• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 16K

Tobe

Reaction score

Barcelona - The Catalan Club

img-logo-fc-barcelona-small.jpg

Tuesday 28th June

Barcelona have today announced that their hugely successful manager Josep Guardiola will once again be back in charge of the club for at least one more year. The wiley Spanish manager who has seen his team blossom under his guidance has pleased the fans who had always wanted him to stay. Guardiola is an enigma when it comes to his Barcelona contract, only ever signing one year extensions when many other managers would want to commit to a longer contract, given the players and the success the Catalan club have. With strong morals and an extremely gracious approach Guardiola states that if his or the clubs attitude changes towards one another or if the relationship between the two ever becomes stagnant, both parties can walk away within a year. This also unselfishly gives Guardiola no chance of huge severance payout if the club decided to sack him.

Barcelona President Sandro Rossell was delighted when Guardiola agreed to stay on for another year and has promised his manager all the support he needs and a summer warchest which is yet to be announced but expected to be in the region of thirty five million Euro's. Rossell who has seen the club flourish in the past few seasons under Guardiola will be hoping that his manager can get the team to perform as they have been over the past few years and that they can successfully retain the much coveted Champions League trophy and defend the Spanish League title too.

With Guardiola and Barcelona having mastered the Tiki-Taki style it seems that the Spanish Champions are a mile apart from any other major European team, Real Madrid are the Catalan clubs main rivals in the Spanish League but in recent years have fallen far behind Barcelona in the chase for the title, even with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Mesut Özil and Kaka in their team and with José Mourinho now managing them it doesn't look like Barcelona will be easily beaten.

The Blaugrana as the club is affectionately known possess some fantastic players and without these players the club nor Guardiola would have enjoyed such success'. Lionel Messi is the Catalan clubs poster boy and at the moment is being touted the best player on the planet. The young Argentinian it seems is even being labled as the best player ever to grace the game! The club also possess the superstar midfield duo of Xavier Hernández and Andrés Iniesta who both act as the engine room in the team. Both players dictate the play around them and have the ability to provide the team with goals and the killer pass to create them. David Villa who was recently purchased from Valencia in the summer of 2010 is a menacing threat in front of goal and has always been earmarked as one of Europe's most dangerous strikers. Even the Barcelona defence possess' great talent with the likes of Gerard Piqué, Carles Puyol and Daniel Alves all protecting the Barcelona goal.

Barcelona who have always relied on their youth setup system are still churning out great prospects with the likes of Carlos Tello, Isaac Cuenca and Thiago Alcântara all expected to get a sizeable amount of playing time this season to aid their development at the club. The youngsters who have all come up through the ranks of the club will be looking for the chance to make their stake for first team football and to make their own bit of history at the club.

---------------------------------------------------

Thursday 14th July

sky-sports-logo_1864263a.gif

TRANSFER NEWS

It's been a couple of weeks since Pep Guardiola signed his one year contract extension with Barcelona and he already looks to have wrapped up the clubs summer spending spree. With the Spanish mastermind having now completed this summers transfer signings he can now turn his attentions to Pre-Season where he'll taking his team to Belgium to participate in four friendlies.

With Barcelona having such an array of talent within their ranks it must be hard for Guardiola to find ways to improve things, especially when there isn't really much to improve. The old saying goes if it's not broken, don't fix it. Guardiola however has seen the need to sign three players this summer and each looks like they could benefit
The Blaugrana.

Transfers In

Gylfi Sigurðsson - £10,250,000 From View attachment 232165Hoffenheim

scaled.php

Guardiola has suprised alot of people with this signing as Gylfi Sigurðsson until now has been a relatively unheard of player around Spain. The young twenty-one year old who has previously played in Germany and in England will be looking to impress in Spain with the European champions as fans at his new club have been caught off guard with the transfer as they know very little about their new man.

It's believed that Guardiola see's Sigurðsson as someone who can learn from Xavi and Iniesta and perhaps even eventually replace the ageing superstars in the team. The young Icelandic midfielder has similar traits to the Barcelona icons as he too possess the ability to masterfully pass through an opposition team. Sigurðsson also has a keen eye for goal and can score from long range too. His freekick taking is also very strong and the youngster has admitted to continuously watching David Beckham on the TV when he was younger and learning from the England Icon's technique.

