Barcelona - La Masia - Homegrown Challenge

Barcelona

View attachment 35307

August 2020 - Part 1

Young centre back prospect Mariano joins Toledo on loan

View attachment 35306

Im not only loving that we are considered favourites to retain the Title despite the fact we havent signed anyone but 7 of our team make the Media's Dream Eleven

View attachment 35305

The big transfer new has to be Real Madrid selling Harry Kane to Man City for less money than they bought him for but they did bring in Aguero as his replacement whilst also spending big on Pogba

Ruiz makes the Olympic Dream Team Subs

View attachment 35304

Has the torch been officially passed over as Ruiz has better odds to be the Leagues Top Goalscorer over Luis Suarez

View attachment 35303

Oh ****** Andre Gomes who had a good season last year is out for 7 months!

View attachment 35302

Winger Ibanez joins Cordoba on loan

View attachment 35301

Messi and Dembele are set to fight it out for Best Player this season according to the Bookies

View attachment 35300

Youngsters i hope to give gametime this season

Marc Y20 - DC

View attachment 35299

Fran - Y18 - GK

View attachment 35298

Marc Cucurella - WBL

View attachment 35297

Starting 11 and Tactic for the start of the new Season

View attachment 35294

Barcelona

View attachment 35274

August 2020 - Part 2

Spanish Super Cup Final 1st Leg
At Madrid 2 - 0 Barcelona

View attachment 35273

Terrible performance and result here to start the season, we brought on 3 subs and tried to go more attacking and all that meant was they had more room to counter attack and netted two goals in 2 minutes

Luis Suarez has not scored for 6 hours of football!

View attachment 35272

It gets worse as Jordi Alba is out for 8 weeks!

View attachment 35271

Gomez joins Cadiz on loan

View attachment 35270

Spanish Super Cup 2nd leg
Barcelona 3 - 2 At Madrid

View attachment 35269

We win on the night to restore a little pride but its not enough to win the Cup as we lose 4-3 on aggregate, whilst Luis Suarez netted a brace to end his barren goalscoring spell

I had won 3 Spanish Super Cups in a row up until this one

View attachment 35268

GK Joan joins Toledo on loan

View attachment 35267

Some key players set to miss my first Croatia game

View attachment 35266

La Liga
Real Sociedad 1 - 1 Barcelona

View attachment 35265

It looked like we were heading for an opening day win in the league with Dembele putting us ahead before former Real Madrid player Illarramendi netted a stunner for a late equalizer

First Croatia squad decided

View attachment 35264

I would like to say Zenit, Arsenal and Sporting is a good draw for us but we do seem to have started the season poorly, maybe age is catching up with a lot of our key players, we have a lot of older players and a lot of youngsters but not many players in their prime

View attachment 35263

La Liga
Barcelona 5 - 0 Las Palmas

View attachment 35262

Thats more like it! Coutinho and Suarez both net braces along with wing back Palencia coming off the bench to net the other goal

Samper joins Villareal for a potential £4.1Million, hes 25 years of age and still not anywhere near the first team so i decided to get rid as he moans a lot, the likes of Deulofeu and Denis Suarez are happy to be squad players this guy thinks hes better than that

View attachment 35261

The biggest Summer Transfer deals all involve Real Madrid as they sign Pogba for £96Million whilst selling Harry Kane to Man City for £84Million and Losing James Rodriguez to Man Utd on a free contract

View attachment 35260

Real Madrid did bring in Aguero as Kane's replacement but he is in his thirties now

View attachment 35259

Whilst we bring in a grand total of £9Million, loan out a bunch of players and sign nobody

View attachment 35258

Coutinho wins August Player of the Month

View attachment 35257

Real Madrid, Eibar and Valencia all have 100% records still

View attachment 35256

Barcelona

View attachment 35244

September 2020

The Premier League spend the most money in the Summer Transfer Window with Chelsea and Man City spending big

