Barton much in demand, says agent

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 6K
Fabregas out for 30mill+ and Barton in for nothing and then Wenger might and i stress might spend the money on some other positions i.e CB. Barton can tackle, attack, pass, cross and he has passion and desire which is something Arsenal lack in the middle. Could also bring the best out in Chamakh airial especialy late on in games when a goal is despratly needed.

Fabregas out for 30mill+ and Barton in for nothing and then Wenger might and i stress might spend the money on some other positions i.e CB. Barton can tackle, attack, pass, cross and he has passion and desire which is something Arsenal lack in the middle. Could also bring the best out in Chamakh airial especialy late on in games when a goal is despratly needed.

Except Arsenal have all that in the middle, and without the disruptive influence. Instead of taking a cheap pop at Wenger, realise that he is actually trying to sign two players, having already signed one

Except Arsenal have all that in the middle, and without the disruptive influence. Instead of taking a cheap pop at Wenger, realise that he is actually trying to sign two players, having already signed one

I'd play Barton over Song all day long. Song is decent yes but Barton has much more and more of what Arsenal are lacking. And he cant complain about the fee either because he's free. And its not a normal day if i dont take atleast one swipe at another team you know that.

I'd play Barton over Song all day long. Song is decent yes but Barton has much more and more of what Arsenal are lacking. And he cant complain about the fee either because he's free. And its not a normal day if i dont take atleast one swipe at another team you know that.

Song is better than Barton at what he does and what Arsenal needs him to do. One of the last things Arsenal are craving for is a decent midfielder who's kind of a ****. They should focus on getting a left back before anything else, including getting a CB, but I digress.

I will be glad to see the back of Barton. Over the past couple of months, he has done nothing but cause and stir trouble on Twitter. Tactically, our midfield is better than last season

Don't forget, Haris Vuckic has been looking superb this summer, so he may break through, along with Guthrie(under-rated) and Gosling.

Strongly disagree with 80% of this, the Vuckic line is true (and exciting)

Barton has said nothing on twitter than his own opinion, quote me these trouble stirring tweets please? He's voiced discontent at the much promised Andy Carroll money hasn't been spent (and it hasn't, Cabaye was pretty much paid for with the Nolan money, give or take a few million and signing on fees/ agent costs for our frees do not total 35m), which is a perfectly valid point. What is the point of twitter if not to voice opinions? Free speech and all that. Ashley doesn't want to splash out on wages for experience, yes its cheaper to replace JB with some french kid, but besides being a fan favourite (something which seems to inspire Ashley to get rid asap), he was vital for us last season and this is not Ashley doing what's best for the club imo. Barton is outspoken but tbh he's right.

Seems everyone disagrees with me so why bother, really cba to fight the 'zomg look at what he did in his past' crowd, kind of find it sad.

As for Danny Guthrie, he's far too mistake prone for me, was quality a few seasons back but has lost it over the last year or two which is disappointing.

peace

song averaged more tackles and interceptions per game than barton. Arsenal arent lacking in midfield, they are lacking in defence. Song is by far the superior enforcer, Wilshere the superior deep playmaker, and Nasri/Fab the superior advanced central mids. You might like barton more, but song is better

Song is better than Barton at what he does and what Arsenal needs him to do. One of the last things Arsenal are craving for is a decent midfielder who's kind of a ****. They should focus on getting a left back before anything else, including getting a CB, but I digress.

He may be a **** but he is a decent **** of a footballer. Song has alot of good attributes but he cant cross, attack or have that passion for winning and rallying the players together like Barton has. Arsenal used to have a midfielder who used to shout, tackle hard and attack and they have won nothing since he left them (i think).

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

song averaged more tackles and interceptions per game than barton. Arsenal arent lacking in midfield, they are lacking in defence. Song is by far the superior enforcer, Wilshere the superior deep playmaker, and Nasri/Fab the superior advanced central mids. You might like barton more, but song is better

As i said Song has some very good attributes like tackling and passing is very good. But Barton has more of what i think Arsenal need and most of it is mental more than physical. I midfield 3 of Barton, Ramsey and Wilshere is something i wouldnt be happy comming up against.

He may be a **** but he is a decent **** of a footballer. Song has alot of good attributes but he cant cross, attack or have that passion for winning and rallying the players together like Barton has. Arsenal used to have a midfielder who used to shout, tackle hard and attack and they have won nothing since he left them (i think).

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

As i said Song has some very good attributes like tackling and passing is very good. But Barton has more of what i think Arsenal need and most of it is mental more than physical. I midfield 3 of Barton, Ramsey and Wilshere is something i wouldnt be happy comming up against.

