Have only just started reading this (Don't check stories that often) and whilst playing catch up i must say i am impressed and enjoying the story, especially with the regen play

images

FEBRUARY

Bilbao remain unbeaten in the league
Away win is obtained in 1st leg v FC Porto
Valencia await in Copa del Rey final
Bilbao concede 3 to rivals Real Sociedad - but thankfully score 3 also

Frustrating month I would say with too many draws. Had injuries especially in cm area with Jose, Santano and Ordonez Lopez all picking up injuries. Young cb Hondo N'Dongo was superb though and is beginning to push stalwart San Jose out of the side.

Copa del Rey SF 2nd leg
Atletico Madrid 2-2 Athletic Bilbao
Rodriguez, Hondo N'Dongo

Atletico Madrid 0-0 Athletic Bilbao

Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Sporting Gijon
Garcia 2, Gomez Comas

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
FC Porto 0-3 Athletic Bilbao
Hondo N'Dongo 2, Garcia

Real Sociedad 3-3 Athletic Bilbao
Herrera, Hondo N'Dongo, Muniain

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Levante
Muniain 2

Villarreal 0-0 Athletic Bilbao

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
OCEANO HONDO N'DONGO
View attachment 243595

View attachment 243596

Brilliant story! Should have checked this out earlier

images

MARCH

Barcelona beaten once again!
Bilbao to face Manchester United in Champions League QF
One great player in this years intake - made debut v Zaragoza aged 15
Spain win away against England

A good month with wins over some of Spains bigger sides. Still lots of injuries and suspensions but everyone who is coming in is doing a great job. This years youth intake was decent. Roberto Carlos said one guy was the best of his generation and he did look alright - he must have never seen this guy though..........

INTRODUCING
JOSE LUIS IZURZA

View attachment 243666

Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Granada
Garcia 2, Gomez

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Barcelona
Hondo N'Dongo 2

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Athletic Bilbao 3-1 FC Porto
Muniain, Herrera, Cidoncha

Valencia 0-2 Athletic Bilbao
Barandiaran, Gomez Comas

Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Sevilla
Sanz, Gomez Comas, Herrera

Las Palmas 0-2 Athletic Bilbao
Hondo N'Dongo, Muniain

Athletic Bilbao 3-2 Real Zaragoza
Barandiaran, Cidoncha, Garcia

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PEDRO JOSE CIDONCHA

View attachment 243661

View attachment 243662

SPAIN

Friendly

England 2-3 Spain
Perez Villarroya, Santano, Garcia

View attachment 243546

Just £500m behind! lol. To be fair when I started we were worth under £100m I think so I have caught up a fair bit. Would be worth more if I wasnt paying my B team players good wages (some at 20k a week). Unless a great youngster comes along and ousts a 1st teamer I can only see Vadillo being sold in the near future as Azpilicueta and San Jose will get coaching jobs so no point selling them like I did with Javi Martinez and Ander Herrera.

can you give any tips on how to do this with most clubs transfer etc

can you give any tips on how to do this with most clubs transfer etc

I was fortunate cos we had a new stadium already planned which boosted the clubs finances. However I have not spent much cash and sold on players for great fees when I have youngsters ready to take their place. It is easier to do this with Bilbao though as I am restricted to the players that I can sign obviously. If I was Newcastle say I would have spent much more cash on regens to jump straight into the 1st team!

I was fortunate cos we had a new stadium already planned which boosted the clubs finances. However I have not spent much cash and sold on players for great fees when I have youngsters ready to take their place. It is easier to do this with Bilbao though as I am restricted to the players that I can sign obviously. If I was Newcastle say I would have spent much more cash on regens to jump straight into the 1st team!

funny you say newcastle as an exaple i started a new save with them today i just dont understand how a club bank balance can go from say 130m to 92m by the end of the season when i only spend 4million on players

funny you say newcastle as an exaple i started a new save with them today i just dont understand how a club bank balance can go from say 130m to 92m by the end of the season when i only spend 4million on players

Bungs!

Most likely they're loosing money through other means apart from what you've spent on transfers.

Going to start a save with them in a few weeks with my new database once all the promotions and relegations are done so I wont have that problem as we will have Champions League money in it (ahem) ......... lol.

Liking the looks of the new kid Jose Luis Izurza. Cracking name, haha.

Liking the looks of the new kid Jose Luis Izurza. Cracking name, haha.

Got some belters in my u19s namewise - Manuel Bilbao/ Jokin Leonardo/ Borja Martinez Cid - and I expect all 3 to become 1st teamers (maybe not Bilbao as he is a rw and have Gomez Comas and Izurza but might just keep him for his name)

Last edited:
Going to start a save with them in a few weeks with my new database once all the promotions and relegations are done so I wont have that problem as we will have Champions League money in it (ahem) ......... lol.

Sorry to get off topic for a bit, but over at SI forums someone has created a set of database changes specifically for Newcastle in order to closer resemble the actual abilities of their players. I know some players got a nice boost especially like Cisse and Ben Arfa. Just thought I'd mention this seeing as you're a Newcastle supporter. Here's a link to the post regarding the database stuff http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277314-FM2012-Newcastle-United-thread-Triumphing-by-brave-defending.....well-maybe!?p=7759792&viewfull=1#post7759792

Now back to Athletic.

Got some belters in my u19s namewise - Manuel Bilbao/ Jokin Leonardo/ Borja Martinez Cid - and I expect all 3 to become 1st teamers (maybe not Bilbao as he is a rw and have Gomez Comas and Izurza but might just keep him for his name)

Manuel Bilbao! He was born for this team! Shame he plays RW though but guess when you have a good youth intake its hard to get anywhere.