View attachment 35243

First Croatia game

View attachment 35242

I make Kovacic the new Croatia Captain

View attachment 35241

European League Division B Group 3
Hungary 1 - 3 Croatia

View attachment 35240

A decent win to start my time as Croatia Boss, it was 1-1 coming up to the hour mark and i managed to make a couple of subs that made the difference with 2 of them scoring

European League Divison B Group 3
Croatia 2 - 0 Iceland

View attachment 35239

I have played numerous saves as Dinamo Zagreb so i do have abit of knowledge when it comes to Croatian players and it was nice to see a couple of former Dinamo players Pjaca and Kramaric getting the goals, having a quick look at the starting 11 i think it consists of nearly entirely former or current Dinamo players

Top of our group after back to back wins

View attachment 35238

La Liga
Espanyol 0 - 0 Barcelona

View attachment 35237

Bore draw in the local derby as we continue our stuttering start to the season

Champions League Groups
Arsenal 1 - 1 Barcelona

View attachment 35236

Suarez had scored around half an hour in and we looked to be sailing to a decent away win but Lacazette netted a latish goal to continue our dodgy form

La Liga
Barcelona 4 - 0 Sporting Gijon

View attachment 35235

Thats more like it! Ruiz finally shows up after a poor start to the season and even Cucurella got in on the goalscoring

La Liga
Celta Vigo 1 - 3 Barcelona

View attachment 35234

And we are back on track by the looks of it and Abel Ruiz seems to have found some form he was missing whilst its nice to now have Messi as an option to come off the bench and change the game like he did in this match

We face Mallorca in the Spanish Cup

View attachment 35233

Some key players missing for my next Croatia squad

View attachment 35232

La Liga
Barcelona 2 - 0 Alaves

View attachment 35231

Decided to start Suarez upfront today and he struggled with Ruiz coming off the bench to net a brace and get the man of the match award, seems like my strikers prefer to be subs coming on than playing from the start!

Champions League Groups
Barcelona 5 - 0 Zenit

View attachment 35230

Well to say our form has suddenly turned this month is an understatement! We smash 5 goals past them and they were all in the second half!

****** off David Silva!

View attachment 35229

I Win September Manager of the Month

View attachment 35228

Abel Ruiz gets back on track this month with 6 goals in 4 starts

View attachment 35227

We are top of the table with At. Bilbao on equal points while its nice to see Real Madrid have already lost twice!

View attachment 35226

Barcelona

View attachment 35214

October 2020

La Liga
Valencia 2 - 1 Barcelona

View attachment 35213

A shocker of a result after such a good September as we go 2-0 down in the space of 1 minute early in the first half, Alcacer came off the bench to net one goal but we pushed for the equalizer but it never came

Friendly
Croatia 2 - 2 Cyprus

View attachment 35212

We went ahead twice but got pegged back both times in another poor result this time with ny National team side

Croatia 3 - 1 Hungary

View attachment 35211

Thats more like it as i decide to play a tactic where i have no strikers but 4 attacking midfielders and it works with Vlasic netting a brace

La Liga
Barcelona 1 - 0 Leganes

View attachment 35210

We get back on track with an easy win, Ruiz got the only goal of the game as we peppered their goal with 28 shots to their 0 shots!

Luis Suarez out for 3 weeks

View attachment 35209

Champions League Groups
Barcelona 3 - 0 Sporting

View attachment 35208

Another pretty east win as our defence yet again makes it so the opposition dont even have a shot on target

Top of our group on equal points with Arsenal after 3 games

View attachment 35207

La Liga
Barcelona 3 - 1 Eibar

View attachment 35206

Coutinho went off injured really early but his substitution was a game changer as Messi came on and netted twice

Coutinho out for 3 weeks

View attachment 35205

Spanish Cup 4th rnd 1st Leg
Mallorca 2 - 0 Barcelona

View attachment 35204

I played a mainly second string but we should really still be giving a team 2 divisions below us a better match and now our progression in the cup hangs in the balance

3 players made their debuts

View attachment 35203

La Liga
At Madrid 1 - 1 Barcelona

View attachment 35202

Boy did we get lucky! We went 1-0 down early on and then even worse when i made the subs Alcacer came on then went off injured soon after but Luis Suarez managed to pop up and smash in a last minute equalizer!

