Begining of spanish domination ???

Is this the begining of spanish domination

• Total voters
But they showed 'domination' against Shakhar and Spurs ( first season in ECL), much weaker sides.

Much weaker sides than who ? Shaktar finished above arsenal in thier group and barca also outclassed arsenal in the last 16. Also spurs managed to draw 1-1 with chelsea at stamford bridge yet are destroyed 4-0 at the bernabau.

in short there is no spanish domination, since we're talking two sides. if 3 or all of spains cl sides were making it to the semis then we can start talking about it

Much weaker sides than who ? Shaktar finished above arsenal in thier group and barca also outclassed arsenal in the last 16. Also spurs managed to draw 1-1 with chelsea at stamford bridge yet are destroyed 4-0 at the bernabau.

Shakhtar can beat anyone and can be beaten by anyone. They had very bad opening (if im not wrong, they recived 2 in first 25 min). And when Barca score in first 15 min, opp. needs to open and Barca punish them. Also, they like to play possesion football and we saw how succesful that is. This is first season for Spurs in ECL and they dont have enough exp. So, its unrealistic to expect win against Mourinho and Real, you have to agree. About Arsenal, meh, if only VP was fit for group stage, im positive Arsenal would win pole position.

Spanish football is how English football should be. There are a lot of foreign nationals plying their trade in Spain, but homegrown stars are given every opportunity to shine too. I also think that the 'B' teams help a lot, who compete in the league system, and can get as far as the Liga Adelante. Many of Barca and Real stars started playing for either Barca B or Castilla(RM B), excelled and then moved onto the first team.

Real and barca both look as good as through in the Cl, and it will take something special for Shakhtar and Spurs to pull back. I also think Spain have to be classed as favourites for Euro 2012, even with the indifferent recent form, as if one player is out, another just as good appears.

Spanish football is how English football should be. There are a lot of foreign nationals plying their trade in Spain, but homegrown stars are given every opportunity to shine too. I also think that the 'B' teams help a lot, who compete in the league system, and can get as far as the Liga Adelante. Many of Barca and Real stars started playing for either Barca B or Castilla(RM B), excelled and then moved onto the first team.

Real and barca both look as good as through in the Cl, and it will take something special for Shakhtar and Spurs to pull back. I also think Spain have to be classed as favourites for Euro 2012, even with the indifferent recent form, as if one player is out, another just as good appears.

I think we need someone like 'Arry Redknapp or Ferguson to come out and support an overhaul to the reserve leagues because at the moment it's still only people like Benitez and Wenger who support it so it's instantly dismissed as the foreigners not understanding the English game.

I think we need someone like 'Arry Redknapp or Ferguson to come out and support an overhaul to the reserve leagues because at the moment it's still only people like Benitez and Wenger who support it so it's instantly dismissed as the foreigners not understanding the English game.

Suprised SAF hasnt done so already TBH, since he pretty much uses the reserve league for fitness most of the time, most of our highly rated young players are either in the first team squad or shipped out on loan.

I know it would take a lot of re-organisation, but I would like to see reserves reformed as 'B Teams' and integrated into the main football system. It would give so many hugely talented youngsters a chance for sustained first-team football to aid their development.

Other than that, a system like Russia where only X amount of foreign players in a squad, and have 1/2/3 English players under 21 in the match squad.

Completely agree mate. I think the mentality also has to change. Size and physical strenght should not matter over ability that has to change. Look at Barcelona they have the shortest average height of players across europe.

i think they would find it tougher than people think, barca are not great defending from set pieces, but one of the few thing english sides do better than others is get goals from set pieces

also alves would certainly find it tougher here

I have no shadow of doubt saying Alves would battle there, as would a Ramos or a Capdevilla but in saying this the nature of the Spainish game would allow the likes of Xavi Xabi and Javi Martinez to thrive under EPL conditions just like The on the hole more physically and some would argue tactically astoud EPL teams would be hard to break down and coupled with clinical counter attacking football would see it be a very even affair.... It would be incredible to watch a hole league season aposed to just a two legged tie.