Barton much in demand, says agent

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 6K
This is probably the only saga I'm excited about. According to SSN, PSG & Malaga are 2 of 4 foreign clubs showing an interest, while 2 of the 6 premier league clubs are in the CL oO)

Yiche.

I think I know a team that might want him, Anzhi.

If ever we needed a Russian club to come in and sign a player and bury their careers it's now.

Everyone argued the mad 'PL ready' argument people very nicely,

I have a feeling that Marvin Martin might be a target at NUFC from Sochaux in the midfield, 19 assists last season is very impressive.

Money will be spent I'm sure of it, a midfield 3 of Tiote/Cabaye/Martin on paper is absolutely devastating.

Since when do Arsenal need BARTON as an attacking power and crosser? They're getting Mata, remember? And it's not like Barton has been winning an abundance of trophies either, is it?
He would fit right in at Arsenal then....

"If he was playing for Arsenal last season, they'd probably have won the title."
Cjacko are you secretly Barton's agent? :P (A)

Barton to AFC 'just what they need' people:

1. He's not a commanding CB with a few consistent seasons under his belt, is he?

2. He's not a left back.

Add in the fact he should be banned from professional football and the trouble he causes I would suggest he's the last thing Arsenal need.

So many cliche's flying around at the minute just because Barton's English and people assume Arsenal need English players, get's on my last nerve.

Im saying its harder for Arsenal to sign world class players these days, one reason is we know Wenger dosent like to spend alot of money (which is his peragative(sp)) and another is for years its been the same old outcome and that dosent attract the best players. Every player who plays the game would like to look back on his career as trophy ridden as possable and currently at Arsenal that isent happening. One trophy could make all the difference and Barton's leadership and no giving up mentality could be what they need.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Well Arsenal could lose one of Nasri/Fabregas yet. And know you didnt read it but i said although Song has alot of good things he lacks passion and never give up mentality which Barton has in abbundance. In both of them poor sides (taking out his spats) most times he has been the best player, i think he is under-rated as a footballer because of his past spats.

How someone for such a fantastic area like Portsmouth can talk such dribble is beyond me...

not a bad player, but not our standard IMO and 2 scousers at united? please no! ones enough ;)

If anything Chelsea need Barton more than Arsenal. At least he can cover for Essien till his come back..

If anything Chelsea need Barton more than Arsenal. At least he can cover for Essien till his come back..

he is nowhere near Essien and we have Mikel and Romeu who I think will get games this season.... also the fact thatI rather we sign somone ike Moutinho instead of him, i know many of you say he is trying to become a better person but even last season he punched Pederson on the field and although he is a good player, I do not think AVB wil take a hickey on this deal

sorry but Barton has made mistakes in the past and whether people like it or not, they will always come back and bite him

he is nowhere near Essien and we have Mikel and Romeu who I think will get games this season.... also the fact thatI rather we sign somone ike Moutinho instead of him, i know many of you say he is trying to become a better person but even last season he punched Pederson on the field and although he is a good player, I do not think AVB wil take a hickey on this deal

sorry but Barton has made mistakes in the past and whether people like it or not, they will always come back and bite him

I didn't say Chelsea should sign him,

If anything Chelsea need Barton more than Arsenal

Let's face it Sunilvk he's no Nigel.

Owen Hargreaves to CFC, I would welcome that if I'm being honest. I'm very nostalgic and Hargreaves was very talented back at Bayern, get him fit and who knows what we could have on our hands. At the very least we would have an 'Owen' kicking around, who does nothing but we keep him around because well, of the player he used to be...

Let's face it Sunilvk he's no Nigel.

Owen Hargreaves to CFC, I would welcome that if I'm being honest. I'm very nostalgic and Hargreaves was very talented back at Bayern, get him fit and who knows what we could have on our hands. At the very least we would have an 'Owen' kicking around, who does nothing but we keep him around because well, of the player he used to be...

Lol Jamie he is Barton. Thats it.

Arsenal need Barton is much more rubbish than Chelsea want him.. Simple :)

Are we talking levels of rubbishness here?

I would take Nigel Reo Coker at CFC over Barton.

I wouldn't want Barton at any professional football club, he's a disgrace...

TBH when you said Nigel, I thought De Jong :D

Yes level of rubbish. Arsenal wanting Barton has to be peak of it..

Just to let you know Jamie, I love Reo-Coker about as much as you love Totti, so... yeah. I insist you desist with the use of 'rubbish' and 'Nigel Reo-Coker' in the same sentence. ;)

Back