Alcacer out for 4 weeks

View attachment 35201

With Andre Gomes out for such a big part of the season it gives Paulinho more chances to play and he has certainly taken them in recent weeks

View attachment 35200

Currently in 3rd place 2 points behind At Bilbao who top the table with a game in hand on us whilst Valencia who beat us are in 2nd, Real Madrid are 5 points further behind us as they have a poor start to the season

View attachment 35199

Barcelona

View attachment 35174

November 2020

Vlasic and Rog out for next Croatia squad

View attachment 35173

With that Old men Modric and Mandzukic are back in the squad

View attachment 35172

Champions League Groups
Sporting 3 - 0 Barcelona

View attachment 35171

I dont know what to say about this match, we were terrible and their star striker punished us for that with a Hattrick

Ter Stegen out for 4 weeks

View attachment 35170

So Fran will be our Number 1 for the next month whilst Joan had to come back from his loan deal to act as backup

View attachment 35169

La Liga
At Bilbao 1 - 1 Barcelona

View attachment 35168

Not a terrible result against the top team in the league at the moment away from home whilst also missing some key players

Alba out for 5 weeks

View attachment 35167

The next game V Iceland is my 200th game as Manager

View attachment 35166

Iceland 0 - 1 Croatia

View attachment 35165

Mandzukic gets the only goal of the game right after they have a player sent off

And with that win we will be Promoted to the top division in the European League next time around

View attachment 35164

Friendly
Croatia 3 - 1 Japan

View attachment 35163

Kramaric nets a brace in a dominate performance in this friendly as we gear up for the World Cup Qualifiers

La Liga
Barcelona 2 - 1 Deportivo

View attachment 35162

All the goals come early in the first half with rare goals from Rakitic and Pique sealing the win for us

Champions League Groups
Barcelona 3 - 3 Arsenal

View attachment 35161

We are struggling in the Champions League, we were 3-0 down at one point but came back thanks to a brace from Ruiz coming off the bench and Umtiti getting the equalizer, Pique tried to ruin the come back by getting sent off late on but we managed to hold on to the point

So with 1 group game to go we are on 8 points in third place with Sporting and Arsenal both ahead of us by 1 point, we do face bottom club Zenit in our final game so should just make it through

View attachment 35160

La Liga
Real Betis 3 - 3 Barcelona

View attachment 35159

Another ****** 3-3 draw and yet again Ruiz comes off the bench to save our butts with a late equalizer

Coutinho's numbers in goals and assists are not great but his average rating is still the highest in the league

View attachment 35158

We are 5 points behind top spot in the league, struggling in the Champions League and 2-0 down in the 1st leg of the cup i think this not signing anybody may now come back to bite me

View attachment 35157

Barcelona

View attachment 35047

December 2020

La Liga
Barcelona 2 - 1 Malaga

View attachment 35046

After an indifferent few months we start December off with a good win here as Luis Suarez nets a brace in a man of the match performance, next month he will be 34 but he doesnt look to be slowing down yet!

Huge match against Zenit deciding whether or not we will make the Champions League Knockout stages is my 200th as Barcelona Manager

View attachment 35045

Dembele wants to leave for Man City!

View attachment 35044

Champions League Groups
Zenit 1 - 1 Barcelona

View attachment 35043

So we needed to win this game against bottom of the group Zenit to guarantee our place in the next round but we only manage a draw in a poor match but we manage to go through on goal difference ahead of Sporting

View attachment 35042

La Liga
Barcelona 3 - 0 Villareal

View attachment 35041

We got lucky here as my subs made the difference! We were staring a bore draw in the face here until Dembele and Ruiz came off the bench to net all 3 goals to show a scoreline that looked a lot better than the match suggested

Coutinho out for 2 weeks

View attachment 35040

We face current Champions League Holders Man Utd in the 1st knockout rnd

View attachment 35039

Spanish Cup 4th rnd 2nd leg
Barcelona 1 - 0 Mallorca

View attachment 35038

This just felt like one of those games that we were not going to get the goals we needed no matter what i did, Suarez netted the only goal of the game to win on the night but we go out of the cup to lowly Mallorca after losing the first leg 2-0 they didnt have a shot on target whilst we had 34 shots overall!

