Benfica-Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 2-1 away is a decent result....if it stays that way.

However, saying that, I seen Benfica at Goodison earlier this year - where they pwned Everton...but I suppose Anfield and Liverpool fans are a bit more daunting than Goodison and Everton fans?.

Positives from the game is that they only scored 2 penalties.

THEY WILL NOT GET PENALTIES AT ANFIELD COZ MR.T HAS SPOKEN

hopefully liverpool can do well at home at anfield and i reckon they will and if your wondering why i want liverpool to go through its because i want both them and fulham to do well and hopefully we will see an all english europa league final

the mistake the ref made was getting right on top of the incident he should of stepped back and monitored the situation then babel would have hit him and luisao would have returned the favour and they both would have gone..... u watch the referee, the moment luisao and babel have words he's right in there between them so he could not see everything.

Sorry but that's a ridiculous thing to say. The referee was right on top of the incident and could see exactly what happened, so why would standing further away allow him to make a better decision?

To say that a fight would of broke out as well is just down right stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
super benfica haha. they need a good defencive job at anfield now hopefully nick an early goal.

although benfica's goals were by penalties, they deserved it. I think Benfica made 20 shots while Liverpool only did about 6.

Eurgh i hate Gerrard taking cornors or basically crossing.He's terrible at it.Then again,he's been terrible all season.

So why are we one of the top scorers from corners in the Premiership?

Sorry but that's a ridiculous thing to say. The referee was right on top of the incident and could see exactly what happened, so why would standing further away allow hi to make a better decision?

To say that a fight would of broke out as well is just down right stupid.

He was right in between luisao and babel he should of been like 5-6 steps back he is close enough to monitor everything..... and you obviously don't follow Liga sagres as fights and tantrums are as common as throw ins the domestic game. i didn't say they were going to fight, i said luisao would of returned the favour to say he would of raised his hands.

They won through penalties, and although I saw very little of the game because I was out they obviously didn't outplay us. Although at Anfield I can see us getting a 2-0 win..

So why are we one of the top scorers from corners in the Premiership?

Because we use the corner glitch :)

He was right in between luisao and babel he should of been like 5-6 steps back he is close enough to monitor everything..... and you obviously don't follow Liga sagres as fights and tantrums are as common as throw ins the domestic game. i didn't say they were going to fight, i said luisao would of returned the favour to say he would of raised his hands.

The referee is meant to stop the fight happening... he's not just meant to stand back and wait for luisao to hit babel.

no referee=no benfica
but benfica's fan looked ameteur, throwing smoke and dynamite for what? because no more than 2 penalty?

cant belive how bad the reff was! so now 6 seconds is time wasting ay! so frustrating plus torres should of scored

The referee is meant to stop the fight happening... he's not just meant to stand back and wait for luisao to hit babel.

I don't mean Lusiao going to punch him but he would of raised his hands..... found this in the FIFA Rules of the game:
"Once three or more players enter the scene, the referee should step back and observe the situation."

liverpool were poor tonight and if they dont sort it out for the 2nd leg they will be out .. and aslo if they really want that 4th spot then they will have to play much much better. because if they are knocked out and do not get 4th i can see benitez being sacked

Is going to be hard for benfica in anfield. But i hope that benfica show the real football that they've been playing this season.
SLB Forever

liverpool were poor tonight and if they dont sort it out for the 2nd leg they will be out .. and aslo if they really want that 4th spot then they will have to play much much better. because if they are knocked out and do not get 4th i can see benitez being sacked

Let's hope we don't get 4th then!

Tonight saw a good performance from us. We held on with 10 men for over an hour and got a decent result. We'll thrash these at home, just like we did with Lille. The referees were terrible as per usual, but that's no excuse for babel raising his hands. I only wish Torres scored that one-on-one late in the second half because I believe that would of sealed the tie for us. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.