• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Venue: Allianz Arena - Munich - Germany
Competition: Champions League Final
When: 19/05/2012, kick off at 19:45

Bayern News:
Bayern are missing three key men on Saturday. Their full-strength side the same one that beat Real was thrashed 2-5 in the DFB Pokal (German FA Cup final) last weekend, Barcelona were the last team to put four past them three years ago. The result was achieved by quick counter-attacks from their rivals and costly errors on the Bayern account. In particular the centre of midfield and defence looked all at sea. Luis Gustavo and Holger Badstuber, among the most culpable, are ruled out from facing Chelsea, along with pacy left-back Daniel Alaba. All three suspended Bayern players have played 10 of their 12 Champions League matches.

The Reds' influential centre midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger, not 100% after injury, but coach Jupp Heynckes does have the option of hastening the return of veteran defender Daniel van Buyten. Out with a broken metatarsal since January, the 34-year-old played an hour of Bayern reserves' 0-3 defeat at home to Ingolstadt last week.

Potential Line-up
Neuer
Rafinha - Boateng - Tymoshchuk - Lahm
Schweinsteiger - Kroos
Robben - Muller - Ribery
Gomez

Chelsea News:
Gianfranco Zola's winner in Stockholm against Stuttgart in 1998 also occupies an indelible place in the collective memory. European finals are exceptional, exotic occasions either way. Has anything hurt as much as defeat in Moscow in 2008?

Chelsea's last seven goals in this competition came from seven separate players, the five assists from five different sources. With four players suspended John Terry, Branislav Ivanovic, Ramires and Raul Meireles
the load will have to be spread even further. Chelsea's first choice shield of Mikel and Frank Lampard had their feet up watching the Blues' 2-1 win over Blackburn in contrast to Bayern's.

Chelsea have injury doubts to David Luiz, Gary Cahill and Florent Malouda (all hamstring) but both Luiz and Cahill are expected to recover and start. Youth players Jemal Blackman (18) Todd Kane (18) and Nathinial Chalobah (17) have travelled with the squad in case any of the 18 first team players have to pull out before the game.

Potential Line-up
Cech
Bosingwa - Cahill - Luiz - Cole
Lampard - Mikel
Kalou - Mata - Sturridge
Drogba​

Otherwise Engaged:
Raul Meireles, Branislav Ivanovic, Ramires and John Terry, and for Bayern David Alaba, Holger Badstuber and Luiz Gustavo are suspended.

Stats:

• Three European Cup finals have been played in Munich (all at the Olympic Stadium). On each occasion a new name was put on the trophy: Nottingham Forest in 1979, Marseille in 1993 and Borussia Dortmund in 1997.
  • The semi-final second leg at Camp Nou was the only occasion in the competition this season Chelsea's opposition opened the scoring. The Blues scored first in all 11 previous Champions League games.
  • The Blues have won one and drawn two of their seven away European matches against German teams.
  • Bayern are appearing in their ninth European Cup final. They have won four and lost four of their previous eight. A win would take them level with Liverpool with five wins. Only Real Madrid (nine) and AC Milan (seven) have won more.
  • Bayern's four European finals against English sides have seen them beat Leeds (1974/75) and lose to Aston Villa (1981/82) and Man Utd (1998/99) all in the European Cup as well as losing out to Liverpool in the 2001 UEFA Super Cup.
  • They are unbeaten at the Allianz since Borussia Dortmund won 1-0 on 19 November 2011. Since then they have won 13 and drawn one.
  • Bayern have won all seven homes games en route to the final scoring 21 and conceded four.
  • Norwich, in 1993, are the only English side to beat Bayern on their own ground in 18 attempts.
Bayern's history in Champions League:Ten-year European record
2001/02 - Champions League quarter-final
2002/03 - Champions League first group stage
2003/04 - Champions League round of 16
2004/05 - Champions League quarter-finals
2005/06 - Champions League round of 16
2006/07 - Champions League quarter-final
2007/08 - UEFA Cup semi-final
2008/09 - Champions League quarter-final
2009/10 - Champions League runners-up
2010/11 - Champions League round of 16

Chelsea's History in Champions League:
Chelsea's last ten years in Europe
2001/02 Uefa Cup - second round
2002/03 Uefa Cup - first round
2003/04 Champions League - semi-final
2004/05 Champions League - semi-final
2005/06 Champions League - round of 16
2006/07 Champions League - semi-final
2007/08 Champions League - runners-up
2008/09 Champions League - semi-final
2009/10 Champions League - round of 16
2010/11 Champions League - quarter-final

Head to Head:
6/4/2005 - Champions League quarter final 1st leg.
Chelsea 4-2 Bayern Munich
J.Cole Schweinsteiger
Lampard x2 Ballack
Drogba

<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Verdana, Helvetica; font-size: 12px; "><font size="3"><font size="2">[video=youtube;dWDBBQw5Ff4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWDBBQw5Ff4[/video]

12/4/2005 - Champions League quarter final 2nd leg.
Bayern Munich 3-2 Chelsea
Pizarro Lampard
Guerrero Drogba
Scholl

Chelsea's biggest away win in the Champions League
20/10/1999 - Galatasaray 0-5 Chelsea - First group stage

Bayern's biggest home win in the Champions League
13/03/2012 - Bayern Munich 7-0 Basel - Round of 16, 2nd leg

And what a pass from Maka!

