Well i didn't do so well with Napoli, so i tried a network game with Barca, had success at the start, but it faded and was losing alot of games, Messi/Bojan weren't doing the business, so i changed the tactics with wingers to fit pedro in & drop Bojan and seem to be having more success, Messi works much better for me as a poacher/trequartista than a Complete forward, but still brilliant tactic and thanks for sharing!

You could do the same tactics with a defensive midfielder and two strikers on the wings coming down?

I just can't get Xavi to make 100 passes, NEVER! :(
I only get like 40-60 passes.
What's wrong? Please help! :(

I just can't get Xavi to make 100 passes, NEVER! :(
I only get like 40-60 passes.
What's wrong? Please help! :(

Well as said, U wont get 100 passes often, so its just bad luck.

Hi, I'm testing out your tactic and am doing okay. However, my *** man reports during the match that the gap between midfield and attack is too big and the supply is going nowhere. Do i give the team more time to adapt or are there a few tweaks to be made?

FC BARcelona composition 2013
V.Valdes/Hart
Dani Alves - Puyol/Barta - Pique - Gabriel Silva
Mascherano/Busquets
Martinez/Xavi - Iniesta/Thiago
Messi -- Rossi -- Villa
Won 2xleague ... 2x champions league 2x super cup 12x match win El Clásico

Hi, I'm trying out your tactic with Dinamo Zagreb. Obviously the amount of passes is lower than it would be with Barca but the possession is still high, and Kruno Ivancic (ST) has been very effective so far(more so than Kramaric, which is a surprise).

Anyway, thanks for the tactic!

p.s. My first post (H)

I can not wait till this Barca tactic comes out as ive started a Barca save and can i hellas like get Xavi too pass more than 30-35times per game?????

Xavi role n duties
View attachment 148743

Barca tactic
View attachment 148744
Where it says overload ive also tried attacking,contian,standard and balanced?????

All help/suggestions will be tried......

And i will be defo downloading retsinnab69 Barca tactic but id just like abit of help until the tactic is upload PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Where did you get that background from? (A)

Really struggling with this at the moment on my Gateshead game.

I'm more often than not having quite possession stats against the opposition, however they always seem to have double the amount of shots that I do, and I'm struggling to score as a result of it.

What tweaks (if any), have people in a similar situation made?

Let Xavi take all the freekicks, corners and throw-ins! counts as a pass too

Hi, I have a question regarding this tactic, which I have been implementing to my FC Twente save (playing a 4-2-3-1 system). I have altered the tactics slightly but playing fairly similarly, my question is my left back danny aogo seems to be having the majority of the passes in the game around 50-60 where as my deep lying playmaker (xavi tactics) will have less around the 40- 30 mark. I was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem, or if one knows how I could fix it.

Thank you.

currently working on my own possession tactic :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...raining/82379-deathslayer%99-raikan007-9.html

never knew this was yours retinshab, you did really well in the tactic testing :) congrats!

I decided to use the old classic system approach, what I did last night though instead of this tactic below is something like this:

Current tactic:
195527d1315986849-deathslayer%99-raikan007-f.c.-barcelona-barcelona_-tactics-.png

New tweaked version (hand drawn pic) both still works in progress: please excuse the drawing:
View attachment 195582

the two wider Amc's have been set to hug touchline and cross/move to byline which actually allows them to move into space out wide and also on defence, drop back immediately from a central position and cut out the passess in the centre (like Barca do IRL)

here are some of the SS/results so far:

Fluminese was my 1st game using it.. as I said, still work in progress and felt like emulating Barca's style ;)

went on holiday for 2 seasons, won the league in the 1st, lost 1:0 to Real in ECL finals, came 2nd in the 2nd season (got to Semi's of Ecl)

195521d1315986685-deathslayer%99-raikan007-barcelona-v-r.-madrid-stats_-match-stats-.png

195520d1315986525-deathslayer%99-raikan007-barcelona-v-r.-madrid-analysis_-analysis-.png

195516d1315986525-deathslayer%99-raikan007-barcelona-v-fluminense-analysis_-analysis-.png

great tactic by the looks of things mate and keep up the fantastic work :)

any comments on the above? I have also taken the winger/strikers top left and right to the Amr and Aml slots but I already have a tactic like that so wanted something different :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-tactics-training/82379-deathslayer%99-raikan007-9.html

never knew this was yours retinshab, you did really well in the tactic testing :) congrats!

I decided to use the old classic system approach, what I did last night though instead of this tactic below is something like this:

Current tactic:
195527d1315986849-deathslayer%99-raikan007-f.c.-barcelona-barcelona_-tactics-.png

New tweaked version (hand drawn pic) both still works in progress: please excuse the drawing:
View attachment 195582

the two wider Amc's have been set to hug touchline and cross/move to byline which actually allows them to move into space out wide and also on defence, drop back immediately from a central position and cut out the passess in the centre (like Barca do IRL)

195521d1315986685-deathslayer%99-raikan007-barcelona-v-r.-madrid-stats_-match-stats-.png

195520d1315986525-deathslayer%99-raikan007-barcelona-v-r.-madrid-analysis_-analysis-.png

195516d1315986525-deathslayer%99-raikan007-barcelona-v-fluminense-analysis_-analysis-.png

any comments on the above? I have also taken the winger/strikers top left and right to the Amr and Aml slots but I already have a tactic like that so wanted something different :)

You should remember that hug the touchline in only with the ball instruction. With wide play move into channels you get them to make runs both towards the touchline and towards the goal. One thing when emulating the barca style, you should use high mentality for defenders and defensive midfielder, so that they wont pass the ball within themselves all the time, but play the game forward to more creative players (Xavi, Iniesta, Messi). You can clearly see from games of Barca that defensive players always find player higher than them (usually Xavi, as he is always available for passes).

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-tactics-training/82379-deathslayer%99-raikan007-9.html

Current tactic:

View attachment 195582

donwload link updated