La Liga
Barcelona 2 - 0 Sevilla

View attachment 35037

How can we go from such a poor performance to beating Sevilla so easily!?! Rakitic pulled the strings in midfield another player closing in on 34 but hes not showing his age yet!

La Liga
Levante 0 - 1 Barcelona

View attachment 35036

Abel Ruiz gets the only goal of the game as our pick up in form continues

Coutinho is the only Barcelona player to make the World Best Eleven

View attachment 35035

I Win Manager of the Month after 4 straight wins in the League

View attachment 35034

Luis Suarez is my Player of the Month after some vital goals in recent weeks, hes nearly 34 but i hope he stays on with us for a couple of more years yet!

View attachment 35033

We fly up the table equal points with Valencia and just 1 point ahead of At Bilbao

View attachment 35032

Barcelona

View attachment 35025

January 2021

La Liga
Real Madrid 4 - 3 Barcelona

View attachment 35024

Not the way you want to start the New Year as we lose to our biggest rivals Real Madrid, we were winning this match with half an hour to go but they turned the game on its head, since i joked about them signing Shaqiri he seems to score every time he plays us!

Deulofeu out for 4 weeks

View attachment 35023

I literally do not understand the AI when it comes to transfers, Dembele is worth £65Million and has 3 years left on his contract, we have loads of money in the bank and he has a release clause close to £200Million yet Man City come and offer us £47.5Million for him! Are you joking!

View attachment 35022View attachment 35021

Marlon out for 2 months

View attachment 35020

La Liga
Barcelona 1 - 2 Getafe

View attachment 35019

What has happened! We ended the year in good form in the league but we have lost both games so far this Year!

La Liga
Barcelona 4 - 0 Real Sociedad

View attachment 35018

Makes you wonder how their can be such a change in the team in just 1 game, this one we took our chances with far more shots on target than the previous match

Cucurella out for 6 weeks

View attachment 35017

La Liga
Barcelona 1 - 0 Espanyol

View attachment 35016

Alcacer nets the only goal of the game late on against our local rivals as we steal the win, similar to our first season where a lot of our results were lucky 1-0 wins

Real Madrid seem to have turned into a Manchester feeder club!

View attachment 35015

La Liga
Las Palmas 0 - 1 Barcelona

View attachment 35014

We get back on track in the league with back to back 1-0 wins against poor sides with the difference being late goals from our subs!

Was just checking out Toledo in the second division as they have loaned a few of my players in recent weeks and are starting to look like Barcelona lite with 4 of our youth intake players in their starting 11

View attachment 35013

Had to give Player of the Month to Pique, hes been solid at the back not only this month and season but since i took charge, he very rarely picks up an injury and is Mr reliable, hes going to be another player turning 34 in just a few days

View attachment 35012

4 points behind Valencia after that poor start to the New Year whilst At Bilbao have also leapfrogged over us, one small grace is Real Madrid are still 4 points behind us despite beating us a few weeks ago

View attachment 35011

Barcelona

View attachment 35008

February 2021

La Liga
Sporting Gijon 0 - 2 Barcelona

View attachment 35007

Early goals in this game wrap up the 3 points as its all over inside 10 minutes with Coutinho putting in another man of the match display

La Liga
Alaves 0 - 3 Barcelona

View attachment 35006

A nice way to gear up for our Champions League match with back to back easy wins against poor opposition, the goals were scored by our OAP's club with Pique, Rakitic and Messi all around 33!