Since when do Arsenal need BARTON as an attacking power and crosser? They're getting Mata, remember? And it's not like Barton has been winning an abundance of trophies either, is it?

Without his problems he would be in the England squad without a doubt IMO

Since when do Arsenal need BARTON as an attacking power and crosser? They're getting Mata, remember? And it's not like Barton has been winning an abundance of trophies either, is it?

Except they haven't even put a proper bid in thats been accepted yet.

Barton hasnt got anything mentally that arsenal need.

Song is there to play the passing enforcer, and he is a beast at it, far better than Barton, one of the best in the league, i'd rather face Barton than him. If arsenal are looking for the experience and mental leadership, Jags and Samba are where its at, not Joey Barton

To be fair, he has only been at Man City and Newcastle, neither are challenging for trophies. Anyway, Mata hasn't won much either, a World Cup winners medal, in which he barely played a part, and a Copa Del Rey.

Mata is a rumour not confirmed. His set-peices are arguably the best in the league and it dosent matter about trophy wins, its his attitude and the way he can get the players pumped up.

To be fair, he has only been at Man City and Newcastle, neither are challenging for trophies. Anyway, Mata hasn't won much either, a World Cup winners medal, in which he barely played a part, and a Copa Del Rey.

I didn't say Mata would be the "rallying player with passion and desire to make Arsenal finally win something". I just said Barton isn't what Arsenal need in that area, not related to Mata.

Barton hasnt got anything mentally that arsenal need.

Song is there to play the passing enforcer, and he is a beast at it, far better than Barton, one of the best in the league, i'd rather face Barton than him. If arsenal are looking for the experience and mental leadership, Jags and Samba are where its at, not Joey Barton

So thats what Arsenal need is it player that can pass?? Thats all they do at the moment and its a problem of theirs is it not? The constant pass, pass, pass, pass, pass ooh **** one too many. They have Wilshere and Ramsey who can both pass very well, they need someone with the mentality of Barton like they used to have in Vieira simple as that.

So thats what Arsenal need is it player that can pass?? Thats all they do at the moment and its a problem of theirs is it not? The constant pass, pass, pass, pass, pass ooh **** one too many. They have Wilshere and Ramsey who can both pass very well, they need someone with the mentality of Barton like they used to have in Vieira simple as that.

Vieira was better than Barton as an actual football player at his job. Not too much use in having someone to rally the troops up if he's not that great. Barton has some things Vieira didn't have but those things are not what Arsenal needs.

Last edited:

FFS as usual you are deliberately being obtuse. Their passing isnt a problem becuase they score a ton of goals, their problems are a lack of leadership and communication in central defence, in particular at set pieces. Hence Jags or Samba, their Problem isnt midfield or up front.

And dont compare Barton to Vieira in terms of mentality, becuase he doesnt even come close.

Last edited:
Vieira was better than Barton as an actual football player at his job. Not too much use in having someone to rally the troops up if he's not that great. Barton has some things Vieira didn't have but those things are not what Arsenal needs.

Of corse he was but that Arsenal was better than this Arsenal, times have changed.

FFS as usual you are deliberately being obtuse. Their passing isnt a problem becuase they scorea ton of goals, their problems are a lack of leadership and communication in central defence, in particular at set pieces. Hence Jags or Samba, their Problem isnt midfield or up front.

And dont compare Barton to Vieira in terms of mentality, becuase he doesnt even come close.

He comes alot closer than Song does thats for sure. How am i being obtuse, im saying what i think simple as that. Im not saying his best aspect is helping to score goals im saying his leadership skills and mentality is much better than Song's. Samba isent a natural leader, he is a beast but not a leader. Arsenal have two decent CB's in Djorou and Vermaelen when fit.

Of corse he was but that Arsenal was better than this Arsenal, times have changed.

He comes alot closer than Song does thats for sure. How am i being obtuse, im saying what i think simple as that. Im not saying his best aspect is helping to score goals im saying his leadership skills and mentality is much better than Song's. Samba isent a natural leader, he is a beast but not a leader. Arsenal have two decent CB's in Djorou and Vermaelen when fit.

Why do you think Wenger would be happy with a team weaker than what he had 7 years ago? Obviously he strives to have the best team and Arsenal is still a big club, so why would he take a step down?

Last edited:

He comes alot closer than Song does thats for sure. How am i being obtuse, im saying what i think simple as that. Im not saying his best aspect is helping to score goals im saying his leadership skills and mentality is much better than Song's. Samba isent a natural leader, he is a beast but not a leader.Arsenal have two decent CB's in Djorou and Vermaelen when fit.

Samba isnt a leader? lol, just lol. Who says the leader has to be in midfield? Arsenal dont want or need Barton

Back