Barcelona - The Catalan Club

• Thread starter Thread starter Tobe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 16K
I normally have him in the u19s for 2 seasons while giving him the odd game - loan him out the 3rd and have him in the 1st team the next season. He is at Ajax in my game doing not too bad

Guardiola: It's Too Early For Andersen, I Made A Mistake

Josep Guardiola has admitted that he has chosen the wrong option in the bid to improve his summer signing Lucas Andersen. The young Danish starlet has been used sparing in the first team so far this season but hasn't impressed and if anything looks extremely out of his depth. Guardiola's comments could stem from a recent match against Granada where the youngster missed and open goal and had his shot saved from five yards out. Guardiola has now stated that he shouldn't have introduced Andersen to the first team so prematurely and has admitted that due to the youngsters age (17) his experience needs to increase. The Spanish mastermind who doesn't usually get much wrong has taken full responsibility and praised the lad for his attitude. Lucas Andersen has now been moved down to the Barcelona Under 19's squad where he is expected to perform well, especially after having played with the first team for a number of months.

scaled.php

Andersen who has now admitted to finding it tough in the first team has stated that he knew he had been underperforming and is now glad that he can get some regular football at a level he will be more accustomed too. He is expected to flourish in the Under 19's league and having trained and played for the first team the experience he has gained will be invaluable. Playing as an out and out striker it shouldn't be long before Andersen can finally find the net for the club... even if it is for the under 19's. Andersen will be closly monitored by many at the club and when his time is due he will inevitably be given a second chance in the first team.

Great up date bud. Andersen should be better with a bit more nurture in the youth set up. Great month and good job in Europe... Just! Lol

He will come good - always does - although never first choice in any of my saves he usually finds himself being my back up AMC or AMR but stilll would get 30-40 apps a season. If done right I have seen him have that magical word "wonderkid" in his player profile

He will come good - always does - although never first choice in any of my saves he usually finds himself being my back up AMC or AMR but stilll would get 30-40 apps a season. If done right I have seen him have that magical word "wonderkid" in his player profile

Scored a hat trick on u19's debut. Lol different level of play though hoping from his first team experience he'll rip up the youth league.

Iñigo Martínez: Barcelona Want Me

It's been reported that Real Sociedad defender
Iñigo Martínez has admitted that he has been in contact with representatives of Barcelona football club. The news has filtered out of a few media sources of which Marca is the most noteable. The national sports newspaper which has picked up on an interview the young Spanish midfielder held with local press has now splashed the story all over Spain. It is not clear if this story is indeed true and little information has been detailed. Barcelona, Real Sociedad and Martínez are all yet to respond to the news but it seem's that if a deal is to be done Real Sociedad would ask for an amount in the region of twelve million for their up and coming defender.

scaled.php

Martínez who has already played fifteen games for Sociedad and scored in two of them has impressed in Spain and it seem's the reported interest in Barcelona could be more than just a rumour. Guardiola who likes to keep his squad full of home grown players could very well see Martínez as an ideal replacement for Puyol when the Blaugrana legend finally decides to hang up his boots.

Barcelona who have played in patches this season will also be looking for a player of a certain standard and it seems
Martínez may fit the bill. He possess great strength and in the games he has played so far a tremendous amount of determination and bravery

if u ever want a screenie put up of how a player looks like in my game just let me know. I did give Igor Martinez a couple of caps ages ago

if u ever want a screenie put up of how a player looks like in my game just let me know. I did give Igor Martinez a couple of caps ages ago

Cool can ya post one. if I nab him I'll get him trained by Puyol and give him some first team experience x

Cool can ya post one. if I nab him I'll get him trained by Puyol and give him some first team experience x

Here he is. Looks decent although I prefer San Jose of course! (My first 4 CBs for Spain are Pique, San Jose, Alvaro Dominguez and Ezequiel Munoz)
View attachment 234341

Hey everyone I'm on my stag weekend this weekend so I won't be updating for a while. Please feel free to leave comments on how you feel the story is going. It will be a nice suprise to read when I'm back. Will update when I'm back... If i'm back... GULP!

CRASH DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't swear for risk of being banned. But FU***** ****!

I just read about backing up a save a few days ago. Went on my stag do ready to update and now this... Takes the flippin P***

Sorry Guys

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

December 2011

• [*=center]Barcelona defeat the underperforming Real Madrid
    [*=center]Barcelona drawn with Córdoba in Copa Del Rey 5th Round
    [*=center]The Club World Cup Competition Commences, Barcelona face Monterry & Santos
    [*=center]Lucas Andersen Finally Scores
    [*=center]The Blaugrana turn their attentions to the January Transfer Market

The festive season has definately arrived in Spain and it seem's Barcelona have received everything they could ever have asked Father Christmas for. They have been handed another kind draw in the Copa Del Rey where they will face Córdoba in the 5th round. They have also beaten their fierce rivals Real Madrid in a closely fought game. Lionel Messi's form has returned to being as good as ever and the club still lead La Liga.

The Blaugrana have also qualified for the Champions League Knockout Stages coming second from their group and they will play Olympique Lyonnais in the Knockout Stages.

scaled.php

------------------------------------------

4th December 2011
La Liga
Matchday - 14
Camp Nou
20:00

scaled.php

A spirited Levante side played valiantly as they almost earned a point out of this tough match. The Blaugrana who were frustrated during large periods of the match couldn't break down their opponents and once again looked to be falling into old habits. Lucas Andersen was called up for this game and looked to be sharper than in previous weeks; his development in the youth setup looks to be giving him more confidence.