With Sigurðsson having not even played his first game for the club, it seem's he is already under pressure to perform due to his obscurity in Spain. Many fans will be hoping that he is of the quality that the Blaugrana already have in the team.

Lucas Andersen - £600,000 From View attachment 232202 Aalborg Boldspilklub
scaled.php

The young Danish winger has only really recently been noticed around Europe and is now starting to earn himself a reputation as being a future star. Barcelona have acted quickly to snap up the youngster with a whole host of other clubs ready to sign him up. Andersen however has opted to sign for the European champions where he feels he'll be able to improve and further his career the most. He stated that he will feel honoured to be at the same club as the likes of Lionel Messi and Xavi who he admires alot.

It's believed that Guardiola will place Andersen in the clubs under 19's squad to build up his experience and that he may call upon him in Cup games against inferior opposition. At sixteen years old though the youngster will have plenty of opportunities to earn his place in the squad and with the players around him he will have some of the worlds best talent to learn from.

Iker Muniain - £21,000,000 From View attachment 232224 Athletic Bilbao

scaled.php

Iker Muniain has moved from Athletic Bilbao to Barcelona which will certainly impress the Barcelona faithful. Muniain who has been closely watched by everybody in Spain at the moment is definately not short of talent. Coming to Barcelona from an Athletic team which seem's to be producing some great Spanish players as of late, Muniain stated that although leaving Bilbao had been a hard decision to make coming to Barcelona was like a dream come true.

The young Eighteen year old who plays mainly as a wide left attacking midfielder seems to be the perfect choice of player for Barcelona's David Villa to turtor. The youngster already shows glimpses of what his future has in store for him. The talented winger can also play up front although his finishing training will need to be worked on within the club.

Guardiola had to stump up some serious cash for the Basque player and after a brief meeting with club chairman Sandro Rossell it seemed like the Barcelona manager easily persuaded the man in charge of the club to part with his money in order to sign the young starlet.

Transfers Out

As interesting and exciting it is to see new talent come into the club, Barcelona have sold players too. Some are notable players too with the likes of Seydou Keita and Adriano being shown the door. Others like Ibrahim Afellay who never really got his Barcelona career started and Keirrison another player to flop at the club have both left too. J
osé Manuel Pinto also leaves the club but on loan to Zaragoza.

José Manuel Pinto - Loan to View attachment 232250 Zaragoza
Keirrison - £2,300,000 View attachment 232252 Fiorentina
Ibrahim Afellay - £7,000,000 View attachment 232253 Paris Saint-Germain
S
eydou Keita - £5,500,000 View attachment 232254 Arsenal
Adriano - £6,250,000 View attachment 232251 FC Porto

With Barcelona having wrapped up their incoming and outgoing Transfers already this season, Guardiola will already be tinkering with his side and exploring new ways to improve Europe's best team even further. He takes his side to Belgium in a few weeks to play four routine friendlies where he can give the team some match fitness after a long summer hiatus. He can also use this tour as an opportunity to give some fringe players the chance to impress and perhaps stake a claim for a first team place.

scaled.php

Last edited:
I stopped it as I was looking after my Fiancee because she wasn't very well. I also have a nipper too which made it hard work to spend a prolonged amount of time on here. I deleted the game as I thought oh well. Sods law is, she feels better now and I now have no United save lol. So I am doing this one now.

I know there will be the haters because it's Barcelona and the "you'll win everything" comments will rear their head around, but this story will focus more on player development and strategy, rather than Barcelona win this, Barcelona won that. If you don't like that I'm Barcelona please don't hate on me lol.

