Beckham Out of the World Cup?

Ye i agree, Theo keeps his form he will be there! Lennon to back him up probably.

just hope he's off form in a couple of weeks down St andrews ;) unlike when he ripped us apart and buried a shot into the bottom corner a couple of seasons ago :/ "wanka" :p lol

Honestly, when I first heard about it, I "chuckled" about it for a few seconds [alright, I'm an evil *******, let's not dwell on that point], however, that was before it was confirmed that he did, indeed, tear his tendon. That's just a nasty way to lose your spot in the World Cup so hopefully you can find a good enough replacement and that Rooney [who is on fire now] does not get injured.

i dont men this the wrong way but england would not have won the world cup any way it is just a pipe dream as it has been for many tournaments . england will get to the quarters and play spain or italy and get beat.... so although it bad for beckham and i feel sorry for him ... it wont make any difference... cos the england players simply cannot play as a team

The only reason why England have a solid chance of winning in South Africa is because they have an Italian in charge. And Italians know how to win World Cups :)

i dont men this the wrong way but england would not have won the world cup any way it is just a pipe dream as it has been for many tournaments . england will get to the quarters and play spain or italy and get beat.... so although it bad for beckham and i feel sorry for him ... it wont make any difference... cos the england players simply cannot play as a team

Im with you on that. I have watched every World cup since 82 and they always get bigged up by the media and it is always the players saying we were unlucky when knocked out. They have not got the winning mentality.

im not too worried, ill get knocked for this but ive never been a big supporter of him, just my opinion though

This is a major blow to Beckham not England. If this had happened to Rooney id be seriously worried right now.

This is a major blow to Beckham not England. If this had happened to Rooney id be seriously worried right now.

second that. It gives one of the other wingers a chance to go now. Beckham isnt integral to how England perform. TBH, he is not good enough for the england squad. No doubting he is the finest deliverer of the ball, but you need more than that at the WC. Sad, but not devastating for England.

and another thing the reason why Spain.italy, Brazil and germany have won world cups ans the euros is because they play as a team and not indiviudal liek england do also the team is not 1 or 2 men it is the full 23 that will go and if they are nor good enough then they do not deserve to be there..... and beckham may still play football again as he is in finland today having surgary

Yeah I would be more worried if Rooney was out.

Good player but we have alot of players that can play right wing, Give Milner a chance.

Unlucky Becks,I wanted him to go on the plance to World Cup...Sad news going to take 4 Months to heal,Hopefully we will take him as a mentor!

Gutted about this, Beckhams my favourite player of all time and to see his chance of going to his probably last world cup over a torn achilles tendon is just devastating to see :(

Anyway we will have to be looking at Sean Right phillips and theo

So Becks isn't going to South Africa; can't he just watch it on Sky+ or the pub like the rest of us?

James Milner Right Mid would be my selection out of the rest i suppose:/

My first reaction to this news last nite, was thank god for that. Not that i dont rate beckham as a player, but now the whole rubbsih about is he going. Are we going for pace can **** off now. if this is the only big injury england suffer between now and the end of the cup. I be happy, we where always going to get one major injury, thank god it isnt rooney, gerrard, lampard. one the the men who would of started and we where realying on to start.