BaP: From Non-League to- uh, well, wherever the game takes you, I guess...

Bah, at least Dynamite got called up I suppose! Hopefully get a move to better standard than Croatian second division now

As I have the editor data for this, I have decided to add all the players to a fantasy team called Liverpool Town in the Conference North. I'm gonna play this save for the bants and see what happens.

Finally Batheron is being recognised, I love going to Stoke as my players always do well there. Not to worried by only being a rotational first-teamer as at least I am getting game time. Interesting to note that over the last 3 seasons Batheron has been an FA Cup Winner, League Cup Winner and Runner Up in the Champions League, plus got my first International Cap. :)

View attachment 245509Season 8 update, part 2
Cian Farrell
Cian has struggled to fight his way into the starting 11 at Rotherham, and this year was no different. 6 starts and 5 sub appearences was all he managed to convince the manager to give him, despite scoring an impressive 6 goals in those appearances. In the reserves his 14 goals in 20 games should really merit more first team football. Rotherham ended 14th in the league, and struggled to score enough, I think we all know what the solution would be! Cian might have to force a transfer this summer if nothing changes.

Samwise Gamgee:
Samwise had another fantastic year for Everton, playing 42 games, collecting a record high 17 yellow cards, and achieving an avg. rating of 7.68 is nothing less than impressive. He added a FA-cup title to his cabinet, and together with Doug Carmichael, he helped Everton to a record high 3rd place in the league. Samwise has made 25 caps for England and is one of the safest bets to attend the World Cup this summer. But that might not be all he'll be doing this summer, as Chelsea are very interested in the solid left back.

Stephen Gilliland:
Stephen had a good year for Newcastle, playing 48 games with an avg. rating of 7.02. This was despite Newcastle having an annus horribilis. They started off well, winning the UEFA Super Cup vs Schalke. But from then on it went downhill. Despite a 1-0 win over Chelsea, in the final gameweek, they were relegated in 18th place as Norwich also won at home. Stephen is now unhappy and wants away from the club after the relegation, so we might well see some action for the Northern Irishman this summer.

James Hall:
James had another solid year for Wigan, playing 45 games in the centre of the park, scoring 6 goals. He lead Wigan to a solid 7th place in the Championship, and is an established Northern Ireland international with his 26 caps. There may well be questions asked if he is not too good for the Championship, and interest from Premiership clubs such as West Ham, Huddersfield and Southampton could mean that he'll be playing at the top level next season.

Matthew Harrison:
Matthew has gotten to a good home in Bristol City after last summers free transfer. He started 21 games, this season, but could only register 2 assists. Bristol City placed a respectable 12th in the Championship, and Matthew is now considered a first team player. We should be seeing even more first team football from him next season. His new spring at Bristol also lead to his first international call up, and his first game for Ireland vs Estonia. With the World Cup looming, perhaps a spot in the squad could be a possibility for the Irish winger.

Jeroen Heubach:
Jeroen made his move back to his home country, Holland, last summer. That proved to be a great move for him, as he impressed for league champions Ajax, playing 39 games and contributing 12 assists. This has lead to the media feeling he deserves a Holland call up. Could Jeroen be a wild card for making his debut at the World Cup? No matter what, he will be playing Champions League football next season as a first team player for Ajax.

Nick Hilderink:
Like his countryman Jeroen, Nick has played himself into the starting 11 of one of Holland's top clubs. He started 34 games for PSV last season, scoring an impressive 10 goals from an attacking midfield position. PSV ended the season as runners up, but a massive 20 points behind runaway winners Ajax. They also lost in the final of the KNVB Beker to FC Twente. However, unlike Jeroen, Nick impressed Dutch coach Ron Elsen enough to get his first call-up and his first game, vs Ivory Coast, and looks likely to make the World Cup squad.

Kenny Illtyd:
Kenny is another example of how moving to a big club might not always be the best plan. He has had a season of rotational play for Chelsea, starting 17 games and coming on as a sub 24 times. In that time, he's managed an impressive 15 goals, so he's still got that scoring touch. His spell at Chelsea has perhaps lead to him losing his lethal touch at an international level as well, scoring only 2 goals in 8 Wales games. However, there is no doubt that Kenny will be present in Qatar for the 2022 World Cup.

Michael Jackson:
Michael has had another solid year for Nottingham Forest in the Championship. He started 36 games in total, and set up 5 goals for his teammates. Forest ended the season in 10th, failing at achieving promotion. Michael has continued his good form for Wales, and has made the right back his own for his country. Unless something serious happens, Michael should join Kenny and Edgar for this summer's World Cup.