I don't care what team people choose to be as long as it's a good story and don't worry, yours are always really good haha :) It is quite a commitment I have tried and failed in the past to keeping committed to one. Life just seems to get in the way most the time haha, keep it up anyway can't wait to hear more :D

your man u story was brilliant am sure this will be just as good mate especially as your gonna go in depth with player deveopment nd that great signings so far and i look forward to the next update mate

Barcelona - Pre-Season Tour Beligium

scaled.php

Having finished his business in the Transfer Market Pep Guardiola can now concentrate on his teams preparations for the upcoming season. He has decided to fly his squad out to Belgium where they will work on their fitness and their sharpness for the upcoming campaign. It will give Guardiola a chance to see how he feels his team should be playing and what players he should involve this season. All three summer transfer signings have flown out with the squad which will give the travelling fans something to look foward to as they will be able to see the clubs new purchases on display.

Barcelona will play four friendlies which line up like this...

attachment.php
Beerschot AC
attachment.php
Genk
attachment.php
Anderlecht
attachment.php
AA Gent

Guardiola will see these fixtures all as winnable games and games where they should be able to win quite comfortably too. He will no doubt play some of his youngsters, as the likes of Cristian Tello, Isaac Cuenca, Gerard Deulofeu and Lucas Andersen have all travelled. Barcelona will also need to give match fitness to a number of star players such as Xavi, Andreas Iniesta, Lionel Messi, David Villa and Victor Valdes who will all be relied upon this season.

Travelling out to Belgium also gives the team a chance to gel and for the new players not to just slot into the team physically but mentally too. Pep Guardiola likes his team to bond strongly as he is a firm believer that closeness off the pitch also brings about closeness on the pitch too. He has asked the more experienced members of his first team to tutor some of the younger players to help aid them with their development...

David Villa To Tutor Isaac Cuenca
Lionel Messi To Tutor Cristian Tello
Andreas Iniesta To Tutor Thiago Alcantara
Xavi To Tutor Gylfi
Sigurðsson

----------------------------------------------------------------

20th July 2011
Pre-Season Friendly
Matchday 1
Olympish Stadion
20:00

scaled.php

Barcelona looked ok in this suprisingly tough game beating their opponents by two goals. Although the performance was sufficient enough to deservedly win, there were obvious signs that the squad were suffering from ring rust. Of course during Pre-Season managers expect this, having to work around it and trying to get the team back to optimum fitness.

Iker Muniain who cost Barcelona twenty one million in the summer has already shown the fans how important he can be, scoring on his non competitive debut and already looking likely to be worth the high sum Barcelona paid out for him. Daniel Alves enjoyed a great game excelling in his usual right wing back position and taking full advantage of the space afforded to him by the lack of decisive marking from the Beerschot players. Alves also laid on the assist for Pedro to score his goal and looked lively throughout the whole game.

scaled.php

24th July 2011
Pre-Season Friendly
Matchday 2
Cristal Arena

15:00

scaled.php

Guardiola will have been irked by this performance but maintained his usual calm and collected manner in the dugout. He will have good reason to be unhappy with Barcelona squandering chance after chance in a game where they should have scored alot more goals. David Villa looked particuarly vacant in this match and his performance will have disappointed his manager. Javier Mascherano who's currently filling in at centreback at the moment due to a long standing injury to Carles Puyol also didin't perform at his best, often losing his marker and allowing Genk's fowards Elyaniv Barda and Jelle Vossen the opportunity to attack the Barcelona goal.

The only goal of the game was scored by
Cesc Fàbregas who looked sharp and scrapped well for the goal. It came after some long-winded build up play between, Gylfi Sigurðsson, Iker Muniain and the goal scorer Fabregas himself. After keeping the ball and enjoying the lions share of possession it ended up with Sigurðsson laying the ball into Fabregas' path just inside the box. The Spanish international didn't hesitate and struck the ball down low into the Genk goal.

scaled.php

27th July 2011
Pre-Season Friendly
Matchday 3
Stade Constant Vanden Stock

scaled.php

A vintage dispaly from the
Blaugrana which will have lifted Guardiola's spirits and shown him just what his team are capable of. It was Gerard Deulofeu and Lionel Messi who really stole the show today as both played really well and both grabbed themselves a goal. Deulofeu's display will have impressed the Barcelona fans as it seems the club has unearthed another Spanish sensation from within their now world famous youth system. Obviously Deulofeu will not be judged on this one performance alone but over the course of the season. What the fans have seen of him in this match though has excited them

