Barton much in demand, says agent

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 6K
Of corse he was but that Arsenal was better than this Arsenal, times have changed.

He comes alot closer than Song does thats for sure. How am i being obtuse, im saying what i think simple as that. Im not saying his best aspect is helping to score goals im saying his leadership skills and mentality is much better than Song's. Samba isent a natural leader, he is a beast but not a leader. Arsenal have two decent CB's in Djorou and Vermaelen when fit.

1. Samba is a "natural leader" - he's the non-English beast of a CB with 'English Grit' who shouts at his defenders and is therefore 'captain material'.

2. Oh great. We have 2 (actually 3) good CBs. Let's just leave that area, then. Not like we conceded a lot of goals last season or anything. Oh wait.

3. Barton isn't what we need. His mentality is the exact opposite of what we need - the fans and team are split as it is without having someone as disruptive as he is clashing in a big way with Wenger, and probably the rest of the team. He thinks too much of himself, he uses social networking sites like twitter to vent his frustration rather than actually being a professional and talking to the management about it.

4. NO NO NO NO NO. To Barton. Good player, but not better than what we already have.

5. Oh and Cesc going for '30+ million' is funny. Closer to 40m than it is 30m. Just saying. And Barton wouldn't be 'free' as I explained yesterday. Wages, agent, signing-on fees would probably mount up to a transfer fee anyway. Just that it goes straight to him, not NC.

6. Please: Never ever compare Barton to VIEIRA.

Why do you think Wenger would be happy with a team weaker than what he had 7 years ago? Obviously he strives to have the best team and Arsenal is still a big club, so why would he take a step down?

Because they just arnt as good as they were back then thats why. Its easy to see this.

Samba isnt a leader? lol, just lol. Who says the leader has to be in midfield? Arsenal dont want or need Barton

It dosent have to be in the midfield, its just Barton is available and for nothing which is a bonus. From what i'v heard Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd are all intrested so i wouldnt rule anything out.

Because they just arnt as good as they were back then thats why. Its easy to see this.

It dosent have to be in the midfield, its just Barton is available and for nothing which is a bonus. From what i'v heard Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd are all intrested so i wouldnt rule anything out.

Media speculation =/= club interest.

Arsenal clearly need leadership and organisation on the pitch, but you don't sacrifice better players for a leader. Leadership is obviously important, but Arsenal need a strong leader and organiser of their defence (either a 'keeper - which would block Szczezny's development, or a centre back - looks most likely, although I'm convinced that TV5 can be a leader).

Joey Barton is too egotistical and too much of a disrupting influence to play under Wenger, he wouldn't be suited to playing the way that Arsenal do, and he isn't good enough to displace any of their midfield players. I could actually see SAF taking a chance on him though (but please don't)

That makes no sense. We're not as strong as we have been in the past, so we aim for a lower calibre of player? You would be a terrible manager, Jacko. We want to improve, not go further backwards. If players like Mata want to join us, why shouldn't we aim for them rather than Barton?

I don't see why that should stop Wenger from trying to get the most talented footballers. Also, what Joss said, which is also pretty much what I said, so what we said.

1. Samba is a "natural leader" - he's the non-English beast of a CB with 'English Grit' who shouts at his defenders and is therefore 'captain material'.

Barton is a better leader without a doubt.

2. Oh great. We have 2 (actually 3) good CBs. Let's just leave that area, then. Not like we conceded a lot of goals last season or anything. Oh wait.

Like i said when fit both Djourou and Vermaelen would be a great CB partnership.

3. Barton isn't what we need. His mentality is the exact opposite of what we need - the fans and team are split as it is without having someone as disruptive as he is clashing in a big way with Wenger, and probably the rest of the team. He thinks too much of himself, he uses social networking sites like twitter to vent his frustration rather than actually being a professional and talking to the management about it.

His mentality is win at all costs when on that football pitch which is something Arsenal dont have but used to have and succeeded immensely when they did have it.

4. NO NO NO NO NO. To Barton. Good player, but not better than what we already have.

Like i said, Song is decent but Barton does more and is a totally different type of player.

5. Oh and Cesc going for '30+ million' is funny. Closer to 40m than it is 30m. Just saying. And Barton wouldn't be 'free' as I explained yesterday. Wages, agent, signing-on fees would probably mount up to a transfer fee anyway. Just that it goes straight to him, not NC.

30-40 same difference. He would still be cheeper then most players these days without a doubt.

6. Please: Never ever compare Barton to VIEIRA.

Im comparring their mentalitys not football ability.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

That makes no sense. We're not as strong as we have been in the past, so we aim for a lower calibre of player? You would be a terrible manager, Jacko. We want to improve, not go further backwards. If players like Mata want to join us, why shouldn't we aim for them rather than Barton?