Jamie Johnson:
Jamie is an example of how a big transfer, followed by an even bigger transfer, can actually work out. He's become a key player for Man City, and started 45 games this season. Despite being used both as a central midfielder and as a striker, he scored an impressive 21 goals as well. At the end of the season, he lifted the Premier League trophy, as Man City were crowned champions ahead of Chelsea and Everton (who beat rivals Liverpool by a single point). Jamie was also shortlisted for African Young Player of the Year. For Ghana, he kept up his impressive scoring form and bagged 4 goals in 5 games. He'll be another heading for Qatar this summer.

Sean Keaney:
Sean had a much improved year for Sheffield Wednesday, and was their most consistent performer. He started an impressive total of 51 games, which includes starts in all 46 Championship games. An impressive 8 league goals from the left wing helped Wednesday to a 4th place finish. Unfortunately, they could not get past Middlesbrough in the playoffs, and failed to win promotion. Sean is now considered a key player for his club, and has seen interest from Premier League club Swansea of late. We might see PL-football next year after all for the Englishman.

I'll try to get the rest done tonight! Hope for your patience :)
In the meanwhile, here are the stats!

Last edited:
Amunt Valencia! <3
By the stats screenshots, it looks like it was a nice year for Edgar and the move to Valencia was the right choice (47 matches, 20 goals and 8 assists... impressive stats).
Hopefully those numbers will have helped Valencia to achieve something great this year. ^^

.P.S.: Wales in the World Cup? That's not impressive... But epic beyond words, they made it back to a World Cup after a 64 years dry spell.

39 games, 21 goal and a 6.88 avg rating!! If only I could get that average rating more goals will flow and I might get a shout at England call up!

A very good solid season for me. Would be nice if a prem team came in for me. Only if they start me though!

Pedersen finally getting some gametime for Man U, 32 games and 16 goals, could be better

Not to be that guy, but when's the last playerupdate comming? Can't wait to see how Pedersen has been doing, besides what I can see from the screenshot :)

No worries Hansie! I've just had a busy weekend, I'll get the last update done tonight.

View attachment 244133
Season 8 update, final part
Shane Lenham:
Shane's move to Nottingham Forest has been a successful one. He started 37 games this season, scoring 12 goals. It is surprising to see him playing that many matches, considering he struggled to get game-time at Southend in League 1 last year, so a much improved season for the Englishman. Forest finished in a respectable 10th place, and should look to build on that next season with Shane as one of their key performers.

Charley Mason:
Charley finally made his breakthrough at Wigan. Their relegation to the Championship was a blessing for the English winger, as he grabbed a starting spot, starting all 46 league games, scoring 4 goals. Wigan ended the season in 7th place, and should be able to fight for promotion spots next year. Charley is now considered a key player for Wigan, and should play a big part in their promotion race.

Jean-Michel Masson:
Jean-Michel finally made his move away from Juventus, to Serie A rivals Lazio. His move meant more chances in the first 11, but not by much. He only started 2 games, conceding 1 goal. Lazio had a horrible season, not helped by aging keeper Etrit Berisha's 47 conceded goals in 36 games. Surprisingly, Lazio were dead last, and a relegation to Serie B may well be what Jean-Michel has been looking for. First choice keeper Berisha looks set to be sold, so Masson may well be starting a lot of games in the Serie B next year.

Jesus Matta-Garcia:
Jesus keeps struggling with his team choices. His move to Holland, and NEC has proven not to be a perfect fit. He only played 5 games last season, as NEC finished a disappointing 15th. The American, with an impressive 50 U20-games to his name, is considered a rotation option, but should hope for more rotation next year if NEC is the place to stay.

Edgar Neubauer:
Edgar made his big move to the Liga BBVA, when Valencia paid the big bucks for the talented Welshman. He did not disappoint, scoring in half his games, as he clocked up 20 goals in 40 starts in his first year. In a very tight season, Valencia's 78 points was only enough for 4th, as Real Madrid (84), Villareal (83) and Atletico Madrid (81) grabbed the medals. Still, Champions League football next season is not a bad prospect for Edgar, who still has a World Cup to attend to this summer.

Dan Newton:
Dan had a good year last season, but after Watford's promotion, he struggled to keep his spot in the team. Dan only got 4 starts and 4 sub appearances, and failed to score a goal. His reserve team performances shows that he is still a lethal finisher though, as he bagged 32 goals in 32 starts, winning top goalscorer of the u21-league in the process. Questions have to be asked of the judgement of Tony Pulis, who lead Watford to another relegation, coming dead last, and only scoring 43 goals, the least in the Premiership. Dan should get more chances next season.

