Lúcio was left in his wake like someone trying to follow the vaportrail of an aeroplane. Three goals and two assists - against the European champions. His performances have been stunning.

Marca (Spain)

A magical Bale ascends to White Hart Lane heaven. Spurs were led by a galáctico called Bale. He galloped up the wing and laid goals on a plate.

L'equipe (France)

He was absolutely brilliant … he devoured Maicon.

Le Progres (France)

Supersonic raids down the left … extremely fast and deft with the ball at his feet, he continually humiliated Maicon."

Kicker (Germany)

Inter's right-back Maicon was up against the towering Bale - who hit a flawless hat-trick in the game in Milan - and was hopelessly stretched. The Welshman ran past the Brazilian international with ease time after time.

Blick (Switzerland)

Samuel Eto'o pulled one back with 10 minutes to go but Inter simply could not find an answer to the rampaging Bale. The Welshman again ran past Maicon to supply the cross for Spurs to make it 3-1.

Voetbal International (Netherlands)

Tottenham Hotspur have a gold mine in Gareth Bale. The left winger has finally broken through this season and suddenly the question is whether Tottenham can afford to keep him? In the past few months, the Welshman has been linked with moves to Barcelona, Inter, Manchester United, Milan and Real Madrid, but whoever buys him, it will be expensive.

Aftonbladet (Sweden)

The young Welshman crushed, tortured, humiliated and toyed with Maicon, one of the best right-backs in the world. He ran like Alberto Juantorena, the Cuban who won 400m and 800m in the Olympics: when everyone thought he was tired, Bale just smiled and started another sprint. Bale simply hit the ball outside Maicon and ran past him. Time and time again, despite the fact that Maicon knew what was coming. And in the end Bale was so superior that he just hit the ball 20 metres and ran – with no Inter defender able to keep up.

Last edited:
Back