Champions League 1st Knockout rnd 1st leg
Barcelona 1 - 0 Man Utd

View attachment 35005

A huge result! Against the reigning Champions of Europe we win thanks to a Luis Suarez goal, it seemed close but i never really felt like we looked in any danger of losing this match

La Liga
Barcelona 2 - 0 Celta Vigo

View attachment 35004

Another dominant performance as Abel Ruiz finally decides to show up after weeks of going missing with a nice brace and a man of the match display

Rakitic out for 2 weeks

View attachment 35003

La Liga
Barcelona 4 - 3 Valencia

View attachment 35002

We deserved this win against the League Leaders after going ahead 3 times in the match after they scored first, Abel Ruiz netted a very late winner which didnt give them enough time to get another equalizer!

I get Manager of the Month after 4 wins from 4 in the league

View attachment 35001

Coutinho has been amazing for us so far this season and one thing i have just noticed is that he needs to sign a new deal!

View attachment 35000

After that stellar month in the league we finally hit top spot! Beating Valencia with that late Ruiz goal could be key and after a good month for him hes now popped up on the Goalscoring chart in second place

View attachment 34999

Barcelona

View attachment 34998

March 2021

La Liga
Leganes 0 - 0 Barcelona

View attachment 34997

Thats an absolute shocker of a result there! We should have won this game easily especially after our recent good form but we limp to a bore draw

La Liga
Eibar 1 - 5 Barcelona

View attachment 34996

The difference in just one game as we go from struggling in front of goal to netting 5 goals away from home and from 5 different players!

Champions League 1st Knockout rnd 2nd Leg
Man Utd 0 - 1 Barcelona

View attachment 34995

We knock out the current Champions League Holders Man Utd! 2-0 on aggregate and all the sweeter to beat them at Old Trafford too!

La Liga
Barcelona 2 - 0 At Madrid

View attachment 34994

Luis Suarez comes off the bench to net a brace to seal the late win, At Madrid are not the team they once were with Valencia and Bilbao probably my main two rivals now in the league over either Madrid side

We face Premier League Champions Chelsea in the next round of the Champions League

View attachment 34993

Oh ****** Ter Stegen out for 4 weeks!

View attachment 34992

La Liga
Barcelona 2 - 0 At Bilbao

View attachment 34991

A big win against the 3rd placed side in the league with Rakitic netting the opener before Suarez comes off the bench to net another late goal, hes loving his role as an impact sub now hes 34

Andre Gomes has come back into the side after 7 months out injured and i think he has steadied the side and our form as we pick up results against big teams, he has definitely taken the role of Iniesta to just calm everyone down in the middle and play it simple

View attachment 34990

7 points clear at the top of the table with just 8 games to go, Valencia are in second with Bilbao just behind, Real Madrid are in 4th whilst At Madrid are all the way down in mid table obscurity

View attachment 34989

Barcelona

View attachment 34988

April 2021

World Cup Qualifiers
Croatia 3 - 0 Belarus

View attachment 34987

Kramaric nets a brace in a routine win against a poor side, we had 29 shots to their 2!

World Cup Qualifiers
Sweden 5 - 2 Croatia

View attachment 34986

Swedens young attacking front line in Guidetti, Isak and Forsberg put us to the sword in what has to be considered a shock defeat, i dont think their is going to much in this group in the top 3 as we should all beat the 3 rubbish sides so this defeat could be key

Finally some youth intake prospects in a more attacking role with central midfielder Ortuno looking like the best prospect

View attachment 34985View attachment 34984View attachment 34983

Alba out for 5 weeks

View attachment 34982

La Liga
Deportivo 2 - 0 Barcelona

View attachment 34981

A real shock defeat here as our 11 game Unbeaten run ends rather abruptly

View attachment 34980

Heres a 4th youth intake prospect who took a little longer to agree his contract

View attachment 34979

La Liga
Barcelona 1 - 1 Real Betis

View attachment 34978

Our mini slump in form continues as Real Betis hold us to a draw, we had a shed load of chances but just couldnt manage to put them in the net whilst they had just 2 chances and scored from one of them!

