images

MARCH

18pt lead at the top of the table now
Standard Liege knocked out - Lyon up next
Very poor youth intake this year
Spain defeat USA in a friendly

Another good solid month as we extended our lead at the top of the table. Not the hardest month fixture wise mind you but you still have to win the games! Got an awful youth intake this year and even nationwide it was poor with no stand-out youngster out there for me to poach!

Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Malaga
Torres, Alfredo, Gutierrez

Alaves 2-4 Athletic Bilbao
Alfredo, Izurza, Gutierrez, Damia

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg

Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Standard Liege
Gauna

Athletic Bilbao 4-0 Espanyol
Alfredo, Gutierrez, Torres 2

Levante 0-3 Athletic Bilbao
Gutierrez, Izurza, Vinas (pen)

Athletic Bilbao 3-2 Real Betis
Souissi (og), Barrenetxea, Ayechu

Real Oviedo 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Izurza, Hondo N'Dongo, Alfredo

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JAUME GUTIERREZ

View attachment 254287

View attachment 254288

SPAIN

Friendly

Spain 2-1 USA
Garcia, Torres

nope although it was an edited database at the time so i dunno if that made him appear or not - there were some games i played as Newcastle where Verratti was in it and in others he wasnt so I guess some players just appear sometimes
ohh right cheers, as for verratti that might be because you just had the league in view only, not for definite though

images

APRIL

Bilbao wrap up another league title with thrashing of Almeria
The match against Real Madrid sees Bilbao fail to score for the first time this season
Decent result away to Man Utd keeps us in with a chance
u19s win another title

The title was finally confirmed this month and in fine style with us smashing 7 past Almeria. We then battled out a no score draw against Real Madrid. Against Xerez I played a backup side and went a goal down and was about to lose our long unbeaten record at home until we got 2 penalties in the last 5 minutes!

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg
Lyon 0-1 Athletic Bilbao
Alfredo

Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Real Zaragoza
Vinas (pen), Ayechu, Toni

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg

Athletic Bilbao 3-1 Lyon
Ayechu 2, Vinas

Cadiz 0-2 Athletic Bilbao
Toni, Torres

Athletic Bilbao 7-0 Almeria
Garmendia, Valcarcel, Herrera, Vinas (pen), Perez Villarroya, Alcalde, Damia

Real Madrid 0-0 Athletic Bilbao

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg

Manchester United 3-2 Athletic Bilbao
Toni, Ayechu

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Xerez
Gutierrez 2(2pens)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TONI

View attachment 254384

View attachment 254385

This story s quite the ripper, mate... Jus read it fully.... Its oly becomin too easy to win the league as each season passes by;)... Ve u made any other story???. Wod lurve to giv it a read.. Congos on another league btw:)

Unbeaten seasons looking good!! Only a few games left to go!!

This story s quite the ripper, mate... Jus read it fully.... Its oly becomin too easy to win the league as each season passes by;)... Ve u made any other story???. Wod lurve to giv it a read.. Congos on another league btw:)

Going to be starting a Newcastle story shortly - probably just after the Euros as by then I will have done 20 years with Bilbao and Aitor will probably be gone - and Newcastle will have signed Messi by then lol

images

MAY - END OF SEASON

Bilbao lose to Barcelona for their only league defeat
Aitor does it again in the finals!
Bilbao finish with 8 men in the Copa del Rey final
Izurza, Torres and Perez Villarroya amongst the award winners
Bilbao B end up finishing 2nd in Liga Adelante

Where would I be without Aitor? Even at the age of 34 and with declining stats he is still performing brilliantly. In the Copa del Rey final we had Hondo N'Dongo sent off early on. I chucked Aitor up front and he scored twice. I then made 3 subs and had 2 people taken off injured!

In the Champions League final we dominated but couldnt score. Then with 5min to go in extra time Aitor for the umpteenth time scored with a free kick!

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg
Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Manchester United
Paterson (og), Pavic (og)

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Elche
Toni 2

Copa del Rey Final
Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Real Zaragoza
Herrera 2, Gutierrez

Barcelona 3-1 Athletic Bilbao
Valcarcel

Athletic Bilbao 0-0 Valencia

UEFA Champions League Final

Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Chelsea (aet)
Herrera

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
JOSE LUIS IZURZA

View attachment 254460
(so wanted to pick Aitor but had to put sentamentality aside - interested to see who the fans pick)

View attachment 254461View attachment 254462View attachment 254463View attachment 254464

AWARD WINNERS
Spanish Player of the Year/ Spanish Top Scorer - Jose Luis Izurza
Liga BBVA Player of the Year - Gaspar Perez Villarroya
Spanish Young Player of the Year - Albert Torres
Manager of the Year

Last edited:
images

SPAIN

PRE- WORLD CUP FRIENDLIES AND SQUAD

Spain 0-0 Peru

Argentina 1-2 Spain
Hondo N'Dongo, Perez Villarroya

Spain 2-0 Chile
Izurza 2

The Peru result was a bit embarrasing but I was really pleased with the Argentina result!

