• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 6K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton has been "inundated" with interest from Premier League and European clubs according to his agent Willie McKay.

More...

I think that any club who ends up with Barton could have the deal of the summer in my opinion, one of the best English mids last season if not one of the best and most consistent! I feel he has sorted out his demons and understands that he is a great footballer and will strive to prove himself week in week out to the world and Capello!

I for one would not mind him at United, we could mould him into the "Roy Keane" role we have been dying to fill since Keano retired....

Lovely little place in London where I think Barton would settle in well at, HMP Wandsworth.

It's where he should be in my opinion, no place for him in football. I was in the whole 'he can change!' camp but when he punched Pedersen last season it crossed the line and I think he doesn't deserve a new club.

As for people saying he's ''just what Arsenal need'', he's the last thing Arsenal need.

Mr Pardew gets it wrong again selling another of our best players, Whats next selling Jonas and Enrique to Sunderland? I wouldn't be surprised if it was... I can see us getting relegated next season If we don't strengthen midfield... Disappointing...

Mr Pardew gets it wrong again selling another of our best players, Whats next selling Jonas and Enrique to Sunderland? I wouldn't be surprised if it was... I can see us getting relegated next season If we don't strengthen midfield... Disappointing...

You mean Ashley right?

I'm on Ashley's side on this one, let him go. I would personally prefer it if Barton assaults Ashley with a glass bottle get's put in jail for 1-2 years and banned from football. And Ashley will be left with one eye, perfect situation all round.

No big loss, Tiote+Cabaye will do a top class job at the centre of your midfield next season Barton's just a disgrace and he doesn't deserve to play professional football.

Tiote and Cabaye might be good but neither of them are English. I doubt Cabaye will be able to communicate with the team as effectively as Barton and Barton is respected as a senior figure by most of the team, if he leaves then that will seriously effect morale in the team dressing room.

if he leaves then that will seriously effect morale in the team dressing room.
yeah, they could probably all relax and make jokes without the fear of being stabbed...

Tiote and Cabaye might be good but neither of them are English. I doubt Cabaye will be able to communicate with the team as effectively as Barton and Barton is respected as a senior figure by most of the team, if he leaves then that will seriously effect morale in the team dressing room.

Nationality is irrelevant, Tiote speaks English, and so can Cabaye, he may not be fluent, but his english is passable

I think that any club who ends up with Barton could have the deal of the summer in my opinion, one of the best English mids last season if not one of the best and most consistent! I feel he has sorted out his demons and understands that he is a great footballer and will strive to prove himself week in week out to the world and Capello!

I for one would not mind him at United, we could mould him into the "Roy Keane" role we have been dying to fill since Keano retired....

Agree was outstanding last year, but Parker just edged him. Agreed he's sorted his demons though. That's why I wouldn't mind seeing him at Goodison

I will be glad to see the back of Barton. Over the past couple of months, he has done nothing but cause and stir trouble on Twitter. Tactically, our midfield is better than last season -

Nolan out, Cabaye in. Replaced our captain with a younger, fitter, and better player.
Barton out, Tiote into CM, Ben Arfa into the AM position, giving a three man midfield of a Destroyer(Tiote), Engine(Cabaye) and Creator(Ben Arfa). Move Jonas to the right wing, making use of his direct style and tendency to cut inside., and Marveaux plays on the left.

As for the striker replacement, Ba is a great signing, and there will be another striker in, these deals don't happen overnight.

Ugh, maximum ignore to Jamie and his 'nobody can change' attitude.

Personally devastated, been following the whole thing on twitter. At least we know if we want rid of a player all we have to do is make them a fan favourite...

... wooo james perch we love you (worth a shot)

Would hate to see him end up at Tottenham under Redcrap, and on the flip side I'd love to see him at Arsenal, toughening up their midfield.

I will be glad to see the back of Barton. Over the past couple of months, he has done nothing but cause and stir trouble on Twitter. Tactically, our midfield is better than last season -

Nolan out, Cabaye in. Replaced our captain with a younger, fitter, and better player.
Barton out, Tiote into CM, Ben Arfa into the AM position, giving a three man midfield of a Destroyer(Tiote), Engine(Cabaye) and Creator(Ben Arfa). Move Jonas to the right wing, making use of his direct style and tendency to cut inside., and Marveaux plays on the left.

As for the striker replacement, Ba is a great signing, and there will be another striker in, these deals don't happen overnight.

Exactly. I don't see why Mr. Meguel fears relegation if you don't strengthen the midfield when it's arguably the best part of your team, even without Barton.

Ugh, maximum ignore to Jamie and his 'nobody can change' attitude.

People can change, Barton can't.

Exactly. I don't see why Mr. Meguel fears relegation if you don't stengthen the midfield when it's arguably the best part of your team, even without Barton.

Don't forget, Haris Vuckic has been looking superb this summer, so he may break through, along with Guthrie(under-rated) and Gosling.

Exactly. I don't see why Mr. Meguel fears relegation if you don't strengthen the midfield when it's arguably the best part of your team, even without Barton.

In theory the midfield is brilliant, but Cabaye is unproved in the PL, Ben Arfa is very likely to get injured in the harsh PL and Tiote gets a match ban every other month. Barton is the only reliable midfielfer we have left, so why sell him?

In theory the midfield is brilliant, but Cabaye is unproved in the PL, Ben Arfa is very likely to get injured in the harsh PL and Tiote gets a match ban every other month. Barton is the only reliable midfielfer we have left, so why sell him?

This whole unproven in the prem doesnt really wash, especially when you realise Cabaye's game is very much suited to the Prem,

he's being freed because he cant seem to keep his mouth shut and is disruptive, his own fault really. ben arfa was injured by the kind of tackle that would injure most players, doesnt mean he is going to be every time, nor is the prem that harsh. Barton leaving really wont be that much an issue and the remaining mid has a more balanced feel to it

IIRC Barton has gotten some bans to his name aswell, Cabaye would have been a starter anyway and Ben Arfa has just been unlucky so far.

This whole unproven in the prem doesnt really wash, especially when you realise Cabaye's game is very much suited to the Prem,

he's being freed because he cant seem to keep his mouth shut and is disruptive, his own fault really. ben arfa was injured by the kind of tackle that would injure most players, doesnt mean he is going to be every time, nor is the prem that harsh. Barton leaving really wont be that much an issue and the remaining mid has a more balanced feel to it

Ben Arfa has already taken a light injury in pre-season so whats to say he won't get another injury in the season. And The PL is renowned as one of the roughest leagues in the world, practically anyone will agree. Barton opened his mouth and told everyone what we already know, Mike Ashley is a money-grabbing pig. I applaud Barton for speaking, hopefully it might give Mike a wake up call.

Ben Arfa has already taken a light injury in pre-season so whats to say he won't get another injury in the season. And The PL is renowned as one of the roughest leagues in the world, practically anyone will agree. Barton opened his mouth and told everyone what we already know, Mike Ashley is a money-grabbing pig. I applaud Barton for speaking, hopefully it might give Mike a wake up call.

Except it's completely disrespectful and unprofessional for Barton to say that which is why it's okay for Ashley to give him the kick.

And whats to say he will keep getting them? You applaud Barton, for being disruptive, not suprised you defend him then. And its worked well, got himself thrown out the club.

Its not his job to run his mouth, he should just get on with being a player, especially when the club has been supportive after his issues

Last edited:

I take it you haven't seen how he got the slight injury? A poor tackle. Everyone knew Ashley is a money man, but as a player, you wouldn't tell the world what you think of the guy that is paying your sizeable wages?

Back