Begining of spanish domination ???

Is this the begining of spanish domination

• Total voters

jamescfc

Banned
Reaction score
After the demolition of spurs last night and Arsenal being humiliated by barcelona (again). Is this the begining of a spanish domination of europe similar to what england had 3-4 years ago.

Real madrid and Barcelona also are not just beating teams in europe they are completely outplaying them aswell. With real madrids botemless pit of money and one of the best managers ever in charge and barcelona possesing the best youth facilities in the world. How long can this last ?

I wouldn't quite say domination yet but the balance of power is shifting. I think Serie A is falling way behind the Premiership and La Liga while Germany and possibly even France are resurging which probably puts them all on a par. La Liga looks to be opening a bit of a gap over the EPL and though its early days they could well dominate for the next few years.

I can proudly say my favourite team could have won about 10-0 against spurs and i think you might see Barca going out next round!:p

fact since like Messi years Barca have been dominating..
also if Arsenal had 11 men we wud be through..
anytime Arsenal play barca they seem to find a way to get an Arsenal player sent off
Spurs have been kinda lucky
HALA MADRID

They have just the two clubs though. United, Chelsea and Arsenal are all some of the best competitors in the competition. Adding in City and Spurs showing what they've got, I'd say our league's in a better shape.

fact since like Messi years Barca have been dominating..
also if Arsenal had 11 men we wud be through..
anytime Arsenal play barca they seem to find a way to get an Arsenal player sent off
Spurs have been kinda lucky
HALA MADRID

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You were outplayed for an extended period of time... No shots on goal = no chance

Anyway you should all pay your Sky bill cause you clearly don't watch Spanish football every week. Outside the top 2, then the top 6, the Spanish league is pretty pants. Bolton would easily compete in the top half of La Liga each year!

Look at the league table... may as well be the SPL

The only reason Real beat Spurs as badly as they did is due to the fact Spurs had 10 men, if Crouch had stayed on obviously the game would have been different, and I'd put money on Ady not scoring those two goals as I'd suspect Crouch would have been marking him as he is the tallest player in the Champions League and Ady is Real's best aerial threat.. If Real came up against United or Chelsea I feel both English sides would get the best of them.

Barcelona are the only team other then United/Chelsea I can see winning the CL. Actually, if I'm honest Barcelona are the only team I do see winning the CL.. They just seem to be on a different level to any other team currently.

I wouldn't quite say domination yet but the balance of power is shifting. I think Serie A is falling way behind the Premiership and La Liga while Germany and possibly even France are resurging which probably puts them all on a par. La Liga looks to be opening a bit of a gap over the EPL and though its early days they could well dominate for the next few years.

completely agree mate

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

The only reason Real beat Spurs as badly as they did is due to the fact Spurs had 10 men, if Crouch had stayed on obviously the game would have been different, and I'd put money on Ady not scoring those two goals as I'd suspect Crouch would have been marking him as he is the tallest player in the Champions League and Ady is Real's best aerial threat.. If Real came up against United or Chelsea I feel both English sides would get the best of them.

crouch was on the park when adebayor scored the first goal and he wasnt marking him ?? I also disgree with the fact that man united and chelsea would get the best of them.. Man u were outplayed by valencia but scored very late on the counter and as for chelsea i PERSONALLY feel they are turning into Ac milan in the fact that they look good on paper but key members of thier team are simply to old to compete against europes elite

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You were outplayed for an extended period of time... No shots on goal = no chance

Anyway you should all pay your Sky bill cause you clearly don't watch Spanish football every week. Outside the top 2, then the top 6, the Spanish league is pretty pants. Bolton would easily compete in the top half of La Liga each year!

I agree on this. If Crouch didn't see red, Spurs most likely, could have kept Madrid at 1-1 probably, instead of 4 more or less deserved goals.

