images

UEFA European Championship
Quarter Finals

Wales 0-3 Spain
Llorente, Muniain, Bojan

Line Up: Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Dominguez, Pique, Jose Angel, Fabregas (Ander Herrera), Iniesta, Pedro (Mata), Aitor Herrera, Muniain*, Llorente (Bojan)

Fernando Torres got injured in the build up to the game and will miss the rest of the tournament. Another easy game for Spain who had an Aitor Herrera goal disallowed also. Thats 17 goals now in 5 games in the competition. Got Germany in the semi final

------------

Norway 1-3 Germany
Croatia 2-0 Italy
France 0-0 Belgium (aet)
(France won on penalties)

images

Semi Finals

Germany 1-2 Spain
Llorente (pen), Busquets

Line Up:
Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Dominguez, Pique, Jose Angel*, Fabregas (Javi Martinez), Iniesta (Busquets), Pedro, Aitor Herrera, Muniain, Llorente

Phew!!! Went a goal up before being pegged back before half time. Alvaro Dominguez got sent off early on in the second half so I put on two defensive minded midfielders to help us out a bit and it paid off when Busquets scored the winner in injury time.(Just noticed that I forgot to delete the fake files so Germany didnt have their proper players playing - Annoying even though I have benefitted)

----------

Croatia 0-3 France

Last edited:
Very good story updates very easy to read when your last league update

Well done on winning the league! Great result. Good luck in the Championship with Spain, shouldn't be to hard. Also good luck with the up comming season.

images

Final

Spain 4-1 France
Llorente 2, Fabregas, Aitor Herrera

Line Up: Casillas, Sergio Ramos (Azpilicueta), Munoz (Javi Martinez), Pique, Jose Angel, Fabregas, Iniesta (Ander Herrera), Pedro, Aitor Herrera, Muniain, Llorente*

France: Lloris, Corchia (Sagna), Varane, Sakho, Cissokho, Sissoko, Martin (Roux), Menez, Grenier (Koscielny), Nasri, Benzema

Champions again. We absolutely battered them. Went one nil up on 5min but Benzema equalised shortly after. Llorente put us ahead before half time and after that it was all one way traffic.

After the tournament the following jobs became available - Belgium, Croatia, England, France, Holland, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Scotland, Slovakia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine and Wales. Never seen so many at the same time!

Iker Muniain won the player of the tournament award (Aitor Herrera 2nd)
Lewandowski won the golden boot (Llorente 2nd)

DREAM TEAM
Iker Casillas
Sergio Ramos
Alvaro Dominguez
Andrea Ranocchia
Jose Angel
Jeremy Menez
Iker Muniain
Aitor Herrera

Cesc Fabregas
Robert Lewandowski
Fernando Llorente

images

Cheers for the comments folks - tempted to leave Spain as it isnt the hardest job in the world - yet as I have loaded up the Spanish league as the only playable one it has a more realistic pool of players. Plenty of jobs to choose from mind you!

Rejected France, Scotland, Portugal, Holland and Italy. Alan Shearer is England manager and Graeme Souness is the new Scotland boss.

Try croatia or somewhere like that, that would be a challenge.

Try croatia or somewhere like that, that would be a challenge.

To late now - all the jobs gone. Anyway Aitor Herrera isnt Croatian so that couldnt be a possibility lol

Cheers for the comments folks - tempted to leave Spain as it isnt the hardest job in the world - yet as I have loaded up the Spanish league as the only playable one it has a more realistic pool of players. Plenty of jobs to choose from mind you!

I say stick with Spain but only using players from your club, might be fun ;)

fantastic career mate!

I say stick with Spain but only using players from your club, might be fun ;)

fantastic career mate!

At one point in a friendly I had 10 out of 11 on the pitch. Casillas was in goal but everyone else was mine - Azpilicueta, San Jose, Ekiza, Monreal, Ander Herrera, Javi Martinez, Muniain, Aitor Herrera, Vadillo and Llorente.

Aurtenetxe, Sanz, Ugalde and Susaeta are also capped while Cidoncha, Garcia, Ayechu and Alonso arent too far away (just need regular games). Oscar De Marcos might get one - he can play in every outfield position apart from cb and has never let me down. The ultimate squad player

I'd have just left Spain. Keep going on in the league and go for the big 3 you can win.

At one point in a friendly I had 10 out of 11 on the pitch. Casillas was in goal but everyone else was mine - Azpilicueta, San Jose, Ekiza, Monreal, Ander Herrera, Javi Martinez, Muniain, Aitor Herrera, Vadillo and Llorente.

Aurtenetxe, Sanz, Ugalde and Susaeta are also capped while Cidoncha, Garcia, Ayechu and Alonso arent too far away (just need regular games). Oscar De Marcos might get one - he can play in every outfield position apart from cb and has never let me down. The ultimate squad player

well I do have this long term goal in my San Marino save, winning everything with both club and country only using players produced at the club! Not even that far from that actually, if it wasn't for dual nationality players rejecting our NT.

