Benfica-Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
A really good game by Liverpool. I think that a draw would be more fair but that's footbal... The referee got obviously intimidated with the atmosphere in the stadium. I watched the game live and it was rally full with 63000 people whistling against him or Liverpool, and that intimidation resulted in a bad refereeing. After the game every Benfica supporter wass making a party and saying that the EL was won. However, the game in Anfield will be really complicated for us, I just hope Torres to be in a bad day and that Luisao takes a deep breathe before he does what he did again. Like Jorge Jesus (Benfica coach) said, whoever manages to go forward in Anfield will be in the final. Finally, and like despughreferee said, portuguese football is (unfortunately) full of incidents and other things that shouldn't happen in a competition...

I still strongly believe that we will easily turn them over at Anfield. Everyone underestimates us at Anfield, Lille thought they had the tie won after their first leg win.

Benfica aren't Lille. Way stronger team than them, Benfica pose a much greater goal threat to Liverpool and will hit them on the break.

Maybe 3 or 4 years ago. But now? No. The only thing we've got to watch for is if they get a goal, but that shouldn't happen. We had a job to do against Lille and that was to not concede and score 3 goals to be on the safe side. We did it. I believe we can win this tie 3-0, just like we did against Lille. Anyway, with Torres fit you can't go wrong. xD

Maybe 3 or 4 years ago. But now? No. The only thing we've got to watch for is if they get a goal, but that shouldn't happen. We had a job to do against Lille and that was to not concede and score 3 goals to be on the safe side. We did it. I believe we can win this tie 3-0, just like we did against Lille. Anyway, with Torres fit you can't go wrong. xD

well, I have no doubt in how you can overcome us at Anfield, but if we keep in our good momentum I have no doubt as you won't win us more than 2-0.

Well, game on then. :p
Whatever happens, it should be a good tie. Good luck to you if you do win, though. I will probably be supportin Benfica if we go out. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.