Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had that been Chelsea and United (or any other 2 English teams), UEFA would probably have us banned from European football for years.

The comments here are hilarious...

It was a terribly boring match but that's because RM parked the bus at home again. When you play uber-defensively it makes the match boring...yet somehow that's Barca's fault. Had RM played offensively it would have been an open, exciting match. But they didn't.

There was a good deal of play-acting on both sides, as is the case nowadays in superclasicos these days, but it's funny that all of these fans immediately have forgotten about their own divers and play-acters. It's pretty universal in this sport, and I bet every one of your teams has a diver.

It was a terribly boring match but that's because RM parked the bus at home again. When you play uber-defensively it makes the match boring...yet somehow that's Barca's fault. Had RM played offensively it would have been an open, exciting match. But they didn't.

There was a good deal of play-acting on both sides, as is the case nowadays in superclasicos these days, but it's funny that all of these fans immediately have forgotten about their own divers and play-acters. It's pretty universal in this sport, and I bet every one of your teams has a diver.

both teams were falling everywhere, the playacting was ridiculous by anyones standards, they took it to another level. So yeah think people are well entitled to lay into both sides

Honestly also the conspiracy stuff about Barca is annoying...in the Chelsea match Barca had a legitimate goal called offsides but NO ONE every talks about it. I agree that in that match one of the handballs and one of the penalty claims could have gone either way, but I don't think Chelsea was hard done in that game.

Honestly also the conspiracy stuff about Barca is annoying...in the Chelsea match Barca had a legitimate goal called offsides but NO ONE every talks about it. I agree that in that match one of the handballs and one of the penalty claims could have gone either way, but I don't think Chelsea was hard done in that game.

chelsea were hard done by but there was no conspiracy, just one extremely poor ref

you're a fool if you think chelsea weren't hard done by in the second leg.

of course every team has divers, and players will dive. but falling over, clutching your face when contact was made to your torso, being taken off in a stretcher then two minutes later bombing down the right wing. surrounding the ref, the goalkeeper will run whatever distance, to surround the ref. i mean c'mon.

both teams were falling everywhere, the playacting was ridiculous by anyones standards, they took it to another level. So yeah think people are well entitled to lay into both sides

Yeah I agree it was pretty ridiculous but I think both sides were bad though, not just Barcelona (and pretty much all of the comments are aimed at them).

Also, the reason I wasn't as bothered by it is that when you think about it, it didn't really affect the game too much. There were no unjustifiable penalties (those are what bother me the most in terms of simulation). I thought Arbeloa's yellow was OK since he didn't play the ball. As for Pepe's red, thought it was a bit harsh, but there was that stamp in the box (I think it was on Pedro) that didn't get called.

I agree it was a very disappointing match (though both goals were really enjoyable), but again I really think it has to do with the defensive tactics by RM. You don't see this much playacting/********/fighting/whatever when it's an open game. It's the gritty, defensive, 0-0 games where this type of behavior usually comes out. Both sides were terrible as far as that stuff goes and they're never this bad during the league or other champions league games. So ultimately I think it comes down to the type of game that was played. Had Mourinho decided he could have used some of his offensive power at home to try and grab a victory, I sincerely think the game would have had less bullshit (and it certainly would have been incredibly entertaining). Instead the fans don't get to see that.

I think this scoreline though is the best thing that could have happened. This means that RM absolutely have to attack next game. It's too bad though that it isn't 1-0. At 1-0, RM still has to go for the goal but Barca isn't comfortable enough yet that they'll want to sit on the lead. At 2-0, however, I'm afraid Barca will just play it safe and play boring, defensive football. I hope RM gets an early goal so that it encourages them to attack more.

Also Mourinho's comments are disappointing because he's done this trolling all throughout La Liga this season...he has constantly accused La Liga of trying to give the title to Barca and that the officials are biased against RM and pro-Barca. The other great managers in the game certainly would have criticized Barca for their exaggeration and bitchiness, but they would have taken the defeat much more gracefully.

Yeah I agree it was pretty ridiculous but I think both sides were bad though, not just Barcelona (and pretty much all of the comments are aimed at them).

Also, the reason I wasn't as bothered by it is that when you think about it, it didn't really affect the game too much. There were no unjustifiable penalties (those are what bother me the most in terms of simulation). I thought Arbeloa's yellow was OK since he didn't play the ball. As for Pepe's red, thought it was a bit harsh, but there was that stamp in the box (I think it was on Pedro) that didn't get called.

I agree it was a very disappointing match (though both goals were really enjoyable), but again I really think it has to do with the defensive tactics by RM. You don't see this much playacting/********/fighting/whatever when it's an open game. It's the gritty, defensive, 0-0 games where this type of behavior usually comes out. Both sides were terrible as far as that stuff goes and they're never this bad during the league or other champions league games. So ultimately I think it comes down to the type of game that was played. Had Mourinho decided he could have used some of his offensive power at home to try and grab a victory, I sincerely think the game would have had less bullshit (and it certainly would have been incredibly entertaining). Instead the fans don't get to see that.

I think this scoreline though is the best thing that could have happened. This means that RM absolutely have to attack next game. It's too bad though that it isn't 1-0. At 1-0, RM still has to go for the goal but Barca isn't comfortable enough yet that they'll want to sit on the lead. At 2-0, however, I'm afraid Barca will just play it safe and play boring, defensive football. I hope RM gets an early goal so that it encourages them to attack more.

the diving and whatnot broke up the game even more and arugably got a player sent off. (rewatch the clip above, alevs cons the ref with minimal contact). The problem Jose had is that his attacking players did not work hard enough to make the counter attack work, unlike at inter where even Eto would run all game, so the game became contain instead of counter. Ronaldo just flapped about instead of getting stuck in for the team, part of the reason why i feel messi is the superior player

Status
Not open for further replies.