La Liga
Malaga 0 - 0 Barcelona

View attachment 34977

I dont think its a coincidence that our form has stuttered since Andre Gomes has picked up another injury, we are now 3 league games without a win and im worried heading in to the Chelsea game

Champions League Quarter Finals 1st leg
Chelsea 3 - 1 Barcelona

View attachment 34976

Gomes is back but it makes little difference, what a change our side is from just a few weeks ago, after beating Man Utd home and away we now havent won in 4 matches

After all i have done for Barcelona since taking charge and we are still top of the table in the league their are murmurs of discontent that i might be sacked!

View attachment 34975

La Liga
Villareal 1 - 2 Barcelona

View attachment 34974

Crisis over as we get back on track it was still pretty interesting though as they miss an early penalty and net a late consolation to give us a nervy end to the match

Champions League Quarter Finals 2nd leg
Barcelona 1 - 0 Chelsea

View attachment 34973

We claw back a little pride by winning on the night against Chelsea but we couldn't push on and get that second goal to seal the win on aggregate and go out 3-2 on aggregate

At Madrid win the Spanish Cup

View attachment 34972

Our lead in the League is down to just 3 points with 4 games to go with Valencia closing in on us, with Europe now over for us for the rest of the year we should really wrap the Title up with little problem but our recent form could make it interesting

View attachment 34971

Why did you play Alcacer at DM for two games?
I moved him to striker as soon as the game started but didnt want to change my tactic as i would probably forget to change it back again when it was one of the harder games

Barcelona

View attachment 34925

May 2021

La Liga
Barcelona 4 - 1 Levante

View attachment 34924

A fine win here with Pique getting a rare goal whilst Sergi Roberto put in a man of the match display after having gone missing for most of the season

We guarantee the Top 3 and with that a Champions League spot for next season

View attachment 34923

And with that we get our transfer budget confirmed for next season of £340Million! Oh how i would like to spend that

View attachment 34922

La Liga
Barcelona 3 - 1 Real Madrid

View attachment 34921

A rather easy win against Real Madrid thanks to 3 first half goals, they have definitely gone downhill in the last few months with a lot of their new signings not working out.

La Liga
Sevilla 0 - 0 Barcelona

View attachment 34920

A bore draw here as they miss a penalty whilst we have 14 shots but just 1 on target!

Ortuno makes his Barcelona debut

View attachment 34919

Abel Ruiz hasnt scored in 10 matches

View attachment 34918

Ruiz had a goal disallowed in the last match too

View attachment 34917

We retain the Title after other results go our way

View attachment 34916

4 Titles in a row for me!

View attachment 34915

La Liga
Getafe 2 - 1 Barcelona

View attachment 34914

With the Title already in the bag i decided to play a load of young players and boy did it show as we lose out to Getafe

Couple more of the youth intake players make their debuts

View attachment 34913

We won the League by just 2 points in the end with Bilbao breathing down our necks, Real Madrid only just clung on to the last Champions League spot just 1 point ahead of 5th placed Espanyol

View attachment 34912

Barcelona

View attachment 34866

May 2021 - End of Season

Top Goalscorer - Abel Ruiz - 21 Goals in just 26 starts this season

View attachment 34865

Joint Top Goalscorer - Luis Suarez - 21 Goals in 43 starts, not bad for a 34 year old

View attachment 34864

Best Player - Philippe Coutinho - 9 Goals, 10 Assists and an average rating of 7.40

View attachment 34863

Best Young Player - Marc Cucurella - 19 starts and 17 sub appearances along with a goal and 6 assists

View attachment 34862

New League Average Attendance record

View attachment 34861

Coutinho Wins his 3rd Player of the Year in the last 4 years

View attachment 34860

Ter Stegen Wins his second GK of the Year

View attachment 34859

I come 3rd in the Manager of the Year!! WTF

View attachment 34858

I said in a previous post i felt Sergi Roberto had gone missing this year and hes the only player to not make the Team or Subs of the Year!

View attachment 34857

At Madrid sack Simeone!

View attachment 34856

Barcelona Election Fever

View attachment 34855