Other Campaigns
Athletic Bilbao
Tested this tactic with Athletic Bilbao and I think i'm having great success
The evidence is on page 4

Liverpool
Also tested this tactic with Liverpool
The evidence is on page 9and also here on page 14

Introduction
As a cule and a fan of fancy and beautiful football i'd like to present you my tactic that i called La Masia Philosophy. What i'm trying to do here is to emulate Pep Guardiola's tactic. To make xavi control the game, creating spaces and to make messi become the world best

Formation & Tactic

*Shape
I used pep guardiola's 433 as reference and i'm using classic mode to implement it. The formation may looks strange as there is no strikers in this formation.

View attachment 215083

For comparison we can use the image taken from last El-Classico match (2nd leg of Copa del Rey) below;
View attachment 220527
The image and full article related to this image can be found here totalBarca.com

Noted that, the only differences here is that Pedro (in the match occupied by iniesta before he got injured) role is in left side, where in this tactic is in the right side. And also Villa/Sanchez role is in the right side whereas in this tactic is in left side.

As santos coach said after his said defeated by barcelona in club world championship " Muricy Ramalho (coach Santos): "Barcelona played with a 3-7-0 formation. They showed you can score without forwards". So that's why i made a tactic without a real strikers.

And also, a statement from guardiola himself "Midfielders are intelligent players who have to think about the team as a whole. They are selfless players who understands the game better than anyone and the more midfielders you have, the easier it is to slot them into other positions" here's an excerpt of his remarks to
FIFA.com earlier in the week just before the team's departure to Japan

View attachment 220518
This image is published by SPORT ( a Spanish daily sports newspaper based in Barcelona, Spain.) After Barcelona won the club world championship, and after Muricy Ramalho issuing a statement as quoted above. The translation and the full article can be found here totalBarca.com

*In Match Alternative Shape
However, because of fluidity of the system/tactic, actually shape this tactic in a match is 4-3-3 as we can find in the average position of the match

View attachment 220544 View attachment 220537

But it is also almost looks like 4-2-4, because the alternative shape of barcelona tactic is also 4-2-4. To support this statement there are some interesting articles that can be found in zonalmarking.net also here in totalBarca.com and also here twelvepointsports.blogspot.com

Images take from those sites is below;
View attachment 220541 View attachment 220540

*False 9/False 10 Partnership
View attachment 220543

The above image is 3-4-3 system which use false9/false 10 partnership. But, i'm trying to implement this partnership into this 4-3-3/4-2-4/4-2-3-1/4-6-0 tactic that which seemed to have quite succesfully. The evidence below;

View attachment 220546
Xavi Control the ball and the tempo looking for iniesta in other side to help him and iniesta ready to offer him a help, Fabregas (Messi role occupied by Fab,because messi is injured) is upfront and Villa out wide

View attachment 220547
After giving the ball to Iniesta, he is looking for Villa out wide and give him the ball

View attachment 220549
After received the ball from iniesta, Villa quickly gave the ball to Fabregas upfront. One of Sevilla defenders trying to mark Fabregas quickly, leaving spaces (shown by yellow area) for Iniesta who makes run from deep towards the spaces (shown by Red arrow)

View attachment 220551
Unfortunately for Iniesta, after got the ball from fabregas his shot is pushes away by Javi Varas

*More In-Depth explanation about Barcelona's Philosophy how they play can be found here;
1. On Page 14
2. On Page 16
3. Another good article on totalBarca.com

*Useful Tips
Because i used classic mode, so there is no specific role for each players. But this is not a plug and play tactic. You have to analyze, how your opposition play for each matches, whether they play high or park a plane/bus, etc. This is what i usually do;
1). if I find xavi making to many passes between him and the central defenders, I increased his passing range from 2 clicks up to 5 clicks
2). usually when i find its to hard to open space to make some goals, I change Dani Alves RFD from sometimes to often
3). Sometimes I change the width, the tempo, or time wasting to adjust to the opponent's tactics
4). If your Xavi and Iniesta role players do not have Tries Killers Ball Often PPM change their players instruction for try through balls to often from sometimes

*Player Preferred Moves (PPM)
Useful PPM can be found in one of my posts here

*Instruction & Requirements
1). Pitch Size Maximum
2). Never Used Any Specif OI
3). Ask My Assistant For Team Talks

Results/Fixtures
View attachment 215089View attachment 215090View attachment 215091

Have only tried this tactic with barca, if anyone wants to try it with another team, then give it a go (H). In my first season with barca i only lost 1 time and there is one remaining game with Man Utd.

