Battlefield 3 (PC, Xbox 360 and PS3)

Wake Island > All! I used to run it on 1942. Gonna pre-order this bad boy pretty soon, will have a few games coming within a short time, like GoW3.

Never played Battlefield before, but I think I'll pre-order so I can see why this "Wake Island'' is so precious to the BF fans.

Basically, you can see everything, whereas on other maps there are obstacles in the way but on this, you can look across the water and see a battle going on. There are no place to hide, what-so-ever, which makes it unique.

sweet Jesus Karkand looked beautiful in pre alpha on frosbite 2.0 can't wait :D

Really looking forward to this now. Actually comes with somthing decent if you pre order for once, not some **** toy or whatever comes with alot of things these days

E3 2011 in Los Angeles is only a few days away and there is a lot of excitement in the air. We are thrilled to be at the expo to show you Battlefield 3! We are currently putting the final touches on our demo - testing, tweaking, and in general, creating a game that’s looking amazing. I’m very happy and proud of what our DICE team has accomplished and what we’ll be unveiling to the world at E3.

Following our Battlefield 3 announcement earlier this spring, a lot of you have asked us for more info on multiplayer. Well, wait no further – we will be showing both single player and multiplayer gameplay at E3! You can expect new trailers and screenshots as well as in-depth press previews hitting next week. You can also watch the EA press conference live on EA.com on Monday.

So what can you expect from the Battlefield 3 multiplayer? Powered by the Frostbite 2 engine, Battlefield 3 features some of the biggest and most spectacular maps that we have built. At the same time, we are also able to create more intense close-quarter combat than ever before. The multiplayer map, “Operation Métro,” available for press to play on the show floor, combines both sides of the scale into one cohesive experience. Gamers will experience a physical battlefield and be able to temporarily disable vehicles, go prone, mount weapons, lay down suppressive fire and more. Under the hood, the brand-new engine ensures cutting-edge visuals and immersion. All things combined, big and small, add up to the best Battlefield game we have ever created!

Of course there are things we will not be showing at E3, including the game’s extensive co-op campaign, the introduction of Team Death Match mode and the Battlefield 3 Battlelog web destination – featuring powerful social tools, feeds and detailed player stats. Battlelog also lets you manage your friends lists, squad up, create platoons, use voice chat and follow your friends’ progress in real-time, and more. Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars. We look forward to providing more information on these features in the near future!

Battlefield Blog

Not sure I like the idea of having to pay extra for Strike at Karkand if I don't pre order. As there has been no solid multiplayer gameplay yet I'm holding back my preorder as I don't what the same old COD clone with health regen and other "new-school" shooter mechanics.

At least DICE seem to be making it for the PC and porting it to the consoles unlike the Bad Company series. Hopefully more developers actually take this root.

I hope this destroys COD. I haven't actually played Battlefield before but this looks amazing. So going to pre-order later today!

I hope this destroys COD. I haven't actually played Battlefield before but this looks amazing. So going to pre-order later today!
You have been missing out on a lot then ;)

While you wait, go get Bad Company 2 :)

The demo that was played at EA conference at E3 yesterday.

[video=youtube;9UwOrl036_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UwOrl036_A[/video]

Multiplayer trailer

[video=youtube;0fUp4-kAQEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fUp4-kAQEE&oref[/video]

PC System requirements released:

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card.
Graphics card memory: 512 MB
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM: 4GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, AMD Radeon HD 6850
Graphics card memory: 1 GB
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Battlefield 3 System Requirements | GameFront

wow the graphics in the vids look very smooth and very nice. Requirements are quite high but I hope I can run on max. Slightly disappointed that health can regenerate like in bad company games and in COD. Prefer having health bars but im not surprised they have gone with regeneration.

Apparently the system requirements are actually fake.

This are fake, no source and not from EA or DICE.
Johan Andersson, DICE.

I'd imagine that they will be similar though.

Last edited:
Apparently the system requirements are actually fake.

This are fake, no source and not from EA or DICE.
Johan Andersson, DICE.

I'd imagine that they will be similar though.

ye they will be summit similar. What you think about health system, you prefer regeneration or health bar?

Don't really mind, as long is at is quite slow like BC2.

Live stream starts soon - Ustream.tv/Battlefield3

I want it to basically be a remake of BF2 but it's not going to be

BF2 as a base, but with improvements that were made in BC2 and more would be good.

I actually prefer BF2 to both bad company games, despite its age. Basically just build on BF2 and make it a bigger game with more weapons and stuff and I would be happy :)

I actually prefer BF2 to both bad company games, despite its age. Basically just build on BF2 and make it a bigger game with more weapons and stuff and I would be happy :)
I prefer BC2 because the different modes keep it fresh (Rush FTW). I think the mechanics in place to encourage teamplay are much more refined in BC2 (ranks, rewards, points system, better defined classes). And also the destructable buildings... (H)
I sort of agree with you about the health regeneration, but I think the way it works in BC2 is good. IMO the BC series is a bit more realistic than most shooters on the market (but not ARMA realistic). I think what Dice is trying to do is find a balance between realism and keeping the pace of the game relatively fast.

Last edited: