info0

Reaction score
It will be my first release of tactic for FM. Ever.

The tactic was made on 14.1.3 version of the game, but I can't see why it wouldn't work on 14.1.4 (though you would need to change corner setup for Far Post).

The tactic is 4141 (which I started making back in FM12 and constantly improved upon): [the screenshot is from 2nd season after some transfers were done]:

nzfuya.jpg

As you can see it's really simple in design. Utilizing flat back 4, Deep Lying Playmaker, 4 Midfielder with Wingers, and Complete Forward...

However, the mystery is how this all works. I always fancied how Bayern plays under Guardiola. Everyone can swap positions, there is no said formula how they goal will be scored. It can come from anywhere, cross, through ball, etc.

The KEY players for this formation to work are: DLP, CF and Wingers...

Deep Lying Playmaker needs to have good passing and understanding of the game. Think of Javi Martinez/Sandro type player here. He will most likely be the first one to play ball out of defense to teammates.

Wingers - speed, crossing, decisions and dribbling. They will harass opposition. Spread or cut inside for shooting opportunity ;). Think Robben/Ribery in real life :D. (tested this in Poland with Legia using Zyro/Kosecki on ML and Radovic on RM and it worked wonderfully too).

Complete Forward - strong guy, who can hold up ball a bit, tall is not necessary, but a bonus would be heading ability. Of course the higher the finishing the better. He will also add in some assists (Soldado screen).

What I like the most however, is the stability it gives in defense. We all know that 14.1.3 is horrible in terms of defensive stability and GK are making howlers or something (happened a lot to me).

Not as much here. It's rock solid for me.

Started test with Tottenham, with set aim for Europe League place. Haven't bought ANYONE till January, when I have sold Holtby and brought in Goretzka. That was the only transfer done 1st season!

First of all Game Status:

6h2cfq.jpg

People who know me from CM forums know that I don't cheat. Here is proof. ;)

League table after 38 games was like this:

2n8y261.jpg

Yep. Unbeaten whole season with least goals conceded. Pretty **** good, considering my defense being injury prone (Kaboul was more injured than he played -.-).

Here is the fixture list:

1zpu1kz.jpg

16kuy5v.jpg

37dyc.jpg

Lost in Europe League Final being way better team, but some things never changed from CM days (superkeepers and 1 shot 1 goal wonders :D).

Taken stats from 2 games:

vs Crystal Palace

20qx5bm.jpg

vs Man Utd (2nd season)

2rg2fyq.jpg

Oppressive much?

2nd season table so far:

2vhta0x.jpg

And statistics for 2 players last season:

Hugo Lloris:

30nb42w.jpg

Roberto Soldado:

10zxzew.jpg

You can see I play on Football Manager Classic version, reason being, I am planning to get Vita version of the game and want cross-save to play when I go to work. FM is so addictive ;).

Don't worry though, I have done tests on full game too:

Training:

Pre-Season: Team Cohesion v. high + tactics only + slider 50% tactics

In Season: Att. Movement + Balanced Average/High + Slider 30%

OI:

None

Team Talks:

Assistant Manager with High Motivation ;)

Use the same tactic home and away. Pretty much plug and play. Hey, if it worked with Legia (winning the league with ease and getting to Europe League Qtr Finals in 1st season), it should work anywhere... :p

Download link:

info0 4141 Pep v3

(it has got short CB implemented, if you don't like it remove it)

Critique is very welcome, but it must be comprehensive and elaborate one. I don't want to read "it sucks" without providing valid points as to why you think so. The more details the better way to improve on it.

Plus I will always advise: EXPERIMENT. Formation is only a base to build upon.

14.1.4 version should be coming soon, but need to do complete tests before releasing anything (first I must be pleased with results on various teams :p).

ENJOY!

EDIT:

nb24bk.jpg

Not that bad

EDIT 2:

Here is a proof that when game wants you beaten, there is nothing you can do about this:

xswn4.jpg

Super keepered + 2 goals from 3 shots on target. Yeah... :p

14.1.4 tactic

The new tactic for 14.1.4 is here:

DreamHunter_v5

The tactic is 4-1-2-1-2

4x flat at the back (2x WB 2x CB)
1x DLP
2x BWM
1x Engache
2x Poacher

Don't change player roles. It works best as it's now. Tried it for over 20 seasons with Lech then 10 seasons with Gornik in Poland. It does work, but give it some time ;).

I will try and post screenshots asap. As for players needed, go with recommended stuff for each player position (highlighted attributes should be at least 12).

Training

Same as above, but in season instead of Att. movement do Defensive Positioning.

Last edited:
Looks good, will definitely try it out when i get home!

Im using this with Monaco, who should play CM and who should play DM between Moutinho and Toulalan? I ask this because despite Toulalan being the natural DM, your tactic seems to have the DM set as deep lying playmaker which you say should require good passing and understanding of the game. Moutinho is the better passer however

nice one mate , will try it and hope u have a tons of success with it

14.1.3?? almost every tactic worked good in that patch, now on 14.1.4 is a different story =( well done anyways m8! u didnt update ur game ?

Moutinho should do better there from my experience ;).

1zo7war.jpg

Performance vs Man City...

Then my best result yet:

a1qx09.jpg

(only 2 goals came from corner)

And the run still goes on:

33utssj.jpg

:D

Must say, didn't expect such performance from Spurs. However, must say Eriksen loves it (on ML).

Ach I remember: since CM days, when I played 2x CM formations, I always loved to field more attacking on Left/more defensive guy on right. Here: Dembele on left/Paulinho right. This works well. They also have one more trait needed sometimes, long range shooting. If they have those, they will net a few for team :).

Here are Eriksen stats:

2hgdbmo.jpg

Easily, my best player at the moment :p.

@kokodot no. Not yet. Having network reworked and hardly can download anything. The maintenance will end on Monday ;).

Reading through change logs I "predict" what I can expect really. Doubt I will have to do massive changes (obvious one being set pieces for corners). Rest I should see, watching full games unfold :).

Last edited:
This tactic will tire your midfield fast due to pressure, if your players condition drops ~70% sub them.

But if you do:

16i6z2s.jpg

(best I have ever done on any FM to date :D)

what is the latest corner tactics setup liked?

i also have added the new corner setup (from user pn91)
nice to hear you have success with that too.

they removed the corner bug and made it a lot more easier to score from corners ;)

nice to hear you have success with that too.

they removed the corner bug and made it a lot more easier to score from corners ;)
yes i know mate. your setup is a must with the new patch. i have scored in two matches in a row with your setup and i am not using my best header, but my forwards.

second match:
View attachment 450541

thank you info0!

No problems mate ;). Glad it works for you ;).

Well, my 58 unbeaten run came to an end after being routed by Man Utd 5-1 :(. Decided to field reserve squad and wrong pre-match talk (something I am prepared bla bla nonsense). Ended how it ended...

8ydizk.jpg

But bounced back on right track trashing Chelsea 0-5 away from home :D.

Last edited:
I had incredible success in FM13 using a 4141. It's solid defensively and makes your team attack in block. It consistently gives you 8 players attacking and 9 players defending.

Tried with Polish teams with great success, so I guess, it should work with any team really. :p

Finished 2nd season with Spurs.

16bj1ts.jpg

Lost unfairly vs Schalke 4-3 on aggregate in CL Quarter, won Capital One Cup, lost on pens to Man Utd (who have one of the strongest teams around here :O).

Quite happy with this season. ;P