Barcelona - The Catalan Club

• Thread starter Thread starter Tobe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 16K
Lol it took me ages to do that pic lol. I wanted to see how Muniain and Tello performed in a competitive League match.

Ah I see. Brave decision as Villarreal are half decent. Have no worries about Muniain he will perform (unless its against Osasuna grrr)

Did you check out that gk coach? I still had to pay compo for him at Bilbao even though he was employed by my c team - thought I could just move him like the players. Never mind only cost 30k.

Do you pay much attention to Barca B like sign players just for them or do you make Eusebio make all the decisions? I am trying to get my B team promoted (failed in play-offs last season but are top with Barca B currently)

Ah I see. Brave decision as Villarreal are half decent. Have no worries about Muniain he will perform (unless its against Osasuna grrr)

Did you check out that gk coach? I still had to pay compo for him at Bilbao even though he was employed by my c team - thought I could just move him like the players. Never mind only cost 30k.

Do you pay much attention to Barca B like sign players just for them or do you make Eusebio make all the decisions? I am trying to get my B team promoted (failed in play-offs last season but are top with Barca B currently)

I havent done at the moment will check the coach out later. Jan I will sign youngsters for my B team. Any suggestions?

My usual young signings are Plamen Iliev, Niang, Marco Verratti, Lucas Andersen, Nika Kvekveskiri, Giuseppe Prestia, Romario and Spanish wise Alex Serrano, Saul, Moises and Vadillo but I do recommend Iliev as he is a good keeper and can usually get him for 500k and sell him for 4-5m later even if he hasnt played

My usual young signings are Plamen Iliev, Niang, Marco Verratti, Lucas Andersen, Nika Kvekveskiri, Giuseppe Prestia, Romario and Spanish wise Alex Serrano, Saul, Moises and Vadillo but I do recommend Iliev as he is a good keeper and can usually get him for 500k and sell him for 4-5m later even if he hasnt played

ill look in to them tonight, there's a few suprises for September, one player really excelling and scoring ALOT. Lost a game aswell before you all think we're cruising. Lol

Oh and bring back Ruben Rochina! I always used to sign him for anyone for £1.5m as he was a great squad player

Oh and bring back Ruben Rochina! I always used to sign him for anyone for £1.5m as he was a great squad player

Cool I'm gunna look at Romeu aswell. He looks good. Busquests replacement. Thinking Javi Martinez though too!

Cool I'm gunna look at Romeu aswell. He looks good. Busquests replacement. Thinking Javi Martinez though too!

Check your buy back clauses and you should be able to get Bojan for £13m and Romeu for £10m I think

Check your buy back clauses and you should be able to get Bojan for £13m and Romeu for £10m I think

Wikid I'll def go for Romeu, never been a fan of Bojan. Niang is a good shout and I'll go for Ocampos and Iturbe aswell

September 2011

• [*=center]Gylfi Sigurðsson scores his way into the Barcelona fans hearts
    [*=center]Valencia stun a lacklustre Blaugrana side
    [*=center]The European Champions League gets underway
    [*=center]Real Madrid struggle in La Liga's opening month
    [*=center]Barcelona ravaged by injuries - David Villa, Gerard Piqué, Javier Mascherano and Iker Muniain all out for a number of weeks

September hasn't been the easiest of months for Barcelona and their manager Josep Guardiola will feel that his team could be performing slightly better. However the club has been riddled with injuries this month with four key players sidelined for at least a few weeks if not more. David Villa and Gerard Piqué have both pulled hamstrings, Iker Muniain has fractured his ribs and Javier Mascherano has a fractured wrist. With the amount of injuries piling it up at the moment it means Barcelona have been forced to play some of their fringe players. Guardiola will be anxiously awaiting the return of his players and looking foward to having a fully strong squad to work with again.

scaled.php

------------------------------------------

11th September 2011
La Liga
Matchday 2
Anoeta Stadium
18:00

scaled.php

Barcelona start off September just like they ended August able to attack but failing to defend well. Barcelona who look dangerous from set plays scored two early goals from two different dead ball situations.
Gylfi Sigurðsson scored from just outside the box in the seventh minute with a beautifully taken freekick and Carlos Puyol scored a thumping header from a Fabregas corner in the nineteenth minute. Iñigo Martínez seemed to reinvigorate Real Sociedad with a powerful header of his own as his team looked to settle into the game.

Barcelona appeared for the second half with Lionel Messi in the team who had replaced Cesc Fabregas who unfortuantely was the man to make way for the Argentinian maestro, Messi immediately made his prescence felt as he crossed in a delightful ball into the Sociedad box which was met by the head of Sergio Busquets who looked confident in the air. Sociedad grabbed a late consolation goal but couldn't grab a third to tie with the champions.

scaled.php

14th September 2011
Champions League
Group G - Matchday 1
Camp Nou
19:45

scaled.php

With Lionel Messi in the starting squad for Barcelona's opening Champions League match, Guardiola looked like he was expecting a tough match from the German team. It certainly was a tough game which saw the physicality of Leverkusen maul Barcelona's Tiki-Taki passing play. Gerard Piqué and David Villa both suffered the same injury and came off with pulled hamstrings in this crunching game, both look likely to be out for 'weeks'. Guardiola who is usually a calming force on the sidelines was under no illusions about how he felt about the German's rough display, often gesturing to the fourth official and in constand discussion with him too.

