This tactic has to be one of the few i would keep as it is... great work
Possession and movement is spot on

Last edited:
Hi there!
I'm using your tactic in my PSG save. I bought Montolivo, because I wanted to have (maybe not perfect playmaker like Xavi is), but a player who could handle the duties of a playmaker. After first game, my full back's Maxwell and Ceara had about 70-75 passes made, but Montolivo had only 36. OK, you can say, that he's not Xavi or Pirlo, but he's similar to them, he's got great technique, passes, one-two's and he's creative. I don't know what should I do in individual tactics screen, that Montolivo would get 100+ passes. In FM11 I was trying to emulate the Barca style,but it won't even get close enough. I had average 60% of ball possession, but I never had so many passes like you just did in your own tactic. What annoys me most is that my team is always rushing to much. They made some passes in defence and then ball goes to playmaker or other CM and a quick ball to striker and a shot. The main difference between Barca and other teams is that they're patient, they gain possession meter by meter. They're working the ball around and in one second they make key pass and messi or villa are in one-on-one situation with opposition GK.
Could you give me some advices how to make my playmaker get 100+ passes but not to CB's and to own half, but to the other attacking players in the opp-half? I'm looking forward to your third version of your tactic, because the Valencia-Barca match screen is promising.
I appreciate your work and I can't wait the third version of your tactic.
Maybe you should upload your tacting and let the virtual managers test it. I can be your beta tester ;)

Hi there!
I'm using your tactic in my PSG save. I bought Montolivo, because I wanted to have (maybe not perfect playmaker like Xavi is), but a player who could handle the duties of a playmaker. After first game, my full back's Maxwell and Ceara had about 70-75 passes made, but Montolivo had only 36. OK, you can say, that he's not Xavi or Pirlo, but he's similar to them, he's got great technique, passes, one-two's and he's creative. I don't know what should I do in individual tactics screen, that Montolivo would get 100+ passes. In FM11 I was trying to emulate the Barca style,but it won't even get close enough. I had average 60% of ball possession, but I never had so many passes like you just did in your own tactic. What annoys me most is that my team is always rushing to much. They made some passes in defence and then ball goes to playmaker or other CM and a quick ball to striker and a shot. The main difference between Barca and other teams is that they're patient, they gain possession meter by meter. They're working the ball around and in one second they make key pass and messi or villa are in one-on-one situation with opposition GK.
Could you give me some advices how to make my playmaker get 100+ passes but not to CB's and to own half, but to the other attacking players in the opp-half? I'm looking forward to your third version of your tactic, because the Valencia-Barca match screen is promising.
I appreciate your work and I can't wait the third version of your tactic.
Maybe you should upload your tacting and let the virtual managers test it. I can be your beta tester ;)

Ur Playmaker was probably man marked and ur midfield section anyway so thats why ur FB's got so many passes. Regarding being annoyed by Rushing, Slower tempo helps with a small bit of time wasting. Also setting mentalities down and creative freedom helps. Run with ball rarely and I'd say Run from deep to sometimes, then things shudnt happen too fast. Those are the basics.

Havent tested this tactic properly and havent checked TI and PI's and maybe this tactic solves yer problems as U spoke about problems in ur own ´made tactic or thats how I understood it..

Thanks Gump for some advices.
I'm still testing krunccrni's tactic in my PSG, and it's getting better with my whole team. But there's still one problem unsolved. I mean 'the playmaker problem', because he's completely out of play. You were right, Montolivo is tightly marked by opp defender all the time and he couldn't get more than 30 passess per game. That's quite a bit frustrating, in fact that my fb's had two times more passes than montolivo. He's got the least passes in my team! I don't know what to do. krunccrni solved this problem, because his playmaker(xavi) had more than 100 passes per game despite he was tightly marked even by two opponents. krunccrni could you please give some advices, what you did, to lose those markers and made your playmaker do his best?
thanks in advance

Hey i'm undecided on managing Real or Barca, i want to give these a go for a few seasons to win alot of trophies. Which team should i be and what formation from these forums should i use? I might try Kofloks 4-3-3 for Barca as it creates sooo many CCC's

opinions please

Thanks Gump for some advices.
I'm still testing krunccrni's tactic in my PSG, and it's getting better with my whole team. But there's still one problem unsolved. I mean 'the playmaker problem', because he's completely out of play. You were right, Montolivo is tightly marked by opp defender all the time and he couldn't get more than 30 passess per game. That's quite a bit frustrating, in fact that my fb's had two times more passes than montolivo. He's got the least passes in my team! I don't know what to do. krunccrni solved this problem, because his playmaker(xavi) had more than 100 passes per game despite he was tightly marked even by two opponents. krunccrni could you please give some advices, what you did, to lose those markers and made your playmaker do his best?
thanks in advance

Hows the PPM's? I havent take a look at Xavi's personally, but I image there is Comes deep to get the ball. Does Montolivo have that? Kinda crucial as then he will really drop deep and offer a passing line. Make ur playmaker move into channels and run from deep rarely, that shud help. Another option is then to make him Swap positions with someone, making the opposition harder to man mark em and lefts em confused.

Thanks again Gump. You're right, Xavi has 'Comes deep to get the ball' and Montolivo doesn't. Maybe I'm a bit lame, but what does PPM mean ? ;)

Last edited:
Hello,

Which instruction should i give for playmaker? Advanced playmaker, deep lying playmaker, box-to-box midfielder or ball winning midfielder?

Hi guys, just some quick question.
What should i do to get those "Xavi 100 passes"?

Btw i managing Arsenal and i always buying some talented playmaker just to get that "Xavi 100 passes"
Here is the name of my playmakers:
- Aaron Ramsey
- Mario Gotze AP
- Gylfi Sigurosson AP
- Emre Can DLP
- Andrea Pirlo DLP (transfer delay due to bad weather :p)

PS: what is "ME"? Must i using those program too to get "Xavi 100 passes"?

Most likely the reason is cos hes almost every time available for pass, since I believe U have put the playmaker run from deep sometimes or often, which makes him run forward and therefore he wont be available for pass unlike the DM, who has probably rarely run from deep, so he stays in his position, which is always available for pass.

my playmaker was always marked by two men, so made him roam from position and also moved his position on the pitch as it takes opposition players out of their positions too.

Very impressed with the opening post to this thread, The atention to detail is fantastic, regardless for the Un justified critisim about being barcelona, Like people have said, this isnt a Destroy all tactic Nor a plug and play Or a finnished tactic.

I myself love doing a good opening post and its what makes FM base fun for me. I enjoy making tactics regardless if they arnt for everyone, If i can get 1 person to take it and use it i will be happy.

Very best of luck with this mate and i hope you get what you want to achive :)

@krunccrni do you have a 3defender tactic too?

I cant seem to find the download button for this tactic, can someone help me please ! :)

what is your secondary tactic, are there other tactics you have with the exact same effect possibly for away games

Would it be possible if someone could rename this tattic in game and upload it please, i accidently made this tattic Classic so not able to us the modern features...

Cheers

Gaz