Last edited:
1) wrong place

2) not really no, both leagues have always remained tight, people forget that this is the first in a considerable while that Real have even got to this stage. No spanish domination, particularly when you are in fact talking about only two sides.

Though people are not giving the lower la liga teams the respect they deserve

HAHA well Mike we meet again, Spurs could have had 11 men all they would have done was go long over ramos to bale every time, which was futile, in fact I believe that is what the Madrid team wanted, they turned Spurs into a two man team which then becomes very easy to defend against

I do beleive La Liga is opening a sort of a gap but with the format of the CL we will never definitively know who is the best league.. which is why the debate will always rage on and on.

Witj regards to crouches dismissal shows the attitude of the English a game, its no coincidence that your teams go down to ten men in Europe , same reason there so many appeals and bans in EPL the players are more prone to hot headedness

HAHA well Mike we meet again, Spurs could have had 11 men all they would have done was go long over ramos to bale every time, which was futile, in fact I believe that is what the Madrid team wanted, they turned Spurs into a two man team which then becomes very easy to defend against

I do beleive La Liga is opening a sort of a gap but with the format of the CL we will never definitively know who is the best league.. which is why the debate will always rage on and on.

Witj regards to crouches dismissal shows the attitude of the English a game, its no coincidence that your teams go down to ten men in Europe , same reason there so many appeals and bans in EPL the players are more prone to hot headedness

haha, we do indeed
i dont think thats particularly trueabout english and red cards, we dont lose that many men in europe tbh. Actually that style what what they feared, the long one into crouch

Not sure you can say gap, because the look at how many teams england had in the 1/4 and 1/2 over the last 5/6 years. But then that doesnt say much again, they dont always then go on to win it.

Real have only just recently returned to this stage, and if we are talking about spain, its two clubs really, england had 4 clubs make the Knockouts, but like you say you cannot say for sure on either side

And your last statement is false, and there are plenty of bans in la liga too

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

there have been 1059 red and yellow cards in the Prem, but 1605 in La Liga, if anything you lack the discipline

haha, we do indeed
i dont think thats particularly trueabout english and red cards, we dont lose that many men in europe tbh. Actually that style what what they feared, the long one into crouch

Not sure you can say gap, because the look at how many teams england had in the 1/4 and 1/2 over the last 5/6 years. But then that doesnt say much again, they dont always then go on to win it.

Real have only just recently returned to this stage, and if we are talking about spain, its two clubs really, england had 4 clubs make the Knockouts, but like you say you cannot say for sure on either side

And your last statement is false, and there are plenty of bans in la liga too

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

there have been 1059 red and yellow cards in the Prem, but 1605 in La Liga, if anything you lack the discipline

True we feared the physicality of Crouch however I believe both Carvalihos's guile and Pepe's athleticism would of handled him rather well, the real question is would Ramos and Marcelo been able to keep up with his flick on's to the on rushing wings,which i beleive they would have done a sufficient job.

I personally feel that although Rednapp is a great coach discipline is not his main attribute this coupled with Spur's lack of experience on this stage and the partizan crowd on the night, they where always going to be susceptible to maybe a penalty, a rash defensive clerance, mistakes in defence or indeed a red card, it would not of surprised me to see Madrid lookin to "dive" or going into 50/50 tackles (on Mou's orders of course) in the attempt to force the ref's hand...as it stands Crouch made it easier

No spanish domination, particularly when you are in fact talking about only two sides.

This really annoyes me. English media somehow have this idea that spain is only a two team league. It may well be, but england isnt much different.

The last time a team won la liga that wasnt barca or real was 2004 - valencia.
The last time a team won the Premiership that wasnt man u or chelsea was 2004 - arsenal.

You also forget that valencia got a 1-1 draw at old trafford ,so no it is not only 2 teams.

This really annoyes me. English media somehow have this idea that spain is only a two team league. It may well be, but england isnt much different.