Michal Kadlec and Michael Ballack both scored for Leverkusen, frightening the Blaugrana fans into thinking that their side would be wiped out of the game. Their were however welcome heroics by Lionel Messi who scored after some spectacular dribbling and then unleashing a powerful shot into the top corner He then went on to set up
Gylfi Sigurðsson who scored from a long range low drive.

scaled.php

17th September 2011
La Liga
Matchday 3
Camp Nou
22:00

scaled.php

Barcelona will be cursing lady luck as Iker Muniain who was deputising for the injured David Villa was today injured and ruled out for five weeks. The young Spaniard who managed to score in the game will be hoping that the time he spends on the injury table will not hinder his chances in the future. Osasuna who didn't really have any dominant possession weren't much of a match for Barca and seemed happy to see the referee blow his whistle for full time.

Gylfi Sigurðsson scored his third goal in as many games for his new club and it seems the youngster who was relatively unknown in Spain is now making a name for himself in La Liga. Alexis Sánchez also grabbed himself a goal after some great link up play with Rafinha Alcantara who had come on to replace Lionel Messi

scaled.php

20th September 2011
La Liga
Matchday 4
Mestalla Stadium

scaled.php

The Mestalla which can hold an acidic atmosphere was certainly a cauldron of excitement in this match, especially as Valencia bossed the game and made the Blaugrana look average. Valencia's Jonas gave Los Che the lead and from then on they never looked like losing to an out of sorts Barcelona. Jérémy Mathieu put Valencia two ahead just before half time with some simple passing and a decisive shot.

Guardiola sent his team out early for the second half and it had been reported that he wasn't happy with his underperforming team at all. Guardiola even went as far as sending on some youngsters to show his experienced stars that they are not safe in his team if they play poorly. The youngsters brought on included Lucas Andersen and Kiko Femenia, both were unable to really make a difference in the game and it was only from another long range
Gylfi Sigurðsson goal that Barcelona claimed a consolation goal.

scaled.php

24th September 2011
La Liga
Matchday 5
Camp Nou

scaled.php

Barcelona bounced back from their defeat to Valencia in style as they tore into Atletico Madrid like men possessed. Guardiola had issued a press statement earlier before the game claiming that he had spoken to his players about their performance's and that they are all now playing for their starting positions. He also added that he will be taking advantage of Gylfi Sigurðsson's new found goal scoring achievements and grooming the midfielder in an advanced midfielder.

The young Icelandic midfielder didn't disappoint as it was
Sigurðsson who scored the first two goals of the game. The first a simple tap in from a corner and the second a simple shot from inside the box. Alexis Sánchez grabbed his second goal of the month as he scored the best goal of the game curling a 15 yard shot into the top right corner of the Atletico goal.

scaled.php

27th September 2011
Champions League
Group G - Matchday 2
UPC Arena
19:45

scaled.php

Barcelona needed to beat the Group G's expected whipping boys and duely delivered a vital win for the fans. Sturm Graz looked dangerous in sporadic spells of the game but were nothing short of woeful in their attempts at shooting. The Blaugrana however forced Mario Haas the Sturm Graz striker into scoring an own goal from a Barcelona corner. The Spanish champions never looked back from then onwards and dominated the game.

Rafinha Alcantara who had been selected in the starting eleven scored on his first full start for the club and looked delighted to have scored. Guardiola also looked delighted that his young striker had scored. Usual suspect Gylfi Sigurðsson scored the last goal and made it six goals in six games which will undoubtedly impress his manager, the fans and many people in the footballing world.

scaled.php

La Liga Table

Valencia's win against Barcelona has propelled them into top spot while the Blaugrana sit just below them in second place. Mallorca sit just above Athletic in third place, while Granada somewhat suprisingly sit in fifth place. Real Madrid sit in ninth place but will undoubtedly rise as the weeks go on. They have won two games and drawn three so still remain unbeaten though.

scaled.php

Champions League Group

The Blaugrana sit in second place just above Marseille and will want to pounce on top spot and remove Leverkusen in the next few weeks. The much coveted top spot which gives you the advantage of playing a second placed qualifying team from any group and the chance to play the second leg at home in the Kockout stages will be what Barcelona's goal is.

scaled.php

Barcelona's Player Of The Month -
Gylfi Sigurðsson

scaled.php

Gylfi Sigurðsson has scored six goals in six games to make him Barcelona's, Player Of The Month

Last edited:
****** nora - wonder if Sigurdsson has Basque nationality lol

Great story mate! Definatly following:). Your defiantly one of my inspirations in my A Potters Story

Just read through all the updates, big fan of the story and love the layout and effort you are putting into each update, keep it up man!

Just read through all the updates, big fan of the story and love the layout and effort you are putting into each update, keep it up man!

Thanks buddy. I hope you keep reading on and commenting.

Kiko Femenia: This Is My Season

Kiko Femenia who has been experiencing his first taste of first team football this year at Barcelona has come out on Twitter and thanked his manager for giving him the chance to show that he can make it at the European champions. Learning from Daniel Alves it seem's that Femenia is picking up the basics quickly and has looked accomplished in the matches he has played so far.

Femenia joined from Hercules a few seasons back and had so far only been limited to Barcelona B outings until this season where Guardiola has now given him the the opportunity to play for the first team. With Barcelona lacking full backs it has been reported that Guardiola is testing the youngster out to see whether he needs to sign anyone in the winter Transfer Window.

scaled.php

Femenia who possess' great speed and great vision certainly compliments the Barcelona team and already looks to have a place in it for the foreseeable future. He does however lack strength and he will most definately have to work on this area of his game.

TwitterLogo1.gif

@KikoFemeniaF15

" I am so happy to be in the Barcelona first team with Cristian and Isaac, I hope we can make history together and win trophies. Thanks to God, Bless Blaugrana!! "

Kiko will be hoping to get a bit more game time in the coming months and will have to take these opportunities to impress his manager.

Back