• Draw

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adebayor:
"For me in a few days I have played three games against Barcelona, and each time we have to play with 10 [men]. That's something I cannot believe and today maybe Pepe committed a foul but I don't think it was a red card and it was difficult for the team,”

"But our belief is still high and we just have to believe that we can do it there [at Camp Nou]."

"Football is a game of men," "Whenever you play against Barcelona, whenever you touch them, they are on the floor crying like a baby. Whenever you make contact in a 50-50 they are on the floor, crying, putting their hand over their face, and their manager, their fans, they are always crying."

"Barcelona are a fantastic club, don't get me wrong, but they have to stop a little bit of that."

"We are here to play football but whenever we go 50-50 they are always on the floor crying."

He's right.

I hope Real can turn this around, they've got nothing to lose so they might aswell go for it. I'd start 2 out of Adebayor, Higuain & Benzema, then have Kaka/Özil behind them, Ronaldo & Di Maria on the flanks and Alonso in the Holding role. Barcelona are truly pathetic though, I don't know how anyone can suggest they're the best team ever when they rely on getting someone sent off in the big games.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

it's getting boring now.

If Pepe deserved red, then Biscuits deserved 2 reds, 3 yellows for the tackle and his acting skills.. This was not from Semi Final game though. Still Biscuits didn't even get a yellow..

229915_1978652542938_1141867215_2353670_2512838_n.jpg

I wonder why, why is Barcelona, the best team in the world, ALWAYS protected by the referees? After the shame of Stamford Bridge, now the shame of the Bernabeu, I just can't swallow stuff like this, they are like Porto, but in UEFA standards, this is a disgrace to all refereeing, altough Chelsea was much more robbed.

After reading a couple pages already about how Pepe's tackle didn't deserve a red, well, I can safely assume English referees are way, way more lenient than in most countries. Maybe not every referee would've sent him off here, but I'm pretty sure 75% would.

After reading a couple pages already about how Pepe's tackle didn't deserve a red, well, I can safely assume English referees are way, way more lenient than in most countries. Maybe not every referee would've sent him off here, but I'm pretty sure 75% would.

Wouldnt have got him sent off in germany or france to be fair, certainly would have got him booked

There is a video link which says Pepe didn't even make a contact. I didn't watch it though as i can't open videos from my work place.

Even if he had made contact, it was hardly red card worthy. Yellow at max. It was not like he caught Alves shin diving at 200 mph. He went for ball and might be bit late so caught him.

But still will check video later then will comment on it.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

In this pic, both have made contact with the ball. How Pepe has got so much blame is beyond me. Maybe coz of his reputation and Alves plays for historic team..

Injusta_expulsion_Pepe.jpg

Wouldnt have got him sent off in germany or france to be fair, certainly would have got him booked

I believe he would've got sent off in France, been waching Ligue 1 this season since ESPN has been showing some of those matches and I've seen players sent off for less.

I believe he would've got sent off in France, been waching Ligue 1 this season since ESPN has been showing some of those matches and I've seen players sent off for less.

Ive seem some stay on for worse, perhaps inconsistency? harsh to send him off but given the nature of the game you could see it coming

There is a video link which says Pepe didn't even make a contact. I didn't watch it though as i can't open videos from my work place.

Even if he had made contact, it was hardly red card worthy. Yellow at max. It was not like he caught Alves shin diving at 200 mph. He went for ball and might be bit late so caught him.

But still will check video later then will comment on it.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

In this pic, both have made contact with the ball. How Pepe has got so much blame is beyond me. Maybe coz of his reputation and Alves plays for historic team..

Injusta_expulsion_Pepe.jpg

Just watched it - there is little to no contact. Alves takes his leg away from Pepe and there seems to be minimal contact, but certainly nowhere near enough to warrant a card. What can I say, can't blame the ref, fooled me completely until I watched it in slo-mo.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Ive seem some stay on for worse, perhaps inconsistency? harsh to send him off but given the nature of the game you could see it coming

Yeah, referees lack consistency everywhere in the world, to be honest.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Here's the vid - the only possible contact that could've existed is between the outside of Pepe's foot, but even then, can't be sure if he touches him. Being harsh, a yellow for going in with studs.

