Barcelona consider Fabregas move

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 118
  • Views Views 6K
Cesc Fabregas has told Arsene Wenger in a face-to-face meeting today that he wants to quit Arsenal and rejoin Barcelona, Goal.com UK can confirm. In a showdown described only as "emotional", the midfielder delivered the bombshell to his mentor.

Shame :S

So who will they bring in?

Wow Messi and Fabregas in the same team. Wouldn't that be great. To bad for Arsenal, but fantastic for Barca!

But that's entirely different! Blanc isn't happy about it and it was the English media that first released the rumours but NOT because Arsene Wenger said "i am interested in this player" - his contract ran out because he wanted to move anywhere else... if anything it's his agent's fault - i don't like this 'tapping up' of players - Milan did it with Flamini, Barca did it with Henry and now Fabregas and Man City do it with EVERYONE!

But as Arsenal fans we shouldnt be blinkered or high and mighty when judging other clubs. we may not do it to the same extent as others but we are not totally innocent. It cant be stopped as its hard to prove legally. He wants to go home, so let him go, but lets put the blame where it lies ie A. Wenger and the board for not buying experience top players to help Cesc win. Hopefully they can learn from these mistakes before all our top players leave

This has been the worst kept secret in football since Ronaldo did one to Madrid. If Wenger had actually spent money in the past and won a few trophies then Fabregas would not be leaving. Wengers fault this has happened.

I dont see how Arsenal fans can pin their hopes on Van Persie either as he has never managed a full season through injuries.

Those quotes were from about a month ago. It even says so in the article.

Been mulling this over, and I feel if we can sell him, and get 3 good players, it could be a good move for us.

the only way this could become a kind of decent deal for arsenal is if they can get yaya toure in part of the deal plus money obviously.

the only way this could become a kind of decent deal for arsenal is if they can get yaya toure in part of the deal plus money obviously.

Arsene didn't want him for £500K after a trial. I doubt he'd go back for him.

Arsene didn't want him for £500K after a trial. I doubt he'd go back for him.

surely that was a while ago, do you think pompey didnt wish they signed drogba when they had the chance for 4million?? do you think burnley didnt wish they gave essien 80quid a week years ago? toure is the kind of player arsenal need.

surely that was a while ago, do you think pompey didnt wish they signed drogba when they had the chance for 4million?? do you think burnley didnt wish they gave essien 80quid a week years ago? toure is the kind of player arsenal need.

But we're talking about Wenger, who, realistically, won't sign anyone who's played for Arsenal before, or won't pay more than £15M for. We won't get Toure or Ibrahimovic, and I wouldn't be surprised if he sold him for £25M.

All this talk of toure who we don't need especially when we have someone like song. Fabregas's role as a captain will be the thing we will miss the most, he has a huge influence on games not just through his technical attributes but the spirit of the team.

I'm sad that he will leave but he's definately worth more than 30 million surely.

why is it crazy he is a great player and great players cost great amounts of money

30m is a small price for Fabregas, and it will be difficult for Wenger to let go of Fabregas.Barca has a dream team, though, I don't think they will complete easily until June 13th a transfer possibly more expensive than Villa's (around 35m£)

Back