Players and Team Stats
View attachment 215092View attachment 215093View attachment 215094View attachment 215095

Messi Stats
View attachment 215096

Messi in my game manage to make 62 goals and 34 assists in 54 apps

La Liga Table
View attachment 215097

Xavi Passes
View attachment 215098View attachment 215099View attachment 215100View attachment 215101View attachment 215102View attachment 215103View attachment 215104View attachment 215105View attachment 215106

as you can see, sometimes my playmaker manage to hit 100 passes or more or less in a match. But it would not be always like this. Because for example if your opponents play high up the pitch, what is the point of having 100 passes? LOL

In Match Stats

View attachment 215111View attachment 215112View attachment 215113View attachment 215114View attachment 215115View attachment 215116View attachment 215117View attachment 215118

View attachment 215120View attachment 215121View attachment 215122View attachment 215123View attachment 215124

Conclusion
From the results i think i have managed to achieve the core and the philosphy of pep guardiola's barcelona. But i think there is a lot of things that need to be fix, for example i found it hard to shut the opposition, if they play high up the pitch or when they used 4-4-2. So that's why if someone here wants to try this tactic feel free for it and it would be nice if there is some feedback from all of you, cheers

[video=youtube;Gro24njMwSM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gro24njMwSM&feature=g-upl&context=G20ef402AUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

[video=youtube;hikkDgpvd0M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hikkDgpvd0M[/video]
this second video is when my players scored from patiently build up play free kick

nb: sorry for my poor english (H)

Download Link

Original Version
View attachment 215129

V.2
View attachment 220550

Mediafire Download Link

Original Version
http://www.mediafire.com/?xxxg8ypaokbhad8

V.2
http://www.mediafire.com/?7prgrdtbw52qwgi

IMPORTANT!
Because this is a classic mode tactic you need to add manually your primary playmaker, your primary playmaker is the one who occupied MCR role

How to;
First go to tactic screen then go to set pieces tab, lastly you have to drag the MCR to the playmaker section in the right bottom corner

*Useful Tips
Because i used classic mode, so there is no specific role for each players. But this is not a plug and play tactic. You have to analyze, how your opposition play for each matches, whether they play high or park a plane/bus, etc. This is what i usually do;
1). if I find xavi making to many passes between him and the central defenders, I increased his passing range from 2 clicks up to 5 clicks
2). usually when i find its to hard to open space to make some goals, I change Dani Alves RFD from sometimes to often
3). Sometimes I change the width, the tempo, or time wasting to adjust to the opponent's tactics
4). If your Xavi and Iniesta role players do not have Tries Killers Ball Often PPM change their players instruction for try through balls to often from sometimes

*Player Preferred Moves (PPM)
Useful PPM can be found in one of my posts here

*Instruction & Requirements
1). Pitch Size Maximum
2). Never Used Any Specif OI
3). Ask My Assistant For Team Talks

Last edited:
Could you atleast tell us what formation and strategy you are playing,

Cheers

I liked the passing movement of that video.

Seems legit to me gonna try it on my 3rd season as a barca manager

Wahouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu !! Best tactic ever ! I have never try a tactique like that !! Congratulation Arikubis !!

I love Guardiola tactics and you realize my dream :)

Il Devasto is to worry !!

Thanks ^^

P.S : (Sorry for my bad English :s)
[h=3][/h]

I will try to remake this tactic with the tactical creator...

yes please give it a go mate, please give some feedback afterwards

thx give it a try then :)

thx, please give some feedback afterwards

It looks like your results are similar to my own tactic, I will test it and look for similarities. Yours is in classic mode but mine is in the modern style

JJ86TotalVoetball - Arselona

What player do you select in support ? Messi ? Villa ?

thanks

It looks like your results are similar to my own tactic, I will test it and look for similarities. Yours is in classic mode but mine is in the modern style

JJ86TotalVoetball - Arselona

well, feel free to try it mate :D

I will try to remake this tactic with the tactical creator...

What player do you select in support ? Messi ? Villa ?

thanks

yeah sure you can, you can make your own tactic based on this tactic. Because i rarely used tactical creator system, basically i dont know who is in support role, but i think i prefer villa for that

Think this could work with Liverpool?

GK: Reina
RWB: Johnson
CB: Agger & Skrtel
LB: Enrique
DM: Lucas
CM: Adam
AMR: Kuyt
AMCR: Suarez
AMCL: Gerrard
STL: Bellamy

I know they're obviously not as good as Barca players...

Think this could work with Liverpool?

GK: Reina
RWB: Johnson
CB: Agger & Skrtel
LB: Enrique
DM: Lucas
CM: Adam
AMR: Kuyt
AMCR: Suarez
AMCL: Gerrard
STL: Bellamy

I know they're obviously not as good as Barca players...

yes i think it could, obviously they are not as good as barca players but certainly they are not bad players

Good job on this mate. tried it out and it wasnt bad. wish you could get more feedback on this though. the thing is alot of people have grown tired of tiki taka tactics. the trend kind of died after fm11. ill keep testing and maybe after a few games i can post suggestions on how you can improve it.

Good job on this mate. tried it out and it wasnt bad. wish you could get more feedback on this though. the thing is alot of people have grown tired of tiki taka tactics. the trend kind of died after fm11. ill keep testing and maybe after a few games i can post suggestions on how you can improve it.

Haha :) Just wait till we get to the knockout stages of the champions league and everyone can see Barca passing the **** out of teams. The tiki-taka hype will soon be restored!