YouTube - Pepe Expulsion Entrada Alves Real Madrid Barcelona Semifinal Champions Stark

I wish Colina was still the referee, I'm pretty sure he'd red carded half of barca's team if they would even dare to get around him and maybe try to "force him to pull out a red". I think he also would pull out a red, but to some of the barca players

If I'm mistaken about Pierluigi Collina, then disregard this post

It's so stupid that Alves was carried of the pitch and later returned and was like nothing happened. He so faked it. He didin't even get hurt badly or maybe even at all. It was minimal contact and a yellow card for coming with studds. Both tried the ball.

Disgusting acting by Barca. Not suprised Mourinho got enough of it..and blasted Barca and finally said what i have been thinking too. Barca have power on and off the pitch. I hope the whole world opened their eyes and saw the real cheating Barca. They are admired around the world..even by non-football fans.

Barca is like Justin Bieber is now. There is real Barcafever at the moment. Wish it would just fade away!

Last edited:
Yea it's disturbing to see people carried off pitch and then return minute or two after fully fit. If you need to be carried off you should be substituted off if substitution is possible. Had some respect on Alves before this match, but it's all gone now.

I feel sorry for the Refs. At full speed, and without close ups, it would of been hard for him to tell if he had made contact or not. The Ref has to go on his first instincts. Which to me when I watch it, was a red card offence because Pepe is lunging and the way Alves went down.
Looking at it in slow-mo is different and the Ref got it wrong. But like i said, It's hard for Refs so can we all stop blaming him?

Well i was shocked by last night's incidents. Well i accept that madrid shsould have never played such ultra defensive tactics at their home turf. But i still believe real deserved to get something from this game. And pepe imo shouldn't have been sent off. The fact is why does this always happen with barca?? Well it seems a task too uphill now for real but i would still have a crack at camp nou and try playing kaka and higuain in the starting eleven.
BTW do you guys think Guardiola is a good manager tactically? I honestly don't think he has got a lot of tactical prowess. Don' get me wrong but i always get the idea that he is the sort of person who can just make a few tactical tweaks and someone not able to deviate from his well known possession football gameplan.

It's time for Mourinho and go all attack against Barca. Özil-Kaka-Ronaldo-Di Maria...all should play.

And i think Pep is an overrated coach. When he leaves Barcelona..i predict he is going to be jobless at some point for a while just like Rijkaard. He has done nothing else than managed the best team in the world and it's youth teams.

All attack and All destroy in Camp Nou. Put those little midget's where they belong. Change typical midfield trio of Creator , Passer and Destroyer to Destroyer , Destroyer and Destroyer.

harsh red card? yes
good match for RM until then? NO
mou would have snatched a draw, HOME, and (and it's a big chance it would have happened anyway) messi could have scored even with pepe on the field. that's not something Real Madrid should be looking for. I'm biased, i love barca and the way they play, but a goalless draw due to mou's will of not letting the opponents play would have been an insult to the game of football. as a supporter, i prefer my team getting stuffed 3 or 4 to nil, but willing to play, trying to create chances. but maybe winning IS everything, these days...

Just watched it - there is little to no contact. Alves takes his leg away from Pepe and there seems to be minimal contact, but certainly nowhere near enough to warrant a card. What can I say, can't blame the ref, fooled me completely until I watched it in slo-mo.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Here's the vid - the only possible contact that could've existed is between the outside of Pepe's foot, but even then, can't be sure if he touches him. Being harsh, a yellow for going in with studs.

YouTube - Pepe Expulsion Entrada Alves Real Madrid Barcelona Semifinal Champions Stark

Actually it is very hard to ref the game when these two teams play each other. 22 players, oops, 19 players trying to con the ref every possible way it is impossible to get everything right. Thats the reason i hate the midget army.

Alves is the one who should be blamed, he acted as if he was shot dead then came back in 2 mins. He needed a stretcher, lol.

It is no coincidence though, academy players are taught how to con the ref otherwise there is no way Biscuits would have done the same acting twice in 2 years. Pep would have given him some advice not to do, but he started it in the first place. How can he ask the players to stop now.

Haha - Ah the Spanish!

Same arguments repeated over and over again: "He doesn't touch him!" / "Dangerous play" - Pepe has ever right to go for that ball and Dani Alves falls to the ground like a 5 year old to get him sent off. I'm surprised he didn't hold his face or pretend Pepe had stabbed him like Pedro and Busquets did. Pathetic. This is why I want Utd to win the UCL if they both go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.