[Barcelona][Tested With Athletic Bilbao] La Masia Philosophy

Looks very interesting. Im curious how this is going to work with my team. Will keep you posted. :)

best barca-based tactic i've ever seen man, cheers.
tho i found some troubles ( i'm using roma )
most notably is the tactic is very counter-attack prone, i don't know about barca but it happens a lot with my roma
the pressing is uneffective. tho it could be down to my players' aggresiveness.
i sometimes found some beautiful passing movement at the edge of the box but it's not consistent either.
but nevertheless, it's one of the best tactics i've tried this season. job well done! :)

most notably is the tactic is very counter-attack prone, i don't know about barca but it happens a lot with my roma
i sometimes found some beautiful passing movement at the edge of the box but it's not consistent either.
but nevertheless, it's one of the best tactics i've tried this season. job well done! :)
Mate, basically playing with possession football (barca-esque) is weak from counter-attack. Players fluidity and moving around could be easily countered when you don't have really good players to keeping the ball well. :)

I'm very happy to hear that sir :). It's nice when someone also feel the success of this tactic. Would you mind to share your results sir? that would be nice
Yes indeed, I think every possession based tactic is weak to counter attack football. When i tried this tactic to barcelona and athletic bilbao, i rarely suffered from counter attack. But i got some usefull tips for you;
1) If your team exposed by counter attack try to reduce the defensive line up to 2 clicks, so you will get around 6 clicks defensive line
2) If your team got the majority shared of the possesion but hardly to score, try to reduce the tempo because the opposition might be sit very deep so you need to reduce the tempo in order to play more patiently to get create more spaces to score
3) if the passing game was stiff, try to increase your Xavi role player (MCR) passing range up to 2-3 clicks

Mate, basically playing with possession football (barca-esque) is weak from counter-attack. Players fluidity and moving around could be easily countered when you don't have really good players to keeping the ball well.
smile.gif

couldn't agree more mate

Last edited:
How about the possession? and how about the Tactic Familiarity Levels? is it fluid already?

Completely fluid, and possession is very, very high. I had 72% away at White Hart Lane.

Completely fluid, and possession is very, very high. I had 72% away at White Hart Lane.

So, is it works for you? what about results? is it good?

This tactic doesn't work with a small team
sad.gif

what team are you using? but i couldnt say yes, because i myself have never tried it. But i have to admit that this tactic requires sort type of players that can keep the ball for long time especially for the midfielders and it is very hard to find that type of players for a very small team

So, is it works for you? what about results? is it good?

what team are you using? but i couldnt say yes, because i myself have never tried it. But i have to admit that this tactic requires sort type of players that can keep the ball for long time especially for the midfielders and it is very hard to find that type of players for a very small team

Results on the last page. Haven't won away from home yet, but also haven't lost! Going to stick with it.

Might look for a player for the Messi role in the next transfer window, after Suarez hasn't scored for me yet, in 10 games. He's not playing badly, just not putting it in the yet. Any recommendations?

With the Girondins de Bordeaux ! I have lot of good players and my MCd is Plasil ! He has 50 pass successfull/game! And my MDl has 60/70 pass successfull...

I don't understand why....View attachment 216207

Last edited by a moderator:
Might look for a player for the Messi role in the next transfer window, after Suarez hasn't scored for me yet, in 10 games. He's not playing badly, just not putting it in the yet. Any recommendations?

Hulk would be awesome. Neymar, Erik Lamela, James Rodriguez (porto), Eden Hazard, Giuliano, Douglas Costa, Lewis Holtby, Giusseppe Rossi are also great. For smaller team i would recommend Jonathan Viera

how many assists hawe a Xavi ? trought ball rarely ?

around 18 assists, because xavi role is to become the center of the flowing passing game, so all the defenders attention is to xavi and then it could create spaces for another players to exploit. eventhough i set it to rarely, xavi has tries killers ball often ppm so he so he likely to release through pass when he think it's the best option. Also you can find the evidence from last season and this season also where messi is the one who always make assist he had 24 assist last season and know he already has 14 assist compare to 9 by xavi and 5 by iniesta

With the Girondins de Bordeaux ! I have lot of good players and my MCd is Plasil ! He has 50 pass successfull/game! And my MDl has 60/70 pass successfull...

I don't understand why....

how about the other games is something like that also happened? from your team passing pattern, i concluded that your opposition play very high, pressing your team high up the pitch. Imagine Real Madrid vs Barcelona in the last two super cup matches, xavi hardly release many passes because real madrid pressing very high

Hulk would be awesome. Neymar, Erik Lamela, James Rodriguez (porto), Eden Hazard, Giuliano, Douglas Costa, Lewis Holtby, Giusseppe Rossi are also great. For smaller team i would recommend Jonathan Viera

Cheers, all well known players who I'll have a look at them. If I do get one of them, I'll stick Suarez on the left. Brought in Borja Valero to compete with Adam for the Xavi role. Thinking about trying to bring in Cavani at the end of the season to play on the right.

Cheers, all well known players who I'll have a look at them. If I do get one of them, I'll stick Suarez on the left. Brought in Borja Valero to compete with Adam for the Xavi role. Thinking about trying to bring in Cavani at the end of the season to play on the right.

thats nice, hope you enjoy this tactic :)

Mate, basically playing with possession football (barca-esque) is weak from counter-attack. Players fluidity and moving around could be easily countered when you don't have really good players to keeping the ball well. :)
yes, sir. i've tried some other possession tactics with some other teams before but this one seemed too much. i thought the problem was the closing down so i tweaked it. i also decreased the mentality of the attacking players and i think it worked. did i do the right thing?

I'm very happy to hear that sir :). It's nice when someone also feel the success of this tactic. Would you mind to share your results sir? that would be nice
Yes indeed, I think every possession based tactic is weak to counter attack football. When i tried this tactic to barcelona and athletic bilbao, i rarely suffered from counter attack. But i got some usefull tips for you;
1) If your team exposed by counter attack try to reduce the defensive line up to 2 clicks, so you will get around 6 clicks defensive line
2) If your team got the majority shared of the possesion but hardly to score, try to reduce the tempo because the opposition might be sit very deep so you need to reduce the tempo in order to play more patiently to get create more spaces to score
3) if the passing game was stiff, try to increase your Xavi role player (MCR) passing range up to 2-3 clicks
most welcome mate. i'll post the screenshots later and thanks for the tips :)

I have to say, the defence is superb. Reina has 15 clean sheets in 18 games.

Valero completed 179 passes on his debut.

Wish my away form would improve though, played 9, won 1, drew 7, lost one.

Signed Rossi to play the Messi role, scored on his debut.

Reina has 15 clean sheets in 18 games.

Not saying its not because of the tactic, but Reina is BEAST mode in the FM series I have come to find over the last 2 years, always seems to make incredible saves in the game.

I started a season with Arsenal and I am using this tactic, I will be sure to let you know how it goes! Just bought Hulk, so looking to slot him into the Messi role.