Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you expect Ronaldo to do when Mourinho plays such defensive football? You could see Ronaldo trying to get Mourinho trying to change the tactics to something that would suit him. Ronaldo can't save Madrid all the time.

I expect Ronaldo to do more for the team than simply dive, moan, hit freekicks into the wall and take ridiculous 40 yard shots. Honestly, his work rate was dire. He could do something useful - hold up the ball, perhaps? He has the strength for it. - and adapt to the system, rather than moaning that the system doesn't suit him. Truly great players find a way to look good at any time. Messi, for example, was man-marked even more fiercely (and by a better defence and more defensive midfield, at that) than Ronaldo and still managed to turn the game completely on its head.

I expect Ronaldo to do more for the team than simply dive, moan, hit freekicks into the wall and take ridiculous 40 yard shots. Honestly, his work rate was dire. He could do something useful - hold up the ball, perhaps? He has the strength for it. - and adapt to the system, rather than moaning that the system doesn't suit him. Truly great players find a way to look good at any time. Messi, for example, was man-marked even more fiercely (and by a better defence and more defensive midfield, at that) than Ronaldo and still managed to turn the game completely on its head.

I thank you.

I have ultimate respect toward Iniesta, Messi and Xavi. Rest of Barcelona team is bunch of cheaters, every one of them. I don't get it, why do they need to act like that ? Busquets is good player, but big ****, Dani Alves... Just like Nani agains L'pool, with little difference, Carra kicked Nani, and Pepe only touched Alves. Still, they are cheating *****.

Dani Alves dived, as videos have shown that there wasn't any contact. However, that tackle was dangerous to say the least. Easily a legbreaker, and a complete disregard for the other player's health.

I agree that his work rate is not very good. I dont think he has the best condition if thats the right word. After all...he has trained himself so strong and his body is almoste as strong as a footballers body can be.

Mourinho plays him always 90 minutes. If he runs too much..his body will tire faster because his muscles require more air (whats the english word?). He tires faster. Dunno if he is still giving everything. Maybe he could do a bit more work.

Last edited:
It's time for Mourinho and go all attack against Barca. Özil-Kaka-Ronaldo-Di Maria...all should play.

And i think Pep is an overrated coach. When he leaves Barcelona..i predict he is going to be jobless at some point for a while just like Rijkaard. He has done nothing else than managed the best team in the world and it's youth teams.

I think Guardiola is overrated, too. Just, I dont get why do you compare Rijkaard and Guardiola ? Frank created this Barcelona with Cruyff. Pep did nothing expet swaping Eto'o and 40 mil for Ibrahimovic, selling Yaya who's one of the best CM's in the world, buying Mascherano who's done little so far, he couldn't control his best player and one of the biggest talents ever, so, he sold Ronaldinho too, buying Alves for 30 mil and Villa for 25-30 mil. Great job.

It's so stupid that Alves was carried of the pitch and later returned and was like nothing happened. He so faked it. He didin't even get hurt badly or maybe even at all. It was minimal contact and a yellow card for coming with studds. Both tried the ball.

Disgusting acting by Barca. Not suprised Mourinho got enough of it..and blasted Barca and finally said what i have been thinking too. Barca have power on and off the pitch. I hope the whole world opened their eyes and saw the real cheating Barca. They are admired around the world..even by non-football fans.

Barca is like Justin Bieber is now. There is real Barcafever at the moment. Wish it would just fade away!

Please just shut up. You're starting to get boring now. All you do is whinge.
You're clearly biased and it's just a joke. Madrid were just as bad as Barcelona last night.

& before blaming everyone else, maybe point the finger at "The Special One", his tactics last night were dire. Even if in the last 20 minutes he did plan to bring Kaka on and play 4 up front or whatever, it's easy for him to say that now. His tactics just don't wash with the Madridsta's. Madrid have the quality in attack to really get at Barcelona, as Barcelona certainly aren't a defensively strong team. Plus, Madrid have a very good defence, merge the two together with Xabi Alonso, and you could destroy Barcelona. Sadly, Mourinho only knows one style of football - Park The Bus.

You're clearly biased and it's just a joke. Madrid were just as bad as Barcelona last night.

