Yeah, I have not changed mentality for home/away games.

If game want to mess you up, the game will do it regardless of settings (just like that 5-1 thumping I got from Man Utd in 2nd season, I easily won vs them in 3rd 0-5 at OT... Using basically same team).

I believe there will be less fluctuation in results when playing the full game (not classic like I do). You can have much more impact with team talks/training and stuff like that (PPMs can help too, although, I always went with what Back room recommended). ;)

@maverick try it for yourself.

In my tactic, on overview wingers are flat, but... When you play game, you will see the formation changing shape in attack to 42121 (something like Ajax played when Eriksen was there). With DLP switching position to more advanced playmaker.

Two wingers push forward. I haven't given them much instructions so, they will either cross or cut inside to try and score goal.

It's quite a joy to watch in motion.

As to when will I release next version, I still need to do lots of tests (but now have some more free time :p).

Ok. Finally got 14.1.4 patch up and running and my God they changed a lot as I predicted ;).

So new tactic is not going to be 4141 anymore. Going back to making my favorite of all time work here.

So far doing tests with Lech Poznan in Poland.

Championship Group

280iav9.jpg

Ekstraklasa Table

2uzv577.jpg

Might say it's doing things I didn't expect (like having very good defense - and good attack [+40 GD]). Yes, the screenshot is from 2016, but before this I have won the league in 2014, in 2015 I finished 2nd losing the league by 1 point (stupid rules at the end of the season as finished normal Ekstraklasa 8 points clear of 2nd...).

Some tweaks here and there and I will probably upload it ;).

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm using this tactic 14.1.3 and it is wonderful maybe the best for 14.1.3. Thanks for sharing.

The new tactic for 14.1.4 is here:

DreamHunter_v5

The tactic is 4-1-2-1-2

4x flat at the back (2x WB 2x CB)
1x DLP
2x BWM
1x Engache
2x Poacher

Don't change player roles. It works best as it's now. Tried it for over 20 seasons with Lech then 10 seasons with Gornik in Poland. It does work, but give it some time ;).

I will try and post screenshots asap. As for players needed, go with recommended stuff for each player position (highlighted attributes should be at least 12).

fm2013-12-0520-15-18-934.png

Was unbeaten after 20 games. Let's see how this goes now. Into FA Cup Qtr Final and Europe League KO stage (vs Saint Etienne in 1st KO Rnd).

Unfortunately, dropped out of EL, lost in FA Qtr (2x red carded O_O). Won the league being 8 points clear of 2nd.

fm2013-12-0520-35-21-862.png

;)

I am trying to get other formation working too. Hoping for the best ;).

Last edited:
Ill test your latest tactic tonight and give you feedback :) looks very good. What training you suggest with it or the same as your opening tactic?

As it's pretty attacking I would go with Defensive Positioning after tactics gets fluid.

Did a quick holiday test with Man Utd.

View attachment 447884

Of course, holiday testing on FM should be taken with pint of salt (always thought that way) as results are much better when actually playing the game yourself ;).

wonder if this will work with recent patches.. may go test it out now :)

wonder if this will work with recent patches.. may go test it out now :)
it's still working. I was using presets for player + team instructions to rebuild the tactic 1:1 but with default set piece instructions and mixed for all set pieces when testing with 3 different clubs.

Bayern Munich
View attachment 429250View attachment 429249View attachment 429248

Gladbach (media prediction 9th)
View attachment 429246View attachment 429245View attachment 429244

Braunschweig (media prediction 18th)
View attachment 429243View attachment 429242View attachment 429241

the original version and the tweak with just default set pieces stopped working since 14.3.
I made some tweaks:
- W(A)to WM
- DLP(S) to HB(D)
- FB to WB
- using default set pieces + mixed settings
download link: https://www.mediafire.com/?fpzsap120qso1ui

my results:
Bayern
View attachment 408888View attachment 408887View attachment 408886

Gladbach (media prediction 8th)
View attachment 408885View attachment 408884View attachment 408883

Braunschweig (media prediction 18th)