Daniel Alves and
Gerard Piqué grabbed the other two goals of the game and played with real determination and strength at the back today. Víctor Valdés played well despite conceding two goals but will be looking to keep a clean sheet in Barcelona's last Pre-Season Friendly.

scaled.php

1st August 2011
Pre-Season Friendly
Matchday 4
Jules Ottenstadion

15:00

scaled.php

Once again Barcelona enjoyed another victory as they finally look to be back to their best. Although their opponent is somewhat of an average standing, it's games like these that you need in order to evaluate how good your team really is. Guardiola will be confident that his team is now nearing full fitness and that after winning these four friendly's their confidence is now high too. Lionel Messi once again looked fantastic and with every touch of the ball looked to create a dangerous passage of play.

Once again Guardiola played some younger players in his squad and after Cristian Tello and Isaac Cuenca scored their goals he will know he made the right decision placing his trust in the youngsters. Both played out on the wings and looked to link up well with the players around them and with each other. Xavi who captained the side looked extremely strong and commanding. Eric Abidal who looked short of fitness still put in a strong performance and capped off his display as Man Of the Match.

scaled.php

Barcelona leave Belgium undefeated from their four Pre-Season Friendly's and will be brimming with confidence as they now turn their attentions to the Spanish Supercup where they will play Real Madrid and the European Supercup where they will face off against FC Porto. Guardiola will be hoping that he can start the season off with a win over their Madrid based rivals and capture a trophy before the campaign even kicks off. The club will also be strong favourites to lift the European Supercup too.

With many exciting times to come it looks like it could just be another magical year for Barcelona!

Last edited:
Nice work! Lucas Andersen is one of my favourite signings on fm 12 - he turns into a beast! Love the presentation - I thought about typing lots on my story but I am too lazy! lol

As for being Barca it doesnt matter if you win everything as long as you enjoy it! lol.

What formation are you going to play and are you going to keep it through the whole club like they do in real life?

Also Lasuen of Baskonia (Bilbao C team) is a 5 star gk coach if you need one!

Nice work! Lucas Andersen is one of my favourite signings on fm 12 - he turns into a beast! Love the presentation - I thought about typing lots on my story but I am too lazy! lol

As for being Barca it doesnt matter if you win everything as long as you enjoy it! lol.

What formation are you going to play and are you going to keep it through the whole club like they do in real life?

Also Lasuen of Baskonia (Bilbao C team) is a 5 star gk coach if you need one!

Im using a similar tactic to there real life one, Xavi is my playmaker who is near on achieving 100 passes a game, something Sigurdsson can do aswell and should be amazing at after some tutoring. I'll check that coach out when I'm at home, at work ATM.

Spanish Super Cup

Prediction%2BReal%2BMadrid%2Bvs%2BBarcelona%2B(Spanish%2BSuper%2BCup%2B2011).jpg

El Clásico acts as the Spanish leagues official curtain raiser this year as Barcelona take on Real Madrid in the Spanish Super Cup. It gives Josep Guardiola and José Mourinho the chance to battle it out once again and to claim the bragging rights to take into the start of the season. Both managers will be desperately seeking to claim the Cup and both managers have been involved in heated bust up's on the touchline in former El Clásico's. Mourinho even went as far as jabbing his finger into the Barcelona assistant manager Tito Vilanova's eye.

Both teams who are often left battling it out for the domestic title too will be more than aware of the others strengths and weakness' and these two upcoming games should provide satisfyingly good entertainment. Due to the rivaly the clubs share, recent
El Clásico's have often seen fiery performances from players on both sides, both managers will have to warn their players to keep their cool in these games.