You might be just ready to achieve that would be like winning World Cup with Athletic Bilbao, truly a cantera policy :)

images

PRE SEASON - AUGUST

Athletic Bilbao win Spanish Super Cup
Bilbao get Napoli, Metalist Kharkiv and Saint-Etienne in Champions League
Bilbao sell a couple of players but resist the temptation to bring in Griezmann and Illarramendi
The "big 3" all drop points in first 2 games

AIMS
World domination! lol.
B team to stay up in 2nd division after promotion
Keep developing those youngsters

The Champions League could be interesting this year as some unusual teams are there - Fulham, Eintracht Frankfurt, Saint-Etienne, Auxerre and somehow two Swiss sides are in the same group!

PLAYERS IN
Just 3 regens for at a total of £3.8m

PLAYERS OUT
Benat to Atletico Madrid £6.75m
Fernando Amorebieta to Corinthians £1.5m

LIGA BBVA TRANSFERS
Kyriakos Papadopoulos to Barcelona £21m
Leonel Galeano to Valencia £8.5m
Tomas Podstawski to Valladolid £6.5m
Antonio Valencia to Atletico Madrid £4m
Plus a fair few regens bobbling about

Thought about bringng in Griezmann and Illarramendi and even had bids accepted (£15m and £17m respectively) but decided against it. Illarramendi would hinder Cidoncha and Griezmann wouldnt get in ahead of Muniain or Aitor Herrera. Sold Benat to give Cidoncha more game time and likewise Amorebieta to benefit Ugalde.

Spanish Super Cup Final 1st Leg
Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Las Palmas
Garcia, Perez Ostos

Athletic Bilbao 5-0 Villarreal
Aitor Herrera, Ekiza, Sanz 2, Ugalde

Atletico Madrid 2-2 Athletic Bilbao
Aitor Herrera, Vadillo

Spanish Super Cup Final 2nd Leg
Las Palmas 2-4 Athletic Bilbao
Vadillo 2, Sanz, Garcia

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALVARO VADILLO

images

images

SEPTEMBER

Hat tricks for Sanz and Muniain in the same game!
Barca lose 3-0 to Valencia but beat Almeria 8-1
Barcelona 4-0 Real Madrid
Two comfortable victories for Spain

Enjoying a great start to the season. Against Valladolid we were 5 up in 20min but only scored 2 more - one of my pet hates that! lol. Against Deportivo we were awful especially when Azpilicueta got sent off after 30min but Muniain who scored 11 for cluc and country during the month scored twice in the last 5min to win.

Athletic Bilbao 7-0 Real Valladolid
Sanz 4(1pen), Muniain 3

UEFA Champions League Group G
Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Saint-Etienne
Sanz, Vadillo

Osasuna 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain, Cejudo (og)

Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Las Palmas
Aitor Herrera, Muniain, Llorente

Deportivo La Coruna 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain 2

Napoli 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Aitor Herrera, Llorente (pen), Ekiza

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
IKER MUNIAIN

images

View attachment 235246

SPAIN

World Cup Qualifiers Group 6

Iceland 1-5 Spain
Fabregas, Muniain 2, Torres, Pedro

Spain 4-0 Malta
Muniain 2, Pique, Aitor Herrera

images

OCTOBER

Barca fail to win 1 league game in the month
Aitor Herrera and Jon Alonso out for 2-3 months each
Bilbao are 5pts clear of Real Madrid and 11 clear of Barcelona
Sevilla and Almeria looking for managers
Spain humiliated by Israel

Its looking good! Barca are pretty much already out of it after they had a nightmare October despite having some brilliant regens. We got lucky against them as a draw would have been a fair result but Aitor Herrera got injured in that match so serves them right! lol. Going to play Ander Herrera further forward to give Cidoncha 2-3 months of regular starts - potential world class player there!

Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Sevilla
Ander Herrera

Barcelona 3-5 Athletic Bilbao
Valdes (og), Llorente, Ekiza, Pique (og), Susaeta

Metalist Kharkiv 0-0 Athletic Bilbao

Athletic Bilbao 2-2 Valencia
Muniain, Javi Martinez

Copa del Rey 4th Round 1st Leg

Marino 0-3 Athletic Bilbao
Garcia, Ayechu, Sanz (pen)

Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Malaga
Llorente 3(1pen)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FERNANDO LLORENTE

images

View attachment 235313

SPAIN

World Cup Qualifying Group 6

Spain 2-0 Greece
Aitor Herrera, Pique

Israel 2-0 Spain

Great start in the league! Looking like a push for the title is on again. I wil have to ask what an earth happened aganist Israel?

Great start in the league! Looking like a push for the title is on again. I wil have to ask what an earth happened aganist Israel?

God knows - from memory it is only my 2nd defeat with Spain. I was a goal down with 20min to go and went to overload - they scored and I had one disallowed. Was quite surprised at how annoyed I was as have pretty much been going through the motions with Spain so I thought I wouldnt care as much! lol