Barcelona vs Manchester United - May 28th, 19:45

Who Will Win The UEFA Champions League Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca 2-1. Xavi and Messi for Barca, Pea for the ManUre goal

My predictions are...
-Barca to be 1-0 up at half time
-Hernandez to get an injury time winner, 2-1 full time.

Might put a bet on that actually.

While it is true United are probably better and more prepared this time around, don't forget that Barcelona are also better this time around. In the last final Barca had a makeshift defence, and an overall weaker team. Now, Pedro in for Henry, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi have all improved since '09. Hope Barca spank them.

Henry was hardly a bad player back in 2009. Tbh, he had his best season for Barcelona then - he, Eto'o and Messi scored more than 100 goals together over the season. Pedro's decent, but he's no Henry. Agree with the rest of it, though.

Good one Joss. I think Park will play more centrally or man mark Xavi just like he did against Pirlo.

Still in dilemma though. 4-5-1 with park, Carrick, Giggs as CMs and Valencia Nani/Rooney on wings and Rooney/Hernandez as lone striker

or the set up that was used against Chelsea and Schalke..

Against Chelsea, Park drifted centrally to help out defensively. I expect him to do the same..

I doubt it. It's vital that United pick up Busquets - he's the starting point for pretty much every Barca move and Rooney this season has been excellent at dropping back and doing more defensive work. Pirlo is a completely different prospect to Xavi - Xavi is athletic and can escape a man-marker. You have to mark the space and cut off the supply - same principle with Messi as most players who have successfully restricted him have said.

If Park starts on the left and drifts inside, Dani Alves will tear you to shreds. Evra's a very good LB but he can't handle two players - Alves provides the width and attacking prowess that Ivanovic doesn't.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Good analysis ;) after two frantic VM's to me

Ha. It was Godcubed that helped more to be fair - I finally calmed down and realised that it wasn't that complicated at all.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Incredible Stat from OptaJoe: 91.2% - Edwin Van der Sar has the best saves-to-shots ratio in the Champions League this season, having saved 91.2% shots faced.

Any more news on Abidal? Spanish Journo on Talksport says he doubts he'll play and Puyol will be LB

Sigh, you all fail in tactic.
VDS
Fabio-Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra
Carrick
Fletcher-Giggs
Valencia----------Park
Rooney.

Ps. don't look at sig.

Sigh, you all fail in tactic.
VDS
Fabio-Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra
Carrick
Fletcher-Giggs
Valencia----------Park
Rooney.

Ps. don't look at sig.

I don't think they'll go 4-3-3. They may do if Fletcher is deemed 100% fit but it's more important to mark the zones and get tight to Busquets rather than deploying someone behind a midfield 2 to mark Messi as your formation suggests.

ps. LOL.

Might have been pointed out already, but Messi hasn't scored in England yet.
Good sign for United don't you think ;)

Don't get me wrong mate, it's going to be a very tough game but if there is any manager that can come up with a game plan to counter Barcelona's style of football, surely it's Sir Alex Ferguson.

Rafa Benitez?

This is your moment to shine lads, do it for us fans, do it for the history of the club, do it for Sir Matt Busby and hes babes, come on United!

I don't think they'll go 4-3-3. They may do if Fletcher is deemed 100% fit but it's more important to mark the zones and get tight to Busquets rather than deploying someone behind a midfield 2 to mark Messi as your formation suggests.

ps. LOL.

Hmm... what do you think about this formation ?
VDS
Fabio-Rio-Vidic-Evra
Valencia-Carrick-Giggs- Park
Rooney
Hernandez
?
Ps. I said don't look :)

Hmm... what do you think about this formation ?
VDS
Fabio-Rio-Vidic-Evra
Valencia-Carrick-Giggs- Park
Rooney
Hernandez
?
Ps. I said don't look :)

thats much more likely the starting line up

Van Der Sar's last game for Manchester United and also of his career. It would be weird to see our squad photo without the flying dutchman in it..

Status
Not open for further replies.