Kelenna Olujawon:
Kelenna had another solid year at Rennes, starting 37 games and scoring 9 goals. Rennes finished 9th, ahead of Marseille, but no European football next year for the Nigerian. Kelenna has established himself as a starter for his country, and has now made 12 caps for Nigeria. Unfortunately, Nigeria surprisingly failed to qualify for the 2022 World Cup, so Kelenna will be looking at a long summer holiday at the beach instead of spent playing football.

Tom O'Neill:
Tom made the move down a divison to relegated Crystal Palace, and that proved to be a good move for the Irishman. He started 39 games for Palace, scoring 16 goals. Disappointingly, his team was not up to par, as they finished 8th, failing to win promotion straight back to the Premier League. Tom has kept an impressive record for Ireland, scoring 14 goals in 19 games, and will play a big part when the Irish are back in the big-time in Qatar this summer.

Telstar Oper:
Telstar was bought by West Brom last summer, and it seems that he was intended as backup for main striker Tommy Chong. The Estonian only started 12 games in total, but also made 19 sub appearances, scoring 7 goals. At the moment, Telstar is stuck behind Chong and Saido Berahino in the pecking order, but if a move comes for either of them this summer, Telstar will surely grab his opportunity with both hands.

Hans Christian Pedersen:
It was a much better year for the great Dane, as he fought his way into the starting lineup at Old Trafford. He only started 22 games, and made 10 sub appearances, but scored an impressive 16 goals in the process. If you add 8 goals in 9 starts for Denmark into that, this has been a very successful year for Hans Christian. As a reigning champion, this summer will be very exciting for him, and Denmark, as they look to retain their World Cup title in Qatar.

Will Robbo:
Will kept up his progress for Bradford this year, building on the previous successful year, he definitely improved his performances for League 1 3rd place finishers Bradford. Will scored 21 goals in 44 starts and is considered a key player for the Yorkshire club. Unfortunately, Bradford's promotion hopes were destroyed by rivals York, as a 3rd place finish proved not enough to win Championship status. But we will probably see Bradford fighting it out for promotion places next season, with Robbo leading the line.

James Scott:
James continues to play a big part for Ipswich, in their battle to keep their spot in the Championship. This year's 19th place finish ensured another year in the second highest tier of English Football for the Tractor Boys. James started 39 games, scoring an impressive 21 goals this season, which played a big part in Ipswich's 71 goals scored, only 6 less than champions Aston Villa. If they can sort out their defence, they may well climb several places next season.

Daniel Sheahan:
Daniel spent the season on loan at Oldham in League 1. He made 34 starts, but only managed to find the net 9 times. Oldham placed a decent 10th, but far away from the playoff spots. Next season could very well be a make or break season for the Irishman, who only has 2 years remaining on his Newcastle contract. There is an opportunity to impress this summer, however, as Daniel looks likely to join Ireland at the World Cup. And if he adds to his 3 goals in 3 caps, maybe some doors will open for the young striker.

Dwight Shrute:
Dwight moved from being a starter at Lille for the last 4 seasons, to being a backup player at Man City this season. He started 4 games and made 4 sub appearances, failing to impress. His impressive performances last season did, however, name him runner up in the CONCACAF player of the year, behind now-Jamaican Andre Wisdom. Dwight may well be looking at a better year next season, as his squad status has been upgraded to first team, so next season may well look better for the American. On an international level, the USA somehow failed to get through the CONCACAF qualifiers, being beaten in the group by Jamaica and Costa Rica, and will not be attending the 2022 World Cup.

Alexandre Skromov:
After last year's breakout season, expectations were high for this season for the Brazilian. Howver, Alexandre had one of those difficult second seasons, starting 27 games for his Toulouse, but only netting 5 times. This probably has to do with him being moved to a central midfield position. It was a great year for Toulouse though, as they grabbed 2nd spot in Ligue 1, meaning CL football next year for mr. Skromov. He also achieved any footballer's dream, getting to play for Brazil, as he made his international debut against Slovakia. It does, unfortunately, seem like he will not be picked for this summer's World Cup.

Dafydd Southgate:
Dafydd continues to struggle to fight his way into the Stoke lineup. This season meant 5 starts, 7 sub appearances and 3 goals for the Welshman. His contract at Stoke is up in July, and we will probably see Dafydd plying his trade in a different shirt next season. His lack of appearances will probably make it difficult to get picked for Wales to the World Cup, so Dafydd will have to find some other arena to impress possible suitors.