No the difference is its harder to get the players of a higher calibre then it was back then. And i dont think im a poor manager at all, infact on the subject i took charge of my first game Sunday and after throwing away a 3goal lead to be behind 4-3 i made some changes and we scored an equaliser in the last minute. Mata is very decent indeed but not world class yet is he.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

No the difference is its harder to get the players of a higher calibre then it was back then. And i dont think im a poor manager at all, infact on the subject i took charge of my first game Sunday and after throwing away a 3goal lead to be behind 4-3 i made some changes and we scored an equaliser in the last minute. Mata is very decent indeed but not world class yet is he.

Is Barton? -__-

He's certainly good enough to play regularly in the PL right now and then he's just going to get better under Wenger's tutorship and playing in a good league with good players (not Barton :P). He would be a great signing. But Samba or Jags would be great signings, both good partners for Vermaelen (sp) or replacements if he gets injured

He said Arsenal couldn't sign world class players, and therefor they should sign Barton, if I understand correctly, though admittedly it's hard to understand Jacko correctly.

Oh right. Appologies, I've not read through it all, I'd fear for my health...

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Of corse he isent but his mentality on the pitch works very well in the PL and although he isent world class its not like he is a poor footballer either.

Would he displace Song/Wilshere/Rosicky/Diaby/Fabregas/Nasri/Ramsey? Nope. 'mentality on the pitch works very well'? is that why he's played for a poor Man City side, then a poor Newcastle side which he's been relegated in?

He said Arsenal couldn't sign world class players, and therefor they should sign Barton, if I understand correctly, though admittedly it's hard to understand Jacko correctly.

Im saying its harder for Arsenal to sign world class players these days, one reason is we know Wenger dosent like to spend alot of money (which is his peragative(sp)) and another is for years its been the same old outcome and that dosent attract the best players. Every player who plays the game would like to look back on his career as trophy ridden as possable and currently at Arsenal that isent happening. One trophy could make all the difference and Barton's leadership and no giving up mentality could be what they need.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Oh right. Appologies, I've not read through it all, I'd fear for my health...

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Would he displace Song/Wilshere/Rosicky/Diaby/Fabregas/Nasri/Ramsey? Nope. 'mentality on the pitch works very well'? is that why he's played for a poor Man City side, then a poor Newcastle side which he's been relegated in?

Well Arsenal could lose one of Nasri/Fabregas yet. And know you didnt read it but i said although Song has alot of good things he lacks passion and never give up mentality which Barton has in abbundance. In both of them poor sides (taking out his spats) most times he has been the best player, i think he is under-rated as a footballer because of his past spats.

Im saying its harder for Arsenal to sign world class players these days, one reason is we know Wenger dosent like to spend alot of money (which is his peragative(sp)) and another is for years its been the same old outcome and that dosent attract the best players. Every player who plays the game would like to look back on his career as trophy ridden as possable and currently at Arsenal that isent happening. One trophy could make all the difference and Barton's leadership and no giving up mentality could be what they need

You make it sound like a disease! No wonder Arsenal have been staying clear of trophies all this time!

Im saying its harder for Arsenal to sign world class players these days, one reason is we know Wenger dosent like to spend alot of money (which is his peragative(sp)) and another is for years its been the same old outcome and that dosent attract the best players. Every player who plays the game would like to look back on his career as trophy ridden as possable and currently at Arsenal that isent happening. One trophy could make all the difference and Barton's leadership and no giving up mentality could be what they need.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Well Arsenal could lose one of Nasri/Fabregas yet. And know you didnt read it but i said although Song has alot of good things he lacks passion and never give up mentality which Barton has in abbundance. In both of them poor sides (taking out his spats) most times he has been the best player, i think he is under-rated as a footballer because of his past spats.

Well thats not true. Song was one of the few who kept near his best all season

Barton is a good footballer, no one doubts that, but he is too disruptive, he is not want arsenal need in a player or what arsenal want in a player, same could be said for rest of the top clubs. IF and thats a big IF he can just stick to the football, he could have a big impact at Everton Villa etc.

I could have a never die attitude and would be free and demand less wages Wenger should sign me! Everton is a good shout for Barton especially if Moyes sells either Rodwell or Fellani

Well thats not true. Song was one of the few who kept near his best all season

Barton is a good footballer, no one doubts that, but he is too disruptive, he is not want arsenal need in a player or what arsenal want in a player, same could be said for rest of the top clubs. IF and thats a big IF he can just stick to the football, he could have a big impact at Everton Villa etc.

Song did have a good season i know that, but at times Arsenal needed a different type of player and have done for years. Barton has made mistakes but whats to say he will disrupt Arsenal, everyone deserves a 10th chance ish.

My point would be:

I think Wilshire has the mental attributes Arsenal need, he has a similar "all guns blazing" attitude of Barton.

Why get Barton in to do a poor man's Song and shout the exact same stuff as Jack will?

Back