Guardiola: Mourinho Acts Like A Small Child

Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola was responding to journalists in the Super Cup pre-match press conference when he compared Real Madrid manager José Mourinho to a small child. Asked whether he agreed with the Madrid managers eccentric match day antics the Barcelona chief responded by likining Mourinho to a minor. Stating that Mourinho reminded him of a small boy who ran around like a headless chicken after his team win a game, Guardiola mentioned that he himself had no time for child like behaviour and that he would always act like a true professional and as an adult. Guardiola carried on his scathing attack on the Real Madrid boss by adding that when Real Madrid lose Mourinho again acts like a small child by refusing to speak to the media and by throwing an outrageous strop. Guardiola again compared his own attitude to Mourinho's claiming that he'll always talk to the media after a win, a draw or a loss.

scaled.php

-----------------------------------------------------------

14th August 2011
Spanish Super Cup
Leg 1
Santiago Bernabéu

scaled.php

The Barcelona fans would have started off watching this match from behind their hands as Real Madrid romped to a two nil lead within the first fifteen minutes which made uncomfortable watching for the travelling away fans. Xavi Alonso scored in the eighth minute to give Madrid an early advantage. Minutes later Kaká was on the scoresheet scoring a fine header from a well taken Alonso corner. José Mourinho was in ecstacy and was visibly gleeful parading up and down the dugout with a huge smile plastered on his face.

The second half however was a different story and Mourinho's smile was soon wiped off by some good Barcelona play ending up with the Blaugrana levelling the match and earning back some pride which they had lost in the first half. Lionel Messi scored from the edge of the box with a delicate shot which sailed into the far corner beating Iker Casillas. Barcelona's second goal was from some more decent play. Substitue
Iker Muniain earned his team a freekick which he took quickly, the ball then found itself in the path of David Villa who scored a screamer from around 35 yards out. This match now leaves everything hanging on the second leg and will not really have given the fans an answer as to who maybe the dominant team this year in La Liga.

scaled.php

All Or Nothing, Who Will Win The Spanish Super Cup

It looks like the Spanish Super Cup first leg hasn't really shown us who will be the more dominant team this season in La Liga. Both Madrid and Mourinho's men played well and each team claimed a more dominant half. Lionel Messi and David Villa shone for Barcelona and took their goals extremely well showing the whole world why they hold their status as being two of the best players in the world right now.

For Madrid it was undoubtedly good to see
Kaká playing and playing well. The Brazillian playmaker has been dogged by injuries in his time at the club and when he has been fit to play his form has generally let him down. It seems that he could be back to his best though as he excelled in this game. Mourinho will want Cristiano Ronaldo back to his best as he didin't have the best of games against Barcelona and wasted some important opportunities.

scaled.php

17th August 2011
Spanish Super Cup
Leg 2
Camp Nou
22:00

scaled.php

There was one mans name on everybodies lips after this game and that name was José Mourinho. The Portuguese manager who saw his team fall to a mighty Barcelona performance was sent to the stands during the match and then after deployed a media blackout and then arrogantly ordered his team to leave the field as Barcelona celebrated winning the cup. The match however was an enjoyable one with both teams testing each other out early on. Víctor Valdés was in good form and made some great acrobatic saves to keep his side level early on. Cristiano Ronaldo was Madrid's main man today and caused havoc in the Barcelona defence It seems his manager may have had a word about his performance in the first leg.

As much as Ronaldo was making a nuisance of himself for Real, Lionel Messi was doing the same for the Blaugrana deceiving the Madrid backline with clever trickery and perfect passing. It was Messi who's performance won the game, the young Argentinian slid in a simple shot to make the score one nil in the fifty eighth minute and again popped up with a free header in the seventy third minute. Guardiola who looked chuffed on the sidelines has already picked up some silverware before his team has really even begun the campaign. The Spanish magician looked delighted but when asked what he thought about Mourinho's decision to leave the field his mood soon changed. He explained that his earlier press conference explained what he thought of the Madrid manager and that this unsportman like gesture is just further evidence of how unsportsmanlike the Real Madrid manager is.

scaled.php

Next Up European Super Cup

Last edited:

European Super Cup

2011-08-23-16-47-30-3-barcelona-vs-porto-first-met-in-the-197374-uefa-c.jpeg

FC Porto will be the underdogs in this game where many place Barcelona at overwhelming odds to win. Josep Guardiola will want his team to stay focused and not let the recent win over Real Madrid affect them. Guardiola has always led his club in the upmost manner and the squad has never suffered from arrogance or cockiness. Porto will test Barcelona and will definately not be taking part just to make up the numbers.

