Beckford to Everton

LewisGD

My spoon is too big.
Reaction score
Breaking news on Sky Sports at the moment, Everton are in talks with Jermain Beckford.

Yeah, he had a good goal scoring season, in league 1, but can he cut it in the EPL?

/discuss!

Can never be sure how these things will turn out, A lot will depend on the players attitude and work rate, as well as adaptability. Moyes has a good record with lower league players

Lescott
Jagielka
Cahill

prime examples.

he's not shown the best of attitudes at leeds, but as you say, moyes is the kind of person to get the best from a player.

I think he'll make good back up, or maybe rotation, but don't think he will be "first player on the team sheet" every game. But Everton don't really have the best strikers in the league, and he's already proven he can score against the big clubs; Man United at Old Trafford. But so did Robbie Blake for Burnley!

I agree with Kris. Look at all the signing he's worked with so far. Although that doesn't mean Beckford will be like them.

I believe he'll do well. Moyes has a record for spotting talent in the lower divisions and Beckford seems capable of coping in the top flight.

he's done well, Everton would be punching well above his weight.

there will be miles better strikers for the fee you have to pay for him

gutted really dont want him to leave who do you think united will get to replace him ?

i think this could be a really good signing, he offers pace what we dont have forward,
jagielka,cahill etc, all came from lower divisions and have turned out to be great for us,
he's proved against spurs & united he can play against top teams [ and score] .. sure he did?
out of contract so its free, its worth a go!

Don't see it working, but as Kris said, he has a good record with these signings.

I doubt he will make an impact should he go to Everton.His lack of work ethic is not what Moyes built up at Goodison Park,like the examples that were shown by Kris.

However,Beckford could be trained into a better player should he go.

he has improved his attitude since grayson arrived. he became more of a leader at the later parts of the season. moyes wouldn't be interested if he was still a "Sulk".

Well, Peter Crouch came from Southampton.. Ferdinand came from Leeds, Adam Johnson came from Middlesborough.

Fact is, everyone starts off somewhere.

And if a lad of his age is scoring a crazy amount of goals, no matter what the league, he should be somewhere more challenging..

Anyway, for those who say he can't cut it in the Premiership... He destroyed the defence to score and beat Manchester United... Nuff' said.

he could suite the pl but my only dout is he might have to it a few years to late. anyway its still another signing for everton just to streghnen their squad, plus costing them nothing.

Well, Peter Crouch came from Southampton.. Ferdinand came from Leeds, Adam Johnson came from Middlesborough.

Fact is, everyone starts off somewhere.

And if a lad of his age is scoring a crazy amount of goals, no matter what the league, he should be somewhere more challenging..

Anyway, for those who say he can't cut it in the Premiership... He destroyed the defence to score and beat Manchester United... Nuff' said.

He isn't really young, he's 26! Crouch came from Southampton, but they were in the prem at the time, and so were Leeds when Ferdinand was there