Beckford to leave

• Thread starter Thread starter MarcLUFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 5K
Just watched the beckford goal against man utd, First touch was a shambles i could of done better with my eyes closed the utd keeper made a huge mistake rushing out aswell which gifted beckford the goal everything about that goal was awful really. If i were leeds i'd take the money and run but thats just me i dont rate beckford as much as some other people do.

I dont think Beckford would suit newcastle imo better off with a team like Leicester or something.

great deal the man puts the ball in the onion bag and thats all you can ask of a striker simple as that. leeds fans will be bitter no dout but this man is looking forward he could have 6months in the championship and then more than likely off to the prem next season.

Leeds will be in Championship anyway, the best move for him would be to stay at Leeds, because if he goes Newcastle, who are premiership-bound and does rubbish, people won't rate him highly anymore, but of he stays at Leeds and does rubbish in Championship, Leeds fans will still love him, so he may aswell get a medal in his cabinet with Leeds then see what offers he gets, seems the intelligent thing.

I think the majority of true Leeds fans would be happy to see him go for a nice wedge. he's not a fans' favourite like Snodgrass, Howson or Becchio.

Talking of Howson, I thought he was exceptional Vs. ManYoo, yet there has been no speculation over him. 21 year old academy graduate, real prospect.

Last edited:
you only live once and newcastle are a bigger, better side with more to offer simple as that.

Better financially? ...no. Leeds as of the start of this season have no debts.

If, he does leave i think he will go to premiership team, even tho i don't think he would cut it but the teams with more money will see he can score and want him.

Not surprised he's leaving, didn't he request a transfer once already since his contract is running down?

If I were a Leeds fan, I'd be happy to make some money off him, since he'd leave next season anyway.

i saw bolton were interested but that was b4 they rashly got rid of megson. i doubt anyone bar hull maybe would look at taking him into prem, hes ok at the level he plays at, but anything further i think he will struggle, especially as he has those moments where he cant be bothered. ive got a mate that goes to all leeds games and he says that beckford misses so many chances its unreal!

Leicester were all over him at the start of the season, dont know if we still are we could afford him anyway and would make a brillient partnership with fryatt

Mike Grella tos tep upto the plate. Hope we sign Gary Hooper though.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Depends if he cuts it in the Championship or not. £2.5M is a lot for us nowadays. XD

I love all these Newcastle fans proper dying to sign him. As soon as they realise how lazy he is, they'll thinik he's as overrated as the Leeds fans do. Newcastle fans hate laziness more than anyone else. He'll spit his dummy out when he doesn't start a game anyway. Haha.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

I'd take him at Boro, despite the fact I hear he sometimes doesn't seem interested, he still bangs in the goals all be it at a slightly lower level (exc Man Utd goal).

To the Leeds fan, is this Davide Enrico Sonna still at Leeds? He is good on my FM! does he get a shout if so?

He's on loan at Chesterfield. I've noticed he is stupidly good on FM though to say eh doesn't even get in our team. I've only heard good things about him though.

i dont see the point in him leaving there is a question mark over him bein first choice for newcastle he is gauranteed first choice at leeds
newcastle are goin up - there no way he is premiership class
leeds are goin up - he can cut it in the championship so why leave
also he owes it to leeds we made him what he is today
he dosent deserve to wear the shirt in my opinion

i dont see the point in him leaving there is a question mark over him bein first choice for newcastle he is gauranteed first choice at leeds
newcastle are goin up - there no way he is premiership class
leeds are goin up - he can cut it in the championship so why leave
also he owes it to leeds we made him what he is today
he dosent deserve to wear the shirt in my opinion

I take it that you support Leeds, judging by the bias in your comment

beckford isnt to good for league one. becchio & lambert are much better than him

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

he will struggle in championship and premiership

as a leeds fan i want him to stay but if his heart is not there and he wants to leave i say get what they can for him and sign some players to strengthen the squad when we get promoted..... Grella, becciho and snodgrass will get the goals plus it will give one of our own young strikers a go...

Back