SQUAD

Goalkeepers

David (Athletic Bilbao) 97caps
Martin Saurez (Atletico Madrid) 3
Victor Manuel Serrano (Real Madrid) 1

Defenders

Jon Bergara (Athletic Bilbao) 9
Angel De la Torre (Athletic Bilbao) 122/1
Oceano Hondo N'Dongo (Athletic Bilbao) 90/16
Gontzal Ruiz (Athletic Bilbao) 55/1

Salva (Real Madrid) 6
Albert Torres (Athletic Bilbao) 16/1
Ander Valcarcel (Athletic Bilbao) 23/2

Midfielders
Pedro Jose Cidoncha (Barcelona) 155/12
Unai Garmendia (Athletic Bilbao) 56/7
Jaume Gutierrez (Athletic Bilbao) 29/2
Aitor Herrera (Athletic Bilbao) 206/63
Jose Luis Izurza (Athletic Bilbao) 55/22

Muralha (Atletico Madrid) 18
Gaspar Perez Villarroya (Athletic Bilbao) 92/23
Martin Ruiz (Chelsea) 54/3
Toni (Athletic Bilbao) 3
Juan Pedro Vinas (Athletic Bilbao) 8

Forwards
Alfredo (Athletic Bilbao) 54/19
Sergio Ayechu (Athletic Bilbao) 15/6
Fermin Garcia (Atletico Madrid) 157/106

Missing Out: Damia (Athletic Bilbao), Santano (Roma), Melendez (Real Sociedad), Antonio, Poyuelo (Barcelona), Martinez Cid, Ibanez (Atletico Madrid), Carranza, Bilbao (Valencia), Floria Valadez (Sevilla), Gomez (Napoli), Granell (Inter Milan)

Full strength squad again! Santano misses out because of his decline in old age and Toni has been great for me. Decided to pick Salva instead of Gomez and Ayechu instead of Antonio. The squad just has 16 players from Bilbao and 2 ex Bilbao players lol!

Last edited:
Still great mate, is your Newcastle story going to be picked up from this game? (eg start in 2030 or whatever year you are in atm)

Or you going to start from scratch?

Looking forward to more

images

WORLD CUP 2030
hosts - Italy

Group F

Czech.Republic 0-0 Spain

Line Up: David*, G.Ruiz, Hondo N'Dongo, Torres, De la Torre, Garmendia (Toni), Cidoncha (Vinas), Izurza, Herrera, Perez Villarroya, Garcia (Alfredo)
Not a good performance at all with the Czech. Republic even missing a penalty. The fact that David got the man of the match says it all really.

Honduras 4-0 Ecuador

----------

Spain 3-0 Honduras
Izurza 2, Garmendia

Line Up: David, G.Ruiz, Hondo N'Dongo, Torres, De la Torre (Bergara), Garmendia, Cidoncha (M.Ruiz), Izurza*, Herrera, Perez Villarroya (Gutierrez), Alfredo

Thats better! Took an early lead and was comfortable throughout in this match. I dropped Garcia because he hadnt performed in the previous 4 matches and as it happened Alfredo wasnt much use either!

Ecuador 1-2 Czech. Republic

----------

Ecuador
1-4 Spain
Ayechu, Izurza 2, Herrera

Line Up: David, G.Ruiz, Hondo N'Dongo (Salva), Torres, De la Torre, Toni (Garmendia), Cidoncha (Vinas), Izurza*, Herrera, Perez Villarroya, Ayechu

A comfortable win. Put Ayechu in to see if he could score unlike Garcia and Alfredo and he did. Garmendia was a booking away from suspension so played Toni who was poor.

Honduras
2-4 Czech. Republic

View attachment 254515

Still great mate, is your Newcastle story going to be picked up from this game? (eg start in 2030 or whatever year you are in atm)

Or you going to start from scratch?

Looking forward to more

Starting from scratch with a different database with all the summers changes to date.

images

WORLD CUP 2030

2nd Round

Turkey 1-2 Spain
Hondo N'Dongo, Ilhan (og)

Line Up: David, De la Torre, Hondo N'Dongo (Valcarcel), Torres, Bergara, Garmendia, Cidoncha, Izurza (Muralha), Herrera, Perez Villarroya*, Ayechu (Garcia)

A game of two halves. Cruised the first half and went into the break two up but we were shocking in the second half. Need to improve.

------------

Argentina 3-1 Germany
Italy 2-1 Portugal
Czech.Republic 3-0 Croatia
Holland 4-0 USA
Japan
0-1 Romania
Ivory Coast 0-2 England
South Korea
0-4 Cameroon

images

WORLD CUP 2030

QUARTER FINALS

Spain 3-2 Cameroon (aet)
Hondo N'Dongo, Garcia, Garmendia

Line Up: David, G.Ruiz, Hondo N'Dongo, Torres, De la Torre, Garmendia*, Cidoncha, Izurza, Herrera (Toni), Perez Villarroya (Gutierrez), Alfredo (Garcia)

Another dodgy performance as we were taken into extra time after throwing 2 leads away. Garmendia struck very late on to put us through into the semis though where we will face Romania!

