Barcelona vs Manchester United - May 28th, 19:45

Who Will Win The UEFA Champions League Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said he wants to stay and that he's spoken to the club about it. He has rarely performed in Europe or away from OT and it allows more variation in the bench. Reading too much into it, it does make sense.

I guess, but for a guy who is the top scorer for the club to be left out is surprising.

Berbatov hardly made any impact coming off the bench. So it is hardly surprising. Still gutted for him though..

Club > Sentiments..

He said he wants to stay and that he's spoken to the club about it. He has rarely performed in Europe or away from OT and it allows more variation in the bench. Reading too much into it, it does make sense.

Hes been dire in europe

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

I guess, but for a guy who is the top scorer for the club to be left out is surprising.

hes been top scorer largely due t his efforts at home in the league, nt so good anywhere else

Also a guy who hasn't scored in almost 1200 minutes of European football. It's ruthless from Fergie, but it was likely to be him or Fletcher on the bench, and Fletcher's energy and pressing in midfield is much more likely to make an impact later in the game than Berbatov could.

No.

He's starting.

The Barcelona line-up in full, then: Valdes; Alves Mascherano Pique Abidal; Xavi Busquets Iniesta; Pedro Messi Villa. Subs: Oier, Puyol, Bojan, Keita, Afellay, Adriano, Thiago

**** this is soooo confusing... Will take he is on bench. Can only become better if he is not.. :)

****, Guardiola is tactical mastermind... Mascherano is better at controling the ball than Puyol. Guardiola wants to control the game with this move. What a genious.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

C ya in halftime :)

Height will be a problem at the back for Barca, fortunately United's strikers aren't that tall.

45 minutes to kickoff... May the better team win, and hopefully we WONT see a lot of diving, and referee surrounding that usually ruins matches.

Good luck to both teams

I'm still surprised Berbatov has been dropped in favour of Owen on the bench. Can't get my head around that. If Man Utd did win the CL, medals for winning CL and Prem-not a bad send off for hardly playing I guess

I'm still surprised Berbatov has been dropped in favour of Owen on the bench. Can't get my head around that. If Man Utd did win the CL, medals for winning CL and Prem-not a bad send off for hardly playing I guess

His own european form has gone against him in recent times. No room for error against Barca, and if it comes down to one chance off the bench, i'd fancy owen over berbatov every time

30 minutes away. Lot of talk about this and that (Puyol on bench, Abidal and Fletcher's fitness) but I'm just glad it will all get sorted out on the pitch tonight.

I'm favoring a 2-1 to United. Goals coming through Rooney, Valencia and Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.