Unlucky in the cup mate. I have signed Muniain for my Barcelona side, I hope he performs well!

images

FEBRUARY

• [*=center]After losing 4-0 in first leg Barca thump Atletico 8-0 in the second (cup sf)
    [*=center]Aitor Herrera signs new deal with a £1,000,000,000 release clause!
    [*=center]Remember Llorente? He scored goals once upon a time!
Reasonable! Certainly have a leaky defence and if it wasnt for Muniain and Aitor Herrera I would be really struggling. Great result away to PSG as was down to 9 men when we scored to give us a shout in the 2nd leg. Llorente last scored in the league 10 games ago!

Athletic Bilbao 4-0 Deportivo La Coruna
Muniain 2(1pen), Amorebieta, Ruiz de Galarreta

Atletico Madrid 3-2 Athletic Bilbao
Iturraspe, Aitor Herrera

Athletic Bilbao 4-3 Real Betis
Muniain 2, Aitor Herrera, Susaeta

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
Paris St.Germain 2-1 Athletic Bilbao
Vadillo

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Villarreal
Amorebieta, Muniain

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
IKER MUNIAIN
images

View attachment 232669View attachment 232670

CHECK OUT AITOR HERRERA ^^^^^^^^

How's Galarreta getting along. How much is Muniain worth? Time to sell Llorente?

How's Galarreta getting along. How much is Muniain worth? Time to sell Llorente?

Galaretta is doing ok. Sporadic appearances off the bench. If my B team gets promoted to the 2nd Division I will keep him there next year otherwise I will loan him out. Javi Martinez, Ander Herrera, Benat, Iturraspe and Moises are all ahead of him. Muniain is worth £18.5m but yet to be capped for Spain and as for Llorente I will never sell him as he is a club legend and I dont need the money. He has been poor though - 13 goals in 28 games. San Jose doesnt score as much this year too but not getting so many pens this year I suppose!

The big problem with selling Llorente is well where do you find a Basque striker like him and what do you do with all the money? I suppose this is what makes a Bilbao story so interesting.

That's true Llorente is a good player. I hear Moises is a great youngster too.

images

MARCH

• [*=center]Llorente's woes continue - 0 goals, 2 red cards but a hat trick for Spain
    [*=center]Average youth intake for Bilbao this season
    [*=center]Bilbao beat Barca but suffer to bogey team Osasuna
    [*=center]Bilbao beat PSG and Dynamo Kiev is up next

It was almost too good to be true! Excellent wins against Barca, PSG, and Malaga before losing to Osasuna (again) and relying on a "B" team player to beat 10 man Xerez. Delighted with being drawn against Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League quarters though.

Valencia 1-1 Athletic Bilbao
Aurtenetxe

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Barcelona
Aurtenetxe, Aitor Herrera

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Paris St.Germain
Javi Martinez, Vadillo

Malaga 1-4 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain, Vadillo, Javi Martinez, Susaeta

Athletic Bilbao 0-1 Osasuna

Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Xerez
Igor Martinez

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JAVI MARTINEZ

images

View attachment 232735

Can you put up a screenshot of the 1,000,000,000 release clause?

Just read through the story for the first time and I am loving it. Good effort in the first season, second season going good too, lets hope you can push on and get second. As for the 1 billion release clause, ouch.

Just read through the story for the first time and I am loving it. Good effort in the first season, second season going good too, lets hope you can push on and get second. As for the 1 billion release clause, ouch.

Cheers. I just thought that if I put the highest possible release clause it might put off the board going over my head and accepting bids for him should they come in. Might not work and somehow nobody has tried to buy him yet!

images

APRIL

• [*=center] Llorente returns to form as Bilbao bang in the goals
    Real Madrid get humiliated by Athletic
Bilbao v Barca in Champions League semi

• [*=center]Derby day defeat again hurts Athletic

Goals galore this month. Llorente, Vadillo and the 2 Herrera's were on fire as we scored
25 goals and even failed to score twice! Another Derby day defeat though is really annoying as we need to consistently show Osasuna and Sociedad who rules! lol. Bilbao "B" have qualified for the promotion play-offs and the u19s have won their league.

Mallorca 1-7 Athletic Bilbao
De Marcos, Aitor Herrera, Llorente 3, Vadillo, Iturraspe

Sporting Gijon 2-4 Athletic Bilbao
De Marcos, San Jose (pen), Javi Martinez, Vadillo

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg
Athletic Bilbao 4-1 Dynamo Kiev
Ander Herrera 2, Vadillo, Aitor Herrera

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Levante
Llorente 2

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg
Dynamo Kiev 1-0 Athletic Bilbao

Real Sociedad 1-0 Athletic Bilbao

Athletic Bilbao 4-1 Real Madrid
Aitor Herrera, Llorente 2, San Jose

Athletic Bilbao 4-1 Espanyol
Llorente, Muniain 2, Vadillo

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FERNANDO LLORENTE
images

View attachment 232862

Lol never listen to me lol! Llorente is obviuosly a player you need to keep. Spanking madrid must be your personal hightlight!

images

MAY/END OF SEASON

Athletic Bilbao win Champions League!!!!!
Villas-Boas out at Malaga - replaced by Benitez
Real Madrid do the double again!
Aitor Herrera scoops awards

What an end to the season! Having basically had a bye to the Champions League semis we thumped Barca at home (again) to put one foot in the final but in the 2nd leg we were 2 down very quickly and were heading out but Daniel Alves got sent off and we clawed it back.

In the final it was an even game with Ander Herrera putting us ahead before Yaya Toure levelled. It went to penalties and after Joe Hart missed Jon Aurtenetxe scored the 20th pen of the shoot-out.

(I should say that although I am proud of this achievement I would have rather faced stiffer opposition before the semis. Winning the league will be the big achievement.)

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg
Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Barcelona
Ander Herrera, Llorente, San Jose

Getafe 0-3 Athletic Bilbao
Ander Herrera, Llorente, Vadillo

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg
Barcelona 2-2 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain, Susaeta

Sevilla 2-2 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente, De Marcos

Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Granada
Susaeta

UEFA Champions League Final
Manchester City 1-1 Athletic Bilbao
Ander Herrera
(aet Athletic Bilbao won 8-7 on penalties)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDER HERRERA
images

SUPPORTERS PLAYER OF THE YEAR
AITOR HERRERA
View attachment 232961

END OF SEASON AWARDS
Aitor Herrera - Young Player of the Year
Aitor Herrera - Liga BBVA Player of the Year
Fernando Llorente - Spanish Player of the Year (somehow)

View attachment 232958View attachment 232959View attachment 232960View attachment 232957

right off to bed! Left it on the 10/7/13 and there has been major developments!!

What an achievement winning the Champions League with Bilbao! CONGRATS!