Yeah good shout think I would have rejected that too. Hold out for an offer from the big 4

January - 2013/14
Season 2 - Jomo Cosmos

9k=

After a promising start to the season, we hit horrid form and dropped away from the big boys at the top and fell into the excitement of the mid table! Although, we are far ad clear of relegation! Woo.

Anyway, lets get down to business. The league table and results as of February 1st.
View attachment 282909

View attachment 282908

An incredible amount of draws and defeats but the draws add up with the victories to see me situated in 9th! Also, knocked out of the SA FA Cup. Orlando Pirates are struggling and did sack their manager, but hired an absolute nobody instead of me -.-! Gutted. Anyway, moving onto January transfers which I left to my almighty chairman! Here is the men he brought in:
View attachment 282912

View attachment 282913View attachment 282914View attachment 282915

All of them look pretty good! The loan'd in keeper was needed so very happy to bring in him.

None of my players have been stand out performers. Although, Wambi has done well in central midfield and has kept the side together.
View attachment 282916

Yeah, hoping to move on to a bigger and better club in South Africa soon, as you have to win the league to get into the ACL - and that looks hard enough with the almighty Cosmos!

Cheers for reading - Comments appreciated! :D

April 2014
Goodbye Jomo Cosmos

So, I've said goodbye to South African - only for now of course as I still need to return to win the CL there. It's just I didn't see any big team coming available in South Africa and Jomo Cosmos weren't going anywhere big anytime soon!

NOW, onto who I've gone to. An exciting South Korean side - Seongnam, how the F£%* is it pronounced?
View attachment 283063View attachment 283064

Anyway, this is the league table as well.
View attachment 283065
Expected to challenge for the league title, could happen! Anyone know about Champions League places and that in the K-League? Anyway, I'll update you all soon about players etc!

Comments appreciated. Cheers!

Good move, if you felt you couldn't take the Cosmos any further. Need some work to do with the table looking like that, but good luck

Well, apart from Suwon (that is a team I would like to manage sooner or later) and Geongnam, which have both a game in hand so can try and run away, the table isn't bad at all. You could easily reach the 4th place with a win.

By the way, Sangju already relegated? Like it happened in real life? :O FM always surprises me :D

Well, apart from Suwon (that is a team I would like to manage sooner or later) and Geongnam, which have both a game in hand so can try and run away, the table isn't bad at all. You could easily reach the 4th place with a win.

By the way, Sangju already relegated? Like it happened in real life? :O FM always surprises me :D

Yeah, how come SAngju are already relegated? Thanks for reading!

They're a military team, so they're not professionals. By the new AFC rules, only professional teams are allowed to play in top-flight leagues.
goal.com said:
South Korea's K-League on Wednesday relegated Sangju Sangmu Phoenix to the second division, in a shock move designed to bring the league in line with Asian Football Confederation (AFC) guidelines. As the sports division of the South Korean military, Sangju are in the unique position of being the K-League's only non-professional club. Their players are considered to have served their mandatory service after completing a two-year contract with the team as a form of 'alternative service'.
Source: K-League's Sangju Sangmu relegated to second division as a result of new AFC rules - Goal.com

By the way, being you in 2014 I don't know what they're doing in K-League at all, as they should be unable to play in it from the 2013 season onwards. Might have misunderstood the article, though...

Last edited:
May 2014
Season 14/15 - Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma

So, I have left for South Korea - For Seongnam. A very strong South Korean side who are competing for the K-League title, so it is a massive step up from mid table in the South African Premiership.

But, who are they?

View attachment 283152View attachment 283153View attachment 283154

A good side, decent finances and a side who should be winning the league. The best player in the side is probably our attacking midfielder, Javier Reina!

View attachment 283155

Good stats and has done well for us so far!

So, how have I got on so far?

This was the league when I accepted the job offer

View attachment 283156

The league table now is looking a bit better

View attachment 283158

Really stand a strong chance of going for first, just need to be careful and not lose points in silly games! This is the results since I took over

View attachment 283164

Some massive wins, an annoying loss against Jeonbuk and an incredibly annoying 0-0 against Busan. Only scraped the win in the SK FA Cup against N-League side - Jeju.

Thanks for reading! Comments always appreciated

They're a military team, so they're not professionals. By the new AFC rules, only professional teams are allowed to play in top-flight leagues. Source: K-League's Sangju Sangmu relegated to second division as a result of new AFC rules - Goal.com

By the way, being you in 2014 I don't know what they're doing in K-League at all, as they should be unable to play in it from the 2013 season onwards. Might have misunderstood the article, though...

Cheers for that! Confused also as to why there playing in the K-League again just now. :p

Great start with them mate, should win the league soon enough then hopefully smash the Asian CL!! Good luck

I like the K league, won it with FC Seoul in FM08

you're looking good so far

August 2014
Season 2 - Seongnam - 2014

So, we've hit the league split - and we've managed to get in the top 8. Not that we were ever doubting it, and we're now amongst 5 other teams scrapping for the no.1 spot. Realistically though, I'm aiming for top 3 as I believe that gives us a spot in the Asian Champions League.

Anyway, here is how we're getting on in the league

View attachment 283301

Going pretty strong, we really do need to become consistent as every game is now a big game. We have a strong side as well, so no excuses!

View attachment 283302

Some silly results because of some incredibly silly defending, but it didn't make us spiral into a horrible run of form. I was seriously ****** of about the 3-2 against Sangju as we were 2-0 up and the 5-2 defeat was a major pisstake.

I did have the chance to bring in Roque Santa Cruz and an ageing Greek player (mind has gone blank as to who it was) but I decided to keep younger foreigners instead, as you're only allowed the 3.
I only brought in one or two players on loan at left back so nothing exciting to report on there.

The best player so far probably has to be

View attachment 283304

He has been good in front of goal and has opposition defences quaking in their boots.

Tactics have been changing quite a bit depending on who I'm playing and how they play but this is the usual starting XI and tactics:

View attachment 283305

Cheers for reading, comments always appreciated and I'll update you in the next day or two with the end of season update

Good start considering its a new side to you. Should secure a top 3 place at least