Beckford to leave

• Thread starter Thread starter MarcLUFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 5K
even the greats like pele, fat ronaldo and jean pierre papin and many more did not take every chance, its not possible, if it is its about as likely as george bush speaking sense

Beckford looks good, his movement etc, but the only downside is he is unproven in the Championship. Simeon Jackson also looks good, but he has the same problem as Beckford, unproven.
Ameobi is a under-rated player, just injury prone. Lovenkrands is naturally a winger, and Ranger and Carroll are prospects, who havent got the experience yet. Harewood started to hit form, but has now gone back to Villa. I would like to see Macheda on loan, a move that has been speculated quite recently.

even the greats like pele, fat ronaldo and jean pierre papin and many more did not take every chance, its not possible, if it is its about as likely as george bush speaking sense

From Ronaldo to Pele to Papin Looolz

i understand tht, i never said it was possible, it is just in every game i seen him play he seems to miss fairly simple chances. he even managed to miss the target, with tht late chance against united.

just an opinion.

Owen and rooney missed arguably easier chances

Beckford is a poor man's, poor man's Henry. he can play off the shoulder of defenders, has pace, and an eye for goal, but his first touch is by and large shocking. that's why he misses so many opportunities.

In your famous words, it is my opinion of beckford. and i never sed he wasnt a good player. i just prefer others.
How would you know that's my famous words? I only started saying this the other day in an argument with Bossman.. Coincidence? I think not.

Anyway.. I know you didn't say he wasn't a good player, but to say he doesn't take every chance is unfair, no striker takes every chance, doesn't matter how hard or easy, they just miss sometimes. Rooney missed a few good chances aswell, does that make him not as good :S

Owen and rooney missed arguably easier chances

they did but they had a bad day, whilst beckford had a good day. played well for his standards( not taking ****, but still in league 1) whilst international strikers played very poor

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

How would you know that's my famous words? I only started saying this the other day in an argument with Bossman.. Coincidence? I think not.

Anyway.. I know you didn't say he wasn't a good player, but to say he doesn't take every chance is unfair, no striker takes every chance, doesn't matter how hard or easy, they just miss sometimes. Rooney missed a few good chances aswell, does that make him not as good :S

again i didnt say tht. i sed he misses a lot of chances. not tht he doesnt take every chance. there is a different. one out of 3 isnt bad for example. but one out of 6.7.8 which i have seen him do this season.

fair enough, i accept your opinion, wish max would.........

Beckford would be the best striker in the Newcastle team IMO. No offence Newcastle fans but Ameobi is awful and Carroll is nothing special but he is improving and Ranger is young.

I think Ameobi has matured this season, he has took the responsible to spearhead the Toon attack. he is a better player then the one we used to see in the prem.

I think Ameobi has matured this season, he has took the responsible to spearhead the Toon attack. he is a better player then the one we used to see in the prem.

Not because he's playing in the Championship by any chance?

I like Beckford, he will score a lot in the Championship but Leeds should of got promoted last season or the season before if they wanted to keep him, he is a typical lower league striker because if you watched closely, his first touch for his goal was utter ***** ;)

I am surprised Newcastle need him to be honest as they are in cruise mode in championship at the moment.

thats the same with some other people, eg darren huckerby, john macken, were amazing with my city in the championship, neither cut it in the premiership, people dont realize how big of a step up it is

or we could go for the Real Ronaldo... 100k? bargain.

100k ? This isnt Football Manager mate, im sure he has a buy out clause in his contract of around 50M.

Or maybe because they dropped down a league and the quality of defenders are significantly worse?

a player who always signalled how hard the step up is, Robert Earnshaw. a menace in the champpionship. but not good enough for the prem

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Or maybe because they dropped down a league and the quality of defenders are significantly worse?

yh i know tht, but i feel he is more lively, has more belief in himself. i think he would be a good prem player now.

well we will wait and see, 110 percent agree on earnshaw, hes is class in the championship, hes not so hot in the premiership, another player who id like to see rise from league 1 is rickie lambert, he scored for fun at bristol rovers and hes now doing it for southampton

Lies Ameobi will never be good in the PL, however, I did say the same about Bobby Zamora when Fulham signed him.

I would genuinely laugh if we was absolutely useless at a higher level :D

Back