I miss my Iker Muniain. This is my fav story on site ATM. It's class and well thought through. Any other signings for summer thought out?

Cheers mate. No signings apart from any 16 y/o that turn up such is the challenge with Bilbao. Just found a regen in my u19s I completely forgot about (even though I paid some cash for him) - he has scored nearly 50 goals and will be in first team next season. Will sell Agirretxe.
View attachment 233360

Cheers mate. No signings apart from any 16 y/o that turn up such is the challenge with Bilbao. Just found a regen in my u19s I completely forgot about (even though I paid some cash for him) - he has scored nearly 50 goals and will be in first team next season. Will sell Agirretxe.
View attachment 233360

The new Aitor lol

images

(Will employ her if Muniain and Aitor Herrera make speedy recoveries!)

MARCH

• [*=center]Athletic Bilbao to face Liverpool in Champions League Semi-Final
    [*=center]Muniain out for 6 weeks
    [*=center]Bilbao challenge for title slipping away

No title this year methinks. Didnt mind drawing against Betis but the Granada game killed us even if we did come back from 2 down. To try and win the title without my 2 best players will be extremely tough. Next month we face Liverpool twice, Barca and Real Madrid at home as well as the derby against Real Sociedad and games against Valencia and Sevilla. No potential superstars in this year youth intake either! Hmph.

Noticed Sanz in the youth team has nearly 50 goals. Will sell Agirretxe and promote him to be Llorente's backup.

Athletic Bilbao 5-0 Almeria
Muniain 2, Vadillo, Amorebieta, Ander Herrera

Real Betis 1-1 Athletic Bilbao
San Jose

Deportivo La Coruna 0-3 Athletic Bilbao
Ander Herrera 2, Muniain

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Athletic Bilbao 1-3 Juventus
Muniain
(Athletic Bilbao won on away goals)

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Mallorca
Llorente, Ander Herrera

Granada 2-2 Athletic Bilbao
Amorebieta, Llorente

Athletic Bilbao 1-1 Malaga
Javi Martinez

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDER HERRERA
images

View attachment 233366

SPAIN

Friendly
Slovakia 0-2 Spain
Torres 2

Lol that's two Injured Muniains between us lol. Unlucky with injuries

images

APRIL

Useless Bilbao go 5 league games without a win
U19s win League and Cup
Bilbao Ath. win league to qualify for promotion play-offs

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(the kind of month where you just want to throw your laptop in the bin) was even 2-0 and 3-1 up away to Arsenal. Not happy.

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg
Liverpool 1-1 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente

Valencia 2-1 Athletic Bilbao
De Marcos

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg
Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Liverpool (Aet)
Iturraspe, Vadillo

Athletic Bilbao 2-2 Real Madrid
Pepe (og), Susaeta

Real Sociedad 1-1 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente

Sevilla 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
Susaeta, Caceres (og)

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg

Athletic Bilbao 1-2 Arsenal
Sagna (og)

Athletic Bilbao 4-1 Hercules
Benat, Vadillo 2, Ayechu

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg
Arsenal 3-3 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente, Susaeta 2

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

HA YOU GOT TO BE JOKING!!!!

View attachment 233388

Its not that bad.. You drew with Madrid, beat Sevilla, Liverpool and Hercules

Unlucky bud. Your team were due a dodgey month just a shame it was so late in the season

images

MAY/END OF SEASON
(up to Champions League Final)

• [*=center]Barca win the league, Real Madrid the cup
    [*=center]Malaga go down!
    [*=center]Luis Enrique takes over at Atletico Madrid
    [*=center]Manchester City win Champions League
    [*=center]Muniain wins Spanish Player and Young Player of the Year

A good way to end the season (even beat bogey team Osasuna) and only finished 6pts off winning the league. That one bad month and injuries at the same time to Aitor Herrera and Muniain cost me dearly. Overall I suppose it was a decent season but left thinking what might have been.

Las Palmas 2-3 Athletic Bilbao
De Marcos 2, Susaeta

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Barcelona
Fontas (og), Llorente

Athletic Bilbao 3-1 Osasuna
Muniain, Aitor Herrera, Ayechu

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Oscar De Marcos
images

View attachment 233399View attachment 233400View attachment 233401View attachment 233402

your so close to winning the league... I reckon next season you'll win. Any signings in mind for the summer?

throughout the story...u got so many updates on rafa benitez....this guy is so unstable...moving from club to club...being unable to make impact newhere...one **** of a freak !!

images

SPAIN
Pre World Cup

David Villa cut from squad
8 Athletic Bilbao players make it in

SQUAD

GOALKEEPERS
Iker Casillas (Real Madrid)
Victor Valdes (Barcelona)
Jose Manuel Reina (Liverpool)

DEFENDERS
Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
Gerard Pique (Barcelona)
Mikel San Jose (Athletic Bilbao)
Jose Angel (Roma)
Natxo Monreal (Athletic Bilbao)
Cesar Azpilicueta (Athletic Bilbao)
Alvaro Dominguez (Atletico Madrid)

MIDFIELDERS
Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid)
Andre Iniesta (Barcelona)
Javi Martinez (Athletic Bilbao)
Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona)
David Silva (Manchester City)
Aitor Herrera (Athletic Bilbao)
Ander Herrera (Athletic Bilbao)
Xavi (Barcelona)
Pedro (Barcelona)
Iker Muniain (Athletic Bilbao)
Sergi Busqets (Barcelona)

FORWARDS
Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao)

Friendlies
Spain 2- 1Ghana
Torres, San Jose (pen)

