Barca sign Mascherano

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 140
  • Views Views 7K
So frustrating, everythings just so unclear. I don't have the foggiest idea what formation were going to line up with this year and I sure hope it isn't a 4-4-2. Imagen if Torres gets injured our 2 strikers would be N Gog and Babel, what a disaster. Lucas an Gerrard centre midfield. Oh my god scary times, everyone was looking up aswell.

Prove it.

If you think you've got it bad, you should try N'gog & Kuyt. I'd trade our frenchman for your son of mother russia any day.

If you havn't seen Mascherano perform for LFC & Argentina on a regulary basis, you'll have to take our word for it.

Last edited:
So I guess nobody heard the Raul Meireles story? :S
its been around for a few days, we were discussing it in the transfer rumour thread. good signing, if roy doesnt restrict him that is

“Lionel Messi was also a big influence. He spoke with Pep Guardiola and told him Barcelona needed me.”

*Rolleyes*

Some reports going round that Mascherano has taken €3m from his contract and asked Barcelona to give it to Liverpool.

Mascherano blasts back at Hodgson.

Best of luck. Don't be the next Ibra.

When did Hodgson say he was on strike? I thought that was just what all the press were saying. Every comment from Roy that I saw simply said he choose not to play Mascherano because he thought he would be distracted.

Some reports going round that Mascherano has taken €3m from his contract and asked Barcelona to give it to Liverpool.

Just shows how bad the financial situation is for Liverpool.

When did Hodgson say he was on strike? I thought that was just what all the press were saying. Every comment from Roy that I saw simply said he choose not to play Mascherano because he thought he would be distracted.
There were reports that some senior players were having a go at Masch at training the next day. If(and I only say IF) those are to be believed, I guess there's some truth to him refusing to play or whining about his problems and sulking, hence leading to Hodgson saying that he's "not in the right frame of mind" for the match. But alas, it's all just speculations and such, and it's all in the past.

So, to everyone that doubted who Roy would sign with the money..

is Raul Meireles a bad signing for £11M?..

If Mascherano is worth 17mill...

He hasn't played yet.

Impossible decide whether it's good or bad except on paper.

That's a very stupid question. No-one knows whether he is going to be a bad signing yet :S

Wow, one of the world's best defensive midfielders goes to Barcelona for just over half the money I'd of expected him to have left for.

Roll on Barcelona's dominant season...*sigh*

Back