Herrera v Redaelli and Herrera is winning again!

Argentina
0-2 Holland
Czech. Republic 2-2 England
(England won on pens)
Italy
0-3 Romania!!!!!!!!!!!

2030, amazing. This is the best story I've followed since the CM7 blogs

images

WORLD CUP 2030

SEMI FINALS

Romania 2-2 Spain (aet)
Perez Villarroya, Gutierrez
(Spain won 7-6 on penalties)

Line Up: David, G.Ruiz (De la Torre), Hondo N'Dongo, Torres, Bergara, Toni, Cidoncha*, Izurza (Muralha), Herrera (Gutierrez), Perez Villarroya, Garcia

Once again we were awful but scraped through. Went one down and then levelled but Romania had a late goal chalked off. Gutierrez put us ahead in extra time but we quickly through it away but edged them out in a nervy penalty shoot-out.

Holland
1-0 England

images

WORLD CUP 2030

3rd PLACE PLAY-OFF

Romania 2-3 England

----------

FINAL

Spain
2-1 Holland
Izurza, Garcia (pen)

Line Up: David, G.Ruiz, Hondo N'Dongo, Torres, De la Torre, Garmendia (Toni), Cidoncha, Izurza, Herrera, Perez Villarroya (Gutierrez), Garcia (Alfredo)

Holland: van Egmond, Advocaat (Smits), Blackson, Veltman, Vreven (Veenboer), Wattimury, Burg, van der Heijden, de Jonge (de Ridder), Koning, Vink*
scorer: Vink

Yay!! My/our 3rd World Cup win. Never seen such an easy route to a final but we struggled in just about every game. In the final itself we took an early lead but Holland soon levelled. Then in the second half I subbed Garcia for Alfredo and while doing so Garcia scored the winning goal from a penalty!

Immediately after the tournament Aitor retired from international football - which I made him reconsider again - and Garcia stepped down as captain.

AWARDS
Best Player - Jose Luis Izurza (Spain)
Golden Boot - Ryan Vink (Holland)
Best Young Player - Albert Torres (Spain)
Best Goalkeeper - David (Spain)

DREAM TEAM
David (Spain)
G.Ruiz (Spain)

Cotoara (Romania)
Hondo N'Dongo (Spain)
Henney (England)
Izurza (Spain)
Garmendia (Spain)
Cidoncha (Spain)
Perez Villarroya (Spain)

Vink (Holland)
Thompson (England)

Starting from scratch with a different database with all the summers changes to date.

And maybe with a little edit with a new player called Aitor Herrera? Not sure if I can follow without his name coming up lol. Good win in the World Cup, even if you did struggle for the whole time. Did Aitor accept to come back to Spain or has he finished for good?

And maybe with a little edit with a new player called Aitor Herrera? Not sure if I can follow without his name coming up lol. Good win in the World Cup, even if you did struggle for the whole time. Did Aitor accept to come back to Spain or has he finished for good?

He accepted - he plays until he dies! lol. Maybe I will call myself Aitor Herrera in the Newcastle save

Gotta call yourself Aitor Herrera!!!!

images

(Llorente and Muniain doing a spot of coaching - ignore Herrera as he is managing Cadiz)

PRE SEASON - AUGUST

(the 20th season)

De la Torre departs for Valencia
Bilbao win the UEFA European Super Cup
Perez Villarroya won the supporters player of the year
Spain thrash Israel in a friendly

AIMS
Unbeaten league season!!!!
Win every game in the Champions League

PLAYERS IN

Nobody major to write home about so I wont! lol
TOTAL SPENT: £1.6m

PLAYERS OUT

Angel De la Torre was sold to Valencia for £26.5m. He made 530 apps and scored 5 goals for us and will go down as our best left back. Gauna left for Cadiz on loan and promising young keeper Pinillos left for Celta Vigo on loan.
TOTAL INCOME: £28m

SUMMARY

Bergara will become my new left back and I will give youngster Rogelio a few games as his backup. Other than that it is as you were from last season really although I will try and give Victor Gamez more games. Aitor Herrera may be declining in stats but he will still be first choice for club and country. Bakero has been promoted from the B team as cover for central defence.

------------

Spanish Super Cup Final 1st Leg

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Real Zaragoza
Izurza, Toni

UEFA European Super Cup

Fiorentina 0-2 Athletic Bilbao
Ayechu, Pinto (og)

-----------

SPAIN

Friendly

Israel 0-5 Spain
Hondo N'Dongo 2, Izurza, Deri (og), Ayechu