Shane Tracz:
Shane made his way into the Sheffield Wednesday lineup a lot more this season, starting 16 games, making 17 sub appearances and scoring 3 goals. He has been converted to play left wing, and it was mainly in the midfield that he got starts this year. Together with Sean Keaney, Shane helped Wednesday to an impressive 4th place Championship finish, but they failed to win promotion in the playoffs, losing to Middlesbrough.

Simon Vaughan:
Simon keeps fighting for a starting spot at Villareal, and made 20 starts and 15 sub appearances this season, a big improvement from last year. If we add an impressive 11 goals and 6 assists to that, then the winger has hat somewhat of a breakout season. Considering the Australian did that for a Villareal side that came runners up in the league, only beaten by a single point by Real Madrid, then his performances look even better. There will be no time for Simon to rest on his laurels, however, as he'll join the Aussies that head to Qatar this summer.

Adam Verstraeten:
Adam had another solid year for Avellino in the Serie A. He started 35 games, scored 4 goals and registered 4 assists. The Dutchman helped Avellino to a solid 14th place finish, meaning the small club get to keep their top flight status for another year. Adam has managed to get himself 3 caps for Belgium as well up to this point, but in a star-studded generation of Belgian players, he might struggle to win a spot in the World Cup squad.

Jay Webster:
Jay had another year as a backup-player for Gladbach, starting 9 games, and making 24 sub appearances. That only meant he managed 3 goals and 3 assists, and it is looking ever more likely that Jay should be looking to make a move to a club where he can play a bigger role. His lack of confidence has also lead to him forgetting his shooting boots for Australia, as he only scored 1 goal from 10 starts this season. He will, however, have a chance to redeem that at the World Cup, where he will be joining Simon Vaughan and the other Australians.

Aaron Weight:
Aaron made the "move of dreams" last summer, as he transferred from giants Boreham Wood, to the Galacticos of Mansfield. He did move up from being a backup player in Conference, to being a starter in League 1, so in that sense, it was a good move. Aaron started 43 games in total for Mansfield this season, conceding 54 goals and keeping 10 clean sheets. In all honesty, he did well for a horrible Mansfield side, who saved their spot in League 1, ending 17th. Aaron is now considered a Key Player, and if he can continue developing, we might see him at a higher level in a couple of seasons.

Now for the annoying part! I will be leaving on holiday on Thursday for the next 14 days in China and Japan, and I won't be bringing my computer. So I will have no access to FM! That leaves me (us) with some choices.

1) You'll have to wait for two weeks to get the next update.
2) I've got the save on the 31st of May, and can send it to someone, if someone wants to continue this until I'm back, simulating the World Cup.
3) I've got the save in October, after the World Cup and transfer window, and can post the player screenshots from September, but won't have time to do a write-up of the World Cup. I do have lots of screenshots from it though!

Now for the annoying part! I will be leaving on holiday on Thursday for the next 14 days in China and Japan, and I won't be bringing my computer. So I will have no access to FM! That leaves me (us) with some choices.

1) You'll have to wait for two weeks to get the next update.
2) I've got the save on the 31st of May, and can send it to someone, if someone wants to continue this until I'm back, simulating the World Cup.
3) I've got the save in October, after the World Cup and transfer window, and can post the player screenshots from September, but won't have time to do a write-up of the World Cup. I do have lots of screenshots from it though!

wait till you get back pal, your updates have been top class so far, I go on holiday for 2 weeks soon as well so I'll make do, that's all personal choice for me though everyone may be different

I agree with The Otter, so far the updates have been topclass, and I'll happily wait 14 days :)
Personally this season was great for Pedersen, dissapointed with the fact that we didn't qualify for the CL though

From relegation to Champions League in one year.
Sadly we only could end up being 4th (and having rivals and neighbours Villarreal ahead of us means rubbing salt in the wound), but it was still a good season nevertheless... And we finished ahead of Barça, which is actually impressive.

Valencia és un equip de "Che"mpions*.
Amunt Valencia! <3
(Valencia is a "Che"mpions League team.
Go Valencia! <3)

Now it's time for the Dragons to make a name for themselves in the World Cup, Qatar will be painted red this summer.
Ewch Cymru!! (Go Wales!!)

.P.D.: *Che or Xe: In Spain, che is widely used in Valencia and Terres de l'Ebre, Catalonia (written as xe), as an interjection since ancient times. With the spelling "xe" in Valencian, its main use is to express protest, surprise or exasperation. Che! is one of the symbols of the Valencian identity to the point where, for example the Valencia C.F. is often referred to with the nickname "Che Team".

(Just to clarify the pun made in this post)

Wales 20th in the world? And they say FM is realistic..

*Cough* tenth in the world *Cough*