Barca sign Mascherano

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 140
  • Views Views 7K
Liverpool are re-building not making a push for titles, Etuhu would be a deecent player for when Poulsen is out. And as for defour it would be a gamble for 2 reasons, he hasen't ever played in the PL and he has just come back from a really bad injury.

I know, I never said we were pushing for the title. I've said I'd be happy to finish in the top 7 this season. The sort of gamble we should make, he'd be better than Etuhu that's for sure.

i dont neccesarily think signing Etuhu is the way forward, but i dont think he would be an awful signing either.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

okay buddy, i cant spell and i am slightly if not fully retarded, Nothing new. ;)(K)

It was the right spelling haha <)

Was trying to be a sarcastic ****. Haha.

On topic, I don't think Etuhu would benefit Liverpools team much.

Lucas will be given a lot more playing time, which can only be a good thing for the lad.

so your telling me if you can get etuhu for around 5million you wouldnt take him. just for backup.

People are saying Roy wont bring in the quality Liverpool deserve, but to be fair, Liverpool cant really afford the quality of player that Liverpool deserve at the moment

Roy's determination to prove himself a hypocrite by signing players from his former club?

Hang on a second, Roy hasn't signed anyone from us yet, you may be signing Konchesky but we've got a replacement lined up and were willing to let him go. The Etuhu and Baird rumours are just ludicrous suggestions made by you in this thread.

so your telling me if you can get etuhu for around 5million you wouldnt take him. just for backup.

I wouldn't want him if I was a Pool fan tbh.

They have Lucas, Poulsen, and a couiple younger players in Spearing and Shelvey who could be given some game time. And we all know Woy knows how to make the best out of what he's got.

Waste of 5 million for Etuhu if you ask me. He should spend that on someone other than Konchesky.

I thought Liverpool weren't aloud to buy fulhams players :S are they?

Indeed. However if he had kept playing Roy would have been under the impression he wanted to stay.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Poulsen is nowhere near Mascherano's ability. He couldn't get into the Juve team ahead of Sissoko, who we sold because he wasn't good enough..

Not sure what Jermaine Pennant has to do with anything?

.......... Don't you hope he is here now?

I didn't know him before we signed him. He was playing for Real Soceidad, hardly a well known team

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

that comment well is... better not end the sentence. they where a top 10 side at the time in a major spanish league. Spanish International. European football. Calling Soceidad a hardly known team is like calling Villa a hardly known team.

Certainly not. We don't have 5million to spend 'just for back-up'
Yeah. In fact, we don't have anything to spend 'just for backup'. Masch's transfer money is going to be split 50-50 between Thomson & Thompson. Thus, Roy gets to scrape the bottom of the bargain-bin again. Slim pickings....

Hang on a second, Roy hasn't signed anyone from us yet, you may be signing Konchesky but we've got a replacement lined up and were willing to let him go. The Etuhu and Baird rumours are just ludicrous suggestions made by you in this thread.

Rumours of Zamora also XD

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Certainly not, we signed Lucas who is better and younger for 6 Million..

he wanted to leave last season, he stayed becuase there was an agreement that he could leave the next year. when you add the state of liverpool , plus the leaving of rafa, on top of his family situation, it was a certainty

He's to have his medical this weekend, which takes us very close to the window deadline, and we won't be spending until until we sell him. Fun.

that comment well is... better not end the sentence. they where a top 10 side at the time in a major spanish league. Spanish International. European football. Calling Soceidad a hardly known team is like calling Villa a hardly known team.

Why do you even care? :S

Also Sociedad weren't a top 10 team when Alonso left, they finished in the bottom quarter of the table.

Please stay on topic!

To call Alonso Unknown before you signed him in laughable from a man who was laughing at utd fans called Ronaldo Unknown. Alonso was starting in a La Liga side, playing uefa cup football at the time. it is like calling Marek Hamsik unkown because he isnt english.

What a load of nonsense as usual, he played in the Champions League not the UEFA Cup! He was also a Spanish International as well, but I suppose this was before everyone drooled over them. :)

As a Barca fan, this is immense, Masch, Iniesta, Xavi flanked with Messi and Pedro/Villa is without question the most ridiculous mid I've seen since Beckham/Scholes/Keane/Giggs dominating.

For all those saying 'Rafa would have kept him', I really don't feel he would, Liverpool seems to be a sinking ship, the manager is trying to grab the wheel but it keeps going where it wants to. Not much you can do until you lose Hicks and Gillet I think.

As a Barca fan, this is immense, Masch, Iniesta, Xavi flanked with Messi and Pedro/Villa is without question the most ridiculous mid I've seen since Beckham/Scholes/Keane/Giggs dominating.

For all those saying 'Rafa would have kept him', I really don't feel he would, Liverpool seems to be a sinking ship, the manager is trying to grab the wheel but it keeps going where it wants to. Not much you can do until you lose Hicks and Gillet I think.

No-one has said Rafa would have kept him.

Sounds to me like L'Pool fans are writing off Roy in here before he's really got started. He's signed Poulsen who's a decent DM on the cheap, and he's being forced to sell other people like Mascherano and he's not gonna get much money from that at all. Give Roy a chance, he's worked on a small budget at Fulham and he's done well, of course at Fulham he didn't have idiots selling his players for awfully low prices but that's the way it goes, Roy knew that's the sort of **** he'd probably have to deal with when he signed the contract and he's doing his best.

Baird, Etuhu, Konchesky etc etc may not be 'Liverpool standard' players, but they did the job for Roy at Fulham in a team that reached a European final, who knows, they might do another good job for you if he does sign them.

All I'm saying is give him a chance, we're only just under 3 weeks into the Premier League season so far, give him time. Writing off a man that has many achievements to his name across the footballing world is naive at this current time in my opinion.

Back