Both clubs who won their respective European competitions last year will be hoping to take the trophy back home with them. Wherever the trophy ends up going to Spain or Portugal we are all going to be in for a spectacular game.

Vítor Pereira: Our Aim Is To Score First

Porto manager Vitor Pereira discussed his teams aim for the forthcoming European Super Cup match which see's his Porto side take on Pep Guardiola's Barcelona. Sat alonside his commanding striker Hulk, Pereira explained that his side would have to score first and defend for their lives if they were to have any chance of beating the Blaugrana. Pereira explained that after watching many tapes of recent Barcelona games he felt that Guardiola's current crop of stars is potentially Barcelona's best ever team. He went on to say that the only way to beat a superior team is to score first, defend like crazy and hope that luck is on your side.

Pereira who will be taking charge of his first competitive game for Porto will be showcasing his squad against Europe's very best and with former Porto manager André Villas-Boas creating a strong outfit, Pereira will be somewhat grateful that he has inherited a strong Porto side.

scaled.php

-----------------------------------------------------------

26th August 2011
European Super Cup
Stade Louis II

scaled.php

Vitor Pereira who had previously said that a team sometimes needs a bit of luck to win tough games will feel that lady luck somewhat abandoned him today. FC Porto did indeed score first but due to an infraction in the box involving James Rodriguez it was chalked off. From then on Porto looked to drop their heads afterwards and were all too often defending in their own half. Barcelona looked good from set pieces and Javier Mascherano got the Blaugrana's first goal, heading in from a Gylfi Sigurðsson corner. Barcelona's second came five minutes after their opener and in similar circumstances to the first goal except it was Sergio Busquets who headed in.

After the break Porto resumed their inferiority and spent another forty-five minutes defending in their own half. They did manage a few counter attacks but they were undone by Barcelona's tight defending. Iker Muniain grabbed the third goal of the game and deserved it due to a great performance. Pedro scored the final goal of the game as he weaved his way through the Porto defence and sweeped the ball past Helton and into an empty net.
Barcelona have now already won their second trophy of the campaign and will be looking to use this win and the win over Real Madrid as a catalyst for the upcoming La Liga season.

scaled.php

Champions League group to be decided soon

Nice start in beating Real and Porto. Thats the way to get the fans/board to like you! Are you using an old patch as I thought you wouldnt be able to get Sigurdsson when he is on loan at Swansea.

Love the detail you are going into - my story looks **** compared to yours! lol

Your story isn't ****. Yeah it's an older patch.

Champions League Group Stages Drawn

uefa-champions-league-logo-140x105.jpg

It's that time again where all this years top thirty-two teams in Europe keep a watchful eye on who they are paired up with against in the Champions League Group Stages. Top teams like Barcelona, Manchester United, Inter Milan and Bayern Munich will all want to be avoided by lower level clubs as they have the experience in this competition to crush smaller opposition. Manchester City who will make their debut appearance in this form of the competition are another team that will want to be avoided.

scaled.php

As the draw edges ever closer, the whole of Europe will be eagerly anticipating who their beloved team end up with in their respective group. SK Sturm Graz, Trabzonspor, Oțelul Galați, Dinamo and Basel will all be hoping for kind draws and that they can progress through to the knockout stages even though they may not perhaps be expected to do so.

GROUPS

scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php

With the groups having been drawn, Europe can now sit back discuss the fallout from who their team has been paired with. Real Madrid have been given a kind draw and will be favourites to qualify from Group A as Chelsea and Arsenal will be from Groups B and C. AC Milan have been paired up with Bayern Munich and will have to fight it out with the German giants in Group D to claim first place. Group E will see Rangers try and progress through to the Knockout Stages but they will face competition from the beaten European Super Cup finalists FC Porto, Villareal and Dinamo. Man Utd face off against Napoli, Shakhtar and Lille in Group F which could be a tricky group for the English Champions to qualify from.
SK Sturm Graz will face off against the current holders Barcelona in Group G along with Marseille and Bayern Leverkusen. Group H is the most intriguing group which will see German champions Dortmund face off against Inter Milan and Machester City, this has alreay been named the Group Of Death which could see any of the four teams involved qualify.