Team: Casillas, Sergio Ramos (Azpilicueta), Pique, San Jose*, Jose Angel (Monreal), Xavi (Fabregas), Iniesta (Ander Herrera), Muniain, Aitor Herrera, Silva (Pedro), Torres (Llorente)

Last minute penalty wins the game. Had 30 shots on goal and Sergio Ramos picked up a knock.
images

Spain 4-2 Ivory Coast
Tiote (og), Muniain, Pedro, Fabregas

Team: Casillas (Reina), Azpilicueta, Pique (Dominguez), San Jose, Monreal, Xavi (Javi Martinez), Iniesta* (Ander Herrera), Muniain, Aitor Herrera (Fabregas), Pedro, Torres (Llorente)

Comfortable victory but Fernando Torres broke his arm and is out for 5/6 weeks but somehow I cant call up a replacement. Although Llorente is my only other natural striker in the squad I do also have Muniain and Aitor Herrera who can play up top. Excellent game from Iniesta who got 3 assists.
images

Saudi Arabia 1-3 Spain
Ander Herrera, Llorente, Aitor Herrera

Team: Casillas, Azpilicueta, Pique (Javi Martinez), San Jose (Busquets), Monreal (Jose Angel), Xavi (Xabi Alonso), Ander Herrera (Fabregas), Muniain, Aitor Herrera, Pedro (Silva), Llorente*

First goals for Spain for the Herrera's.
images

Loving this story mate. Was thinking of doing a Bilbao story myself so I search the forums to see if anyone else is doing one and well, yours is too good for me to even compete with.

Keep up the great updates and hopefully, next season will be your time to win the league.

Loving this story mate. Was thinking of doing a Bilbao story myself so I search the forums to see if anyone else is doing one and well, yours is too good for me to even compete with.

Keep up the great updates and hopefully, next season will be your time to win the league.

Cheers!!!!! If my game crashes as it has a habit doing (although backing up my save now) i pass the bilbao baton over to you! lol

Unlucky in the league, many things going right though. Hopefully next season will be the clubs year to take down Real and Barca.

images

Group D

Slovakia 0-2 Mexico

--------

Spain 3-3 Nigeria
Silva, Muniain, Llorente

Team: Casillas, Ramos, Pique, San Jose, Jose Angel (Monreal), Xavi (Ander Herrera), Iniesta (Fabregas), Muniain, Aitor Herrera, Silva, Llorente

Not the best of starts as although 1 down we threw away a 3-1 lead! Xavi nad Jose Angel got taken off injured and will miss a bit of the World Cup.

----------

Nigeria 3-1 Slovakia

----------

Mexico 1-4 Spain
Llorente 3, Muniain

Team: Casillas, Ramos (Azpilicueta), Pique, San Jose, Monreal, Ander Herrera, Iniesta (Javi Martinez), Muniain, Aitor Herrera, Silva (Pedro), Llorente*

Thats more like it. Aitor Herrera, Muniain and Llorente were unplayable in this game. Llorente scored a first half hat-trick.
images

------------

Nigeria 2-2 Mexico

------------

Spain 2-2 Slovakia
Iniesta, Aitor Herrera

Team: Casillas, Ramos, Pique, San Jose, Monreal, Ander Herrera (Javi Martinez), Iniesta (Fabregas), Muniain, Silva (Pedro), Aitor Herrera, Llorente

Went 2-0 down early on but fought back to draw and win the group. Croatia up next in the knock out round. England are an early casualty of the World Cup as is Scotland.

View attachment 233482

images

2nd Round

Croatia 0-3 Spain
San Jose, Aitor Herrera, Llorente

Team: Casillas, Ramos, Pique, San Jose, Monreal, Xavi (Busquets), Iniesta, Muniain, Aitor Herrera, Silva (Javi Martinez), Llorente

Comfortable passage through to the next round after a convincing victory against Croatia. Italy await us in the next round.

Brazil 1-2 Italy
Ukraine 1-2 France
Cameroon 2-0 Nigeria
Argentina 3-3 Portugal
(Argentina win on pens)
Canada 2-1 Sweden!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uruguay 2-0 Holland
Slovenia 3-0 Romania

images

QUARTER FINAL

Italy 2-3 Spain (aet)
Dominguez, Llorente 2

Team: Casillas, Ramos, Pique, San Jose (Dominguez), Monreal, Xavi (Xbi Alonso), Fabregas (Ander Herrera), Muniain, Aitor Herrera, Iniesta, Llorente*

Phew!!! One nil down until I equalised in the 86th minute. Went down in extra time too but Llorente struck twice for victory. Didnt eserve this win at all if I am honest. Uruguay in the semis - a nice draw!

France 0-0 Cameroon
(France won on penalties)
Canada 0-3 Uruguay
Argentina 4-0 Slovenia

Last edited:
images

(HOW MANY ****** LOGOS FOR A WORLD CUP DO YOU NEED)

SEMI-FINALS

Spain 2- 0 Uruguay
Muniain, Pereira (og)

Team: Casillas, Azpilicueta, Pique, San Jose, Monreal, Xavi (Javi Martinez), Iniesta (Ander Herrera), Muniain*, Aitor Herrera, Silva (Pedro), Llorente

Nice win. Uruguay had a goal disallowed that would have made it 1-1 but we were fairly comfortable otherwise. Torres is back fit but Llorente is the top scorer at the moment in the tournament.

Argentina 3-1 France

Going to be a great final mate. I hope Muniain scores the winning goal and that he wins player of the tournament. Messi may be a tough player to detain aswell. Mark him tight! Updated mine if you fancy a peek too.