It was however Iker Muniain who broke the deadlock and earned Barcelona the three points as he leaped onto the end of a Kiko Femenia cross and struck the ball into the top left corner. The home fans who were beginning to get a little bit anxious were relieved when they saw the youngsters goal sail in.

scaled.php

7th December 2011
Champions League
Group G - Matchday 6
Camp Nou
19:45

scaled.php

Guardiola will be hugely relieved after watching his side stomp over a courageous SK Sturm Graz Side which now sees his team qualify from their Champions League group and sail into the Knockout Stages of the competition. Lionel Messi stole the show scoring two excellent goals of which the first was a delicately placed chip which looked easy on the eye.

Messi who has enjoyed an indifferent start to the season now looks to be enjoying his football again and seem's more confident in a more attacking position. Guardiola gave him a free role in this game and he certainly relished the freedom given to him. The whole squad looked more confident and in general Barcelona looked strong, confident and dangerous.

scaled.php

10th December 2011
La Liga
Matchday - 15
Santiago Bernabéu
22:00

scaled.php

In a fiery encounter it seemed these two rival were hellbent on earning the win in this game. A total of eleven yellow cards were dished out and Nuri Sahin saw red for a vicious tackle mid-way through the second half. The mouth watering tie certainly provided entertainment to the fullest as both sides went for the jugular. Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo looked dangerous all game and nearly scored just before half time but Valdes saved his shot and kept Barcelona level.

Gylfi Sigurðsson scored the eventual winner just before full time with a well taken freekick which just crept in past Iker Casillas. Madrid who had looked the stronger side were left vulnerable when Nuri Sahin was dismissed for flying in two footed on David Villa, this left the ten men of Madrid chasing shadows as Barcelona took full advantage of the extra man.

scaled.php

15th December 2011
Club World Championship
Semi Final
Yokohama Stadium

scaled.php

Instead of Barcelona enjoying the winter break that Spanish football has to offer the Catalan club were in Japan ready to fight for another trophy, the Club World Championship. The Blaugrana who had been paired up with Monterry looked more dominant in nearly ever area of the pitch. The Mexican club were easily dispatched of and probably deserved to lose by a few more goals.

Thiago Alcantara claimed the Man Of The Match award and impressed again as he looks to claim for a first team regular spot. The Spainsh starlet scored from close range but his display of passing and tackling were the main highlights of his impressive performance.

scaled.php

18th December 2011
Club World Championship
Final
Yokohama Stadium

scaled.php

An extremely gritty match which saw the current European champions pushed all the way in a game which sapped all the energy from the players. Neymar, Ganso and Elano played extremely well for Santos often causing havoc for the Spanish team and it was Neymar who broke the deadlock in the first half of extra-time. The Brazillian maestro struck a casual shot into the Blaugrana goal after Valdes had slipped trying to scurry accorss to the oncoming striker.

Luckily Barcelona's blushes were saved two minutes from the end as Durval nodded in an own goal from a Barcelona corner, the Santos defender panicked and blundered by sticking the ball past his own keeper. Durval was also later further embarrased as it was his decisive penalty miss which secured the win for Barcelona in the shootout. Barcelona will be wondering just how they managed to win the Club World Championship and Santos will know they nearly produced a famous giant killing.

scaled.php

21st december 2011
Copa Del Rey
5th Round - Leg 1
Nuevo Arcángel

scaled.php

Barcelona followed up their recent World Club Championship win by ensuring that they would more than likely be progressing in another competion. Córdoba who looked bewildered by the oncoming Barcelona superstars were overpowered, outmaneuvered and out thought in this one sided game.

Lucas Andersen finally grabbed his first goal in Barcelona colours and looked overjoyed with himself. The young Danish striker who has been training with the under 19's the majority of the time found himself in the first team for this match and will have been pleased to have been selected. Eric Abidal got himself on the scoresheet too by scoring a rare goal to cap off a great performance by him.

scaled.php

La Liga Table

Barcelona cement their place at the top of La Liga for the moment and have a game in hand over second placed Valencia. Sevilla who are enjoying a strong season have climbed above the underperforming Real Madrid who sit fourth and look to be going through a very bad patch at the moment. Rayo who sit bottom look odds on favourite to be relegated.

scaled.php

Champions League Group

Barcelona made it difficult for themselves but have qualified in front of Leverkusen to send them through to the latter stages of the competition. The Germans will have to make do with a place in the Europa League.

scaled.php

Barcelona's Player Of The Month - Lionel Messi

scaled.php

Messi has played superbly and has filled his team with confidence this month.

HaHa April Fools! I Know I'm a day late! Lol. I've still got this save.

HaHa April Fools! I Know I'm a day late! Lol. I've still got this save.[/QUOTE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Whats happening mate? U stopped your story?

Yeah mate, there was no interest so have stopped. Still following yours though.

how do you get photos on here? I have saved photos in word but thats about all i know. I tried to use microsoft office pic manager but it didnt work? please help

Yeah mate, there was no interest so have stopped. Still following yours though.

That cannot be true mate, look on the story of the week thread you get people putting this story on it all the time.

Back