Iniesta: We'll Retain Champions League Crown

scaled.php

Speaking at the European Group Stages draw, Barcelona stalwart Andrés Iniesta stated that his team would be focused on this years Champions League title defence. Barcelona have luckily been handed a kind draw and according to Iniesta his team will get through this stage of the competition through determination and strength. He also suggested that Real Madrid, Manchester United, Inter Milan and Bayern Munich would be the clubs he would fear meeting the most as they all have the experience and pedigree to win the competition. The Spain International who will be hoping to win this competition again will play a huge part in determining if Barcelona can indeed reclaim the Champions League trophy.

Yeah I know. I'm hoping City go into the Europa!

August 2011

• [*=center]La Liga Commences
    [*=center]Iker Muniain & Gylfi Sigurðsson make competitive debuts
    [*=center]Iker Muniain & Gylfi Sigurðsson score on debuts
    [*=center]Real Madrid draw season opener against Getafe

After having played in the Spanish Super Cup and European Super Cup, Barcelona are left with one remaining game this month which is their first La Liga game of the season against Villareal. Pep Guardiola who has already enjoyed the perfect start to the season will now want to start the La Liga campaign off with a bang. Villareal however will provide tough competition and possess skilled players in the shape of Giussepe Rossi and Cristian Zapata. The Blaugrana are expected to field a strong team as Guardiola looks to start the seaosn off with three points.

------------------------------------------

28th August 2011
La Liga
Matchday 1
Camp Nou
18:00

scaled.php

The Blaugrana's season defienately started off with a bang. Villareal will be extremely impressed with their performance and will feel extremely proud to have pushed Barcelona all the way. They did however fall behind in the sixteenth minutes when Cristian Zapata miskicked into his own net. The Villareal defender tried to clear from a Cristian Tell shot but misread the balls speed and gave Barca the lead. Zapata did make amends moments later as he scored his teams equaliser and thus cancelling out his earlier mistake.

In the second half Guardiola's men really looked to shake things up and they certainly did as in the forty-ninth minute Iker Muniain scored his first competitive goal for the club, spooning in a shot which had fallen to him from a David Villa through ball. The youngster looked delighted and sent the Blaugrana fans to there feet. Jaroslav Plasil equalised for Villareal who were keeping up with the Spanish Champions and playing well. It was however Cristian Zapata who decided the outcome of the match as he swiped away a Lionel Messi and felled the Argentiain who had only been on the pitch for about five minutes.
Gylfi Sigurðsson who was also playing in his competitive debut scored from the spot and sent Camp Nou wild. The match ended with Barca claiming the three points but Josep Guardiola will know his team were lucky!

scaled.php

Guardiola who has now been through the whole of August with a one hundred percent record will be looking to carry on the success in September. Barcelona will play their first European game of the season next month and will be looking foward to a new adventure in Europe. So far it looks like the Blaugrana' new signings will become important players for the club as both players have shown what they can do with a ball.

------------------------------------------

Barcelona's Player Of The Month - Iker Muniain

scaled.php

Iker Muniain wins the clubs Player Of The Month Award and thouroughly deserves it after arriving at Barcelona and fitting in exceptionally well within the club. The young Spanish player looks like he will become a Barcelona fan favourite and has already been compared to previous Blaugrana greats.

Last edited:
Why is Muniain trying to lick Xavi's ear? lol. Also why were Sanchez, Messi and Iniesta on the bench? Zapata had a fun game!

Why is Muniain trying to lick Xavi's ear? lol. Also why were Sanchez, Messi and Iniesta on the bench? Zapata had a fun game!

Lol it took me ages to do that pic lol. I wanted to see how Muniain and Tello performed in a competitive League match.

Back