The last time a team won la liga that wasnt barca or real was 2004 - valencia.
The last time a team won the Premiership that wasnt man u or chelsea was 2004 - arsenal.

You also forget that valencia got a 1-1 draw at old trafford ,so no it is not only 2 teams.

you convieniently forgot to read my other posts. in the CL you are talking about two teams from La Liga, even the spanish media refer to to La Liga as a "2 horse race, and the third is a donkey" yeah they got a draw, they also then lost at home to united

next time quote my whole post and dont take certain bits out of context

Last edited:
Yet this year chelsea are in the quarters of the champions league and struggling to even guarantee entrance into the champions league next year. It has always seemed to be Barcelona and Real Madrid dominating spanish football; there was a close period when Valencia, Sociedad and Deportivo were actually big teams, but nothing to the extent that English football have enjoyed. Consistantly getting three of four teams out of the group stages every year isn't too bad.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh the irony, do you pay your sky bill? Or are you just an ignorant moron? Your statement suggests the later.

Of course Barca & Real are going to dominate; they have the best players on the planet playing for their sides, not to mention to of the best managers in our time. Then we add the financial situation, each side in Spain negotiates there tv deal, unlike England it is not split equally. This creates financial hardships for the other sides because of course we all want to watch the big two every week. This of course doesn't mean the league or players are poor quality, it just means that the bigger sides are supreme.

If you would actually take the time to watch the other teams on offer, which I am going to assume you don’t. You would see very entertaining and high quality matches. Just last week, Sporting (who play fantastic football by the way) beat Real Madrid at their own turf, destroying Jose’s unbeaten home record.

The same applies for the SPL, two sides are dominant, the bigger sides, it’s the same in a majority of league’s. It’s a twelve team league with limited financial support,Two teams challenging is decent, could even say Hearts had a decent title chase, was more of a chase than Man City,Spurs or Chelsea produced.

Derby made more money finishing 20th a few years ago than Celtic did winning the SPL. Pretty hard to compete with that. The fact that Rangers got to the UEFA Cup final a few years ago was remarkable or Celtic beating the likes of AC and Man Utd a few years back. Wigan have two former Hamilton players & a Kilmarnock forward playing every week & Blackpool hero Charlie Adam couldn’t get a game up north, now being tipped to sign for Man Utd/Liverpool.

I forgot about all the different premiership winners over the years, despite the mass amounts of debt and money being spent….oh wait.

Your statement is just ignorant arrogance.

Derby made more money finishing 20th a few years ago than Celtic did winning the SPL. Pretty hard to compete with that. The fact that Rangers got to the UEFA Cup final a few years ago was remarkable or Celtic beating the likes of AC and Man Utd a few years back. Wigan have two former Hamilton players & a Kilmarnock forward playing every week & Blackpool hero Charlie Adam couldn’t get a game up north, now being tipped to sign for Man Utd/Liverpool.

I agree with everything other than the points you are trying to make about players from the Scottish league coming south of the border and being superstars. For every Charlie Adam, there are ten other highly rated Scots who have come to play in the EPL (or lower) and done sweet FA - the two biggest examples I can currently think of are Scott MacDonald and Kris Boyd who, before joining Boro, used to bang goals in for fun did they not?

If anything, the tendancy is rather the other way round. El Hadj Diouf, fringe player for Blackburn, megastar for Rangers, Joe Ledley - decent player for Cardiff, starting place every week for Celtic.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

I agree with everything other than the points you are trying to make about players from the Scottish league coming south of the border and being superstars. For every Charlie Adam, there are ten other highly rated Scots who have come to play in the EPL (or lower) and done sweet FA - the two biggest examples I can currently think of are Scott MacDonald and Kris Boyd who, before joining Boro, used to bang goals in for fun did they not?

If anything, the tendancy is rather the other way round. El Hadj Diouf, fringe player for Blackburn, megastar for Rangers, Joe Ledley - decent player for Cardiff, starting place every week for Celtic.