Barcelona consider Fabregas move

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 118
  • Views Views 6K
This was always going to happen, it was just a matter of when it would. I don't think being around the Spanish National Team has helped him alot. Seeing as there are a whole lot of Barca players in the squad, probably urging him to join them.

I think if Arsenal can get 30M+ for then it would be a good deal. A cash + player swap (Y.Toure) would be even better. That gives Wenger a nice amount to spend over the summer (which I think he finally will do). Any ideas on who would be the new captain? I first thought v.Persie but give it another season and he'll be gone I think.

Looking back at what potentially could be Barca's team next season, it's quite scary. That midfield and attack shouldn't even be legal. That being said, no team is invincible, unbeatable etc. Every team has it's strengths and weaknesses.

If it does happen, just don't drag on as long as the ******* Ronaldo one. :@

apparently he wants the deal done before the world cup so he hasent got any club issues on his mind.

fabreags wants it sorted before the world cup, so hopefully it'll sorted soon

Sad to here him want to leave us. I think everyone knew that it was going to happen at some point, but not now, and now that moment has arrived. I have nothing against him wanting to leave and I hope the best for him.

If Fabregas leaves I think it will be the pinnacle of Fran Merida's career. He might be used to step into the first team
Ugh, wash your mouth out. My opinion of Fran Merida is incredibly low.
It's been told here in Spain that Merida is coming to Atlético.

Anyway, I think they are different type of players.

Really, these days, the long 4 year contracts are just silly.

A lot of people will call me bitter, but I'm so angry at Cesc leaving. I remember being at the game against Blackburn, him kissing the badge, showing he loves the club. I don't really want him anymore, knowing h doesn't want to represent Arsenal Football Club. It should be a privalege, not just a purgatory to Barcelona. He should remember, we took him from Barca, why did he bother leaving in the first place?

Will add more to that in time ^

Also, I can't see RVP leaving, he has stated he cannot see him at a different club, so him or Alex Song will fight it out for Captain IMO

Really, these days, the long 4 year contracts are just silly.

A lot of people will call me bitter, but I'm so angry at Cesc leaving. I remember being at the game against Blackburn, him kissing the badge, showing he loves the club. I don't really want him anymore, knowing h doesn't want to represent Arsenal Football Club. It should be a privalege, not just a purgatory to Barcelona. He should remember, we took him from Barca, why did he bother leaving in the first place?

Will add more to that in time ^

Also, I can't see RVP leaving, he has stated he cannot see him at a different club, so him or Alex Song will fight it out for Captain IMO

I agree mate has been poor show of form by Cesc, and coming out saying he wants his future sorted before the World Cup he has a 4 year contract that is pretty much the forseeable future. Wneger should just ring him up and say

'Hello Cesc, your an Arsenal player for next 4 years, there you go future sorted, Good luck in South Africa'

I know I will not be giving him a nice reception if we get Barca in the champions league if I can get my hands on a ticket! I hope not everyone will say 'it's his hometown club'. He's signed a contract, what an unloyal **** if he goes ^^)

I'm ******* hoping he doesn't leave. I'll admit Arsenal to being a one-man team (definitely last season - RvP injury hit us hard) as Fabregas was our main, and probably only, threat. When he had his mini cameo versus Aston Villa after coming on as a sub and scoring two, that showed what Cesc's all about.

If he leaves, we're ******. I forgave Thierry Henry leaving - Fabregas is no exception.

The only loyalty in football is to the £ sign
So true, theres all this bullshit flying around about " Oh yeah i love the club" Oh " You are disloyal if you leave for money" when realistically, isnt money what most people want? If i were offered double wages, i would go to the club offering it, so would anyone else

Normally would agree, but do not think that is the case.

Agreed. Barcelona can guarantee Fabregas something Arsenal can't. I don't think money's a problem at Arsenal as I'm sure Wenger will do all he can to persuade him to stay, but Barca are no doubt the best in the world, and him alongside Xavi, Iniesta, Messi etc they'll win ****** everything, something that won't happen at Arsenal for years.

Oh I wasn't having a go at Cesc. He's looking to play for the team he supports. I just meant footballers in general

I dont know where he will fit into the Barca team but if they can play maybe Iniesta on the left (although they have great young players like Pedro) with Messi on the right then Cesc and Xavi in the middle with Toure or Keita in a holding position and potentially Villa or Torres upfront you can see this team making football into its own personal little play thing.

Is it the system in Spain that the presidents practically own papers and just try and unsettle any good player (Cesc/Ronaldo/Alonso/Torres/Mascherano/Henry)? Or is it just that Juan Laporta is a ******? Either way i never usually believe these rumours but for some reason i have a bad feeling about this one.. Despite everyone massively twisting his words - SPANISH paper asks Cesc - if you ever leave Arsenal would it be for Barca - he says yes one day and they say he is desperate to leave NOW - also what ACTUAL evidence is there that Fabregas has told wenger he's off - a) it's really not in his nature to do this and
b) Don't they say this every year? about every player like Kaka having a medical at City and 100m deal not far off then he goes to Madrid - still i would love for Cesc just to give us one more season to show him we're serious and can do things

Fabregas is Barcelona through and through. Arsenal will only ever be the second club in his heart. He left to prove his worth and now he's achieved that. Wenger will pull something out of the hat -- he always does. If he ever decides to buy a decent goalkeeper and a striker who actually shoots on target one or twice a season they'll be right up there winning titles again. How a team of Arsenal's undoubted ability can be spearheaded by Bendtner (?) is beyond me -- he really is... not very good (though amazing on FM 2010 for some reason?)

Cesc is a Barcelona Boy, remember we took advantage of there employment laws (because of his age to sign him) I respect and understand him for wanting to A) go home B) join a winning team. If it was for the money and lackof respect he would have joined Man City or R Madrid.

I blame A. Wenger and the Arsenal board. You have to spend money in the short term *(without going into admin) to have success long term. All we hear is have no money because have to service the debt , but arsenal 1 of the richest clubs in the world. the board says we have money but wenger dont wont to spend, thats why our world class players want to leave , because they want to WIN.

Arsenal can come out good of this if , we get true value of player like man u did with ronaldo instead of selling on the cheap, i say minimun £40million and get 2 top players to replace the impact of cesc .

All this talk of getting FIFA to fine Barcelona makee me embarrassed, all clubs do this, didnt we just sign a striker from Brodoeux (everyone knew he was going to sign long time ago)

But that's entirely different! Blanc isn't happy about it and it was the English media that first released the rumours but NOT because Arsene Wenger said "i am interested in this player" - his contract ran out because he wanted to move anywhere else... if anything it's his agent's fault - i don't like this 'tapping up' of players - Milan did it with Flamini, Barca did it with Henry and now Fabregas and Man City do it with EVERYONE!

Back