& before blaming everyone else, maybe point the finger at "The Special One", his tactics last night were dire. Even if in the last 20 minutes he did plan to bring Kaka on and play 4 up front or whatever, it's easy for him to say that now. His tactics just don't wash with the Madridsta's. Madrid have the quality in attack to really get at Barcelona, as Barcelona certainly aren't a defensively strong team. Plus, Madrid have a very good defence, merge the two together with Xabi Alonso, and you could destroy Barcelona. Sadly, Mourinho only knows one style of football - Park The Bus.

How can you score 6 goals past Valencia in Mestalla by parking a bus? Enlighten me.

I was about to reply till i saw you avatar. Enough said.

How can you score 6 goals past Valencia in Mestalla by parking a bus? Enlighten me.

Worded wrong, wouldn't say he only knows how to park the bus.

But they attacked and also conceded 3? So, they show a vulnerability when they attack, which causes Mourinho to shut up shop. It's Madrid. They have Kaka, Ozil, Ronaldo, Higuain, Di Maria, Benzema, Alonso. There team is just as good as Barcelona's. So take the game to them. Barcelona are weaker at the back than Madrid.

To be fair I like the fact how everyone moans about these 2 'great' teams, I mean lets get some reality in here, Arsenal WERE holding out and had a fair chance of going through before RVP got screwed by a referee. In 2009 at Stamford Bridge Chelsea got screwed by Barcelona, Pedro and Busquets were diving all over the place just like Dani Alves was with the Pepe red card, at absolute worst pepes sidefoot mildly touched his shin pads in that tackle he took the ball cleanly but Alves rolls about like a hippo on the floor then miraculously gets up and about 30 seconds later with no scratch. Marcelo on Pedro stamp was definitely more sinister but I watch La Liga every week and thats the culture when players get frustrated they rarely do two footers or whatever they just lash out when the referee is not looking much like Arbeloa 'did' to Pedro when Pedro acted like his face was burning with acid. EVERY single decision over the past few Clasico's has been clouded in my opinion by literally 10 players surrounding the referee pressuring him to make decisions and pleading for cards. I know the passion politically and culturally of Castilla and Catalonia but it sadly isn't confined to these 2 clubs its Spanish football as a whole that has the problems, just like the referees needing riot shields at the end of the matches. In the Copa final there was blatantly a laser being shone into Messis eye repeatedly yet nothing was done and he made no fuss about it. The build up was hyped...I truly do not know why, Mourinho 'opened up' against barce purposely early in the season to prove his point to the Madrid hierarchy and those people who want to see his team produce dazzling football and he got trounced 5-0. He was always going to park the bus and try to get Ronaldo in behind Puyol and hope for set pieces, so as for the game being a 'let down' I dont know what people expected. In La Liga I think its like a FIFTEEN point gap from 2nd to 3rd and a top 4 team got beat by Madrids 'reserves' at the weekend 6-3 at a canter! The officiating is terrible the fans conduct is worse, the sectarianism is rampant from Basques to Catalonians, as for the German referees ******** over Mourinho I have to defend him I mean Barces players have an ugly side (Except Iniesta Xavi and Messi to be fair), my only question last night was Higuain is back to full fitness yet you bring Adebayor on ahead of him? What message does that send? Probably the one that Tevez will be coming in and Higuain moving across to city to be honest.
Apart from that Mourinho got it spot on, the first goal would have not happened if pepe was tracking Messi and not slow as a bus Alonso and the second ones build up would have been cut short/made more difficult if pepe was there. I aren't a Barce or Madrid fan but I just don't know why Mourinhos comments get such abuse he knows how to make a headline and he said how he felt which is more than Wenger has the cahoonas to do, and I wholy agree with him to be honest I remember the Chelsea Barce screwjob of 09 it was an outrage.

Both teams were ******, the same happens every time they play. Both teams are as bad as the other.

Also very disappointing the monkey chants directed at Dani Alves, even if you are a diving ***** you don't deserve that.

You're clearly horribly biased too with your evident favouritism towards Barcelona and dislike of Real Madrid, for whatever reasons you have. Real Madrid have scored, on average, 2.4 goals per game in the league this season. This has not been achieved by "parking the bus". So to say Mourinho only knows one style of football is silly, and also incorrect.