We will not miss Makélelé. His technique is average, he lacks the speed and skill to take the ball past opponents, and ninety percent of his distribution either goes backwards or sideways. He wasn't a header of the ball and he rarely passed the ball more than three metres. Younger players will arrive who will cause Makélelé to be forgotten.

I just want to say, Fark off Perez!!

And what a pass from Maka!

We will not miss Makélelé. His technique is average, he lacks the speed and skill to take the ball past opponents, and ninety percent of his distribution either goes backwards or sideways. He wasn't a header of the ball and he rarely passed the ball more than three metres. Younger players will arrive who will cause Makélelé to be forgotten.

I just want to say, Fark off Perez!!

I think with the role Maka played age is the key, its a role where you need to be disciplined and i think age helps that. Like with Mikel, since he joined we have been trying to get him to play that role but as the years have gone on he has been getting better and better.

I think with the role Maka played age is the key, its a role where you need to be disciplined and i think age helps that. Like with Mikel, since he joined we have been trying to get him to play that role but as the years have gone on he has been getting better and better.

How dare you! Mikel is an anti-footballer.

Diego Contento will most likely start ahead of Rafinha. He played in a league match the other day and came on in the cup final.
Is Breno banned or suspended or something? I know he's under investigation for Arson and hasn't played all season, but is he definitely unavailable?

Diego Contento will most likely start ahead of Rafinha. He played in a league match the other day and came on in the cup final.
Is Breno banned or suspended or something? I know he's under investigation for Arson and hasn't played all season, but is he definitely unavailable?

I heard from many sources that Contento has only played 4 league games all season but Rafinha has played 20. Lahm is versatile so can play left back but you do break up the Lahm-Robben partnership. Not sure about Breno, i think he is receiving mental help and may be suspended by the club, just guessing though.

I heard from many sources that Contento has only played 4 league games all season but Rafinha has played 20. Lahm is versatile so can play left back but you do break up the Lahm-Robben partnership. Not sure about Breno, i think he is receiving mental help and may be suspended by the club, just guessing though.

He's played 11 games, and I think Rafinha fell out of favour because of a few too many defensive mistakes. Contento has played a lot more recently, possibly for match fitness ahead of this game, although it has been suggested that he will leave the club this summer.

Diego Contento Bio, Stats, News - Football / Soccer - - ESPN Soccernet

And with Contento in the side, Bayern have lost just once - against Manchester City.
Also, Chelsea have won every game that Soloman Kalou has appeared in this season iirc

He's played 11 games, and I think Rafinha fell out of favour because of a few too many defensive mistakes. Contento has played a lot more recently, possibly for match fitness ahead of this game, although it has been suggested that he will leave the club this summer.

Diego Contento Bio, Stats, News - Football / Soccer - - ESPN Soccernet

I was close lol, i said 4 league games. It's obviously an option for them, my positive thinking is coming from the Lampard to Mata to Drogba partnership. There should be a lot of space in behind their midfield so if Mata can exploit that and feed Drogba we have a great chance.

And with Contento in the side, Bayern have lost just once - against Manchester City.
Also, Chelsea have won every game that Soloman Kalou has appeared in this season iirc

But we do have a poor record with Luiz and Cahill together at the back.

But we do have a poor record with Luiz and Cahill together at the back.

Actually Chelsea have not lost any with Kalou, there have been a few draws, my bad! I can see this going all the way to penalties...

I really hope Bayern win for a number of reasons:

1. Its Chelsea
2. You finished 6th and I want you to be in the Europa League lol
3. I want Arsenal to be the first London club to win the UCL

2-1 FCB

I was close lol, i said 4 league games. It's obviously an option for them, my positive thinking is coming from the Lampard to Mata to Drogba partnership. There should be a lot of space in behind their midfield so if Mata can exploit that and feed Drogba we have a great chance.

You do realise Schweinsteiger and Kroos will be sitting in front of that back four, so there will not be a lot of space at all. Wishful thinking if you think there will be.

You do realise Schweinsteiger and Kroos will be sitting in front of that back four, so there will not be a lot of space at all. Wishful thinking if you think there will be.

Or Schweinsteiger and Tymochuk if van Buyten is fit to start in defense.

I really hope Bayern win for a number of reasons:

1. Its Chelsea
2. You finished 6th and I want you to be in the Europa League lol
3. I want Arsenal to be the first London club to win the UCL

2-1 FCB

1. They are an english team, playing against the Geramans. You should be supporting Chelsea.
2. Spurs finished 4th and need a Bayern win for UCL football. You support Arsenal. You should be supporting Chelsea.
3. Not likely now as you're drifting further and further away. The fact that they are English is more important than being London based. You think United fans care that we won it before City? People only remember who won it. You should be supporting Chelsea.

2-1 Chelsea

Would like to see a Chelsea win, but expect 3-1 Bayern.

My point is that neither are defense minded so its something we can exploit.

i would love bayern to win it think they deserve it more but if chelsea do win congrats

My point is that neither are defense minded so its something we can exploit.

Both are more than capable of adapting their game to contain Chelsea.

Bastian will hold it up I imagine with Kroos playing as a regista. I think Bayern will have this game won through the midfield.