You're clearly horribly biased too with your evident favouritism towards Barcelona and dislike of Real Madrid, for whatever reasons you have. Real Madrid have scored, on average, 2.4 goals per game in the league this season. This has not been achieved by "parking the bus". So to say Mourinho only knows one style of football is silly, and also incorrect.

If you look above, you'll see I changed it.

Also, I don't dislike Madrid, I just prefer Barcelona. I have done since I was about 8. It just annoys me that everyone blames Barcelona, yet Madrid hardly acted sportingly and like saints? That's my only gripe. In no way am I saying what Barcelona did was right, as it wasn't. It was disgraceful

what's even more annoying is how the goalkeepers will run up to the half way line to surround the ref. and did mascherano get booked when he vollyed pepe?

This has just been posted at Real Madrids official website: Real Madrid C.F. - Official Web Site - Television images show that Pepe did not touch Alves' leg

TV images show Pepe didin't touch Alves.

Here are some comments from Rio Ferdinand etc..:

Rio Ferdinand: "This diving is a joke/embarrassing. When Pedro watches that do you think he'll think, "What was I doing!?" Rugby players must laugh at football. If you ever see me go off on a stretcher then run back on to play, I give everyone on here the green light to him me with a two-footed tackle."

Michael Owen: "Alves' actions won't please many as if he had got straight up it would have been a yellow card, but Barça fans will be happy with his actions."

Rory Mcilroy: "Dani Alves, you are a disgrace. Roll about on the floor just a bit more!"

Chad Ochocinco: "I can't believe they just gave Pepe a red card for that."

My respect for Ferdinand has grown. I swear i wont call him a "camel" ever again! Good guy.

Haha...thats the cheapest thing i've seen a footballer do. What a disgrace...i wont be even dissappointed if we dont make it to the final. Barca know exactly what they have done..and they wont be proud of it.

Last edited:
If you look above, you'll see I changed it.

Also, I don't dislike Madrid, I just prefer Barcelona. I have done since I was about 8. It just annoys me that everyone blames Barcelona, yet Madrid hardly acted sportingly and like saints? That's my only gripe. In no way am I saying what Barcelona did was right, as it wasn't. It was disgraceful

Gets on my nerves as well. Everyone on the back of Real Madrid but both teams were shocking. Real Madrid are being made out as Saints when that simply isn't the case.
According to Graham Hunter it was the Madrid players that sparked the brawl at half time. Both teams were as bad as each other.

Uefa opens disciplinary cases against Real Madrid and Barcelona
• Mourinho, missiles and pitch invasion among Real case
• Case against Barcelona relates to José Pinto red card

Uefa opens disciplinary cases against Real Madrid and Barcelona | Football | guardian.co.uk

Owen Gibson
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 28 April 2011 16.43 BST

playersandofficalsfrom0.jpg

Players and officals from Real Madrid and Barcelona clash during their Champions League tie. Photograph: Susana Vera/Reuters

Uefa has opened disciplinary cases against both Real Madrid and Barcelona following their ill-tempered Champions League semi-final first leg on Wednesday night.

"The case against Real Madrid is in relation to the throwing of missiles, a pitch invasion, the red card shown to Pepe, the dismissal of the coach José Mourinho, as well as the inappropriate statement given by Mr Mourinho to the media after the match," said Uefa.

The case against Barcelona relates to the red card show to the reserve goalkeeper José Pinto in a melee as the teams returned to their dressing rooms at half-time. Both cases will be heard by the Uefa Control and Disciplinary Body on 6 May.

Mourinho, talking after his team were beaten 2-0 at home in a controversial first leg of their semi-final, accused Barcelona of unfair influence in European football and said their coach, Pep Guardiola, should feel "ashamed". Madrid's coach accused Barcelona of wielding untouchable power in European football and said their coach, Pep Guardiola, should feel "ashamed" if he wins a competition that "yet again" is engulfed in "scandal".

The Portuguese claimed his red card and that handed to his defender Pepe were unjustified, and that this was not the first time Barcelona's opponents have been singled out for unfair punishment. He added that he would not say what he "really thinks" because he feared a life ban, but said he felt "disgusted" to be working in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.