Benitez ready to walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ride The Walrus

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
Massive rumours coming out are saying Benitez will walk at the end of the season . And that the only way he'll consider staying is if MASSIVE investment is made.

From Times Online
May 4, 2010
Tony Barrett

Rafael Benítez will tell Liverpool that only a cast-iron commitment allowing him to invest all of the proceeds from player sales this summer will tempt him to remain at Anfield.

Amid mounting concern that Fernando Torres will seek a move to a new club with genuine prospects of challenging for domestic and European titles, Benítez is weighing up the offer to become Juventus coach.

The Liverpool manager has been given until Monday to accept an offer of a four-year, £16 million contract and he has consistently refused to rule himself out of the running for one of the leading jobs in Italian football. But should Martin Broughton, the Liverpool chairman, offer him a guarantee that revenue from player sales will not be diverted to service the club’s £237 million debt, Benítez could be swayed from bringing his six-year tenure at Anfield to an end.

Benítez is due to convene with Broughton for the first time this week in a meeting that is sure to involve a full and frank exchange of views. Liverpool officials remain unimpressed with Benítez’s flirtation with a rival club, while the Spaniard is unhappy that he has not been given any pledges after requesting clarity about his position and Liverpool’s transfer policy.

The situation regarding Torres is of particular concern, with Manchester City believed to be willing to pay in the region of £70 million for the forward should he indicate a willingness to leave Liverpool. Senior Anfield figures insist that the 26-year-old is not for sale at any price, but Torres is deeply concerned by Liverpool’s deterioration over the past 12 months.

He could force the issue by asking for a transfer and Benítez wants to ensure that he will be given the proceeds of a sale should his record signing depart.

The Liverpool manager’s attempts to force the issue on transfer policy are born of his frustration at events last summer, having claimed that promises regarding available funding, made before he signed a new five-year contract last March, were not kept. That charge is disputed by Anfield officials who insist the club spent about £18 million net, a figure that they claim was in keeping with the amount they had promised their manager.

This summer, Benítez’s transfer pot would not exceed £15 million unless it is enhanced by the proceeds of outgoing transfers. The problem for Benítez is that the club have decided that there will be no great attempts to convince him to stay. Given the £16 million compensation package that would be due to him in the event of being dismissed, the offer from Juventus could suit all parties.

The uncertainty surrounding Benítez’s position is having an impact on the Liverpool squad with several players admitting that they are unclear about what the future holds and whether Benítez and a number of the club’s top stars will be at Anfield next season.

As well as questions about Torres, there are doubts over whether Steven Gerrard will remain and Javier Mascherano has yet to sign the contract that has been verbally agreed. Yossi Benayoun has said he could depart, while Lucas Leiva has revealed how uncertainty is affecting the playing staff.

“It is difficult to speak about next season, as we don’t know what changes there will be with the players or the staff,” Benayoun said. “I don’t know whether I will be here or if I won’t. In a few weeks we will know better.”

Lucas said: “Everyone is aware of the doubts over Rafa’s future. But we do not know what is going to happen.”

I to think he will be off come the summer, along with Torres and Gerrard both leaving.

I hate this constant speculation, do people have nothing better to do with their lives..

In my opinion, he should be given one more season and let's see if thing's change.

I hate this constant speculation, do people have nothing better to do with their lives..
what do you expect? Rafa hasnt given any sign he's committing himself to liverpool

i wouldn't say it's his fault; he did actually have funds nicked off him. i can see Torres leaving regardless, though not Gerrard.

no excuses, he has had money to sign and he has signed **** players. of corse with the exception of a few.

Torres & Gerrard won't leave.

Torres - He has 3 year's left on his contract, and has already said he want's to stay and that he want's to finish his 3 year's that he has left on his contract.

Gerrard - Is Mr.Liverpool! He won't leave.

Torres isn't going to leave and if he does £70M is a tidy sum to buy a player like Benzema or Higuain

Torres & Gerrard won't leave.

Torres - He has 3 year's left on his contract, and has already said he want's to stay and that he want's to finish his 3 year's that he has left on his contract.

Gerrard - Is Mr.Liverpool! He won't leave.

Rafa has 4 years leaf ton his contract, does that mean he won't leave? He has also said if Liverpool don't heavily strengthen then he will consider leaving.

Torres to go to man city ? ***** why would he leave liverpool ,if he wanted trophy's , to go to man city who dont win any lol

he better go lol hate him lmao

as a man utd fan you should want him to say, I want him to stay as an Everton fan, reason is that Liverpool will never win the premiership with Rafa, never, not even if they have Man City type of money to spend, all that would do is expose Rafa's poor choice in signing.
Then he would show off his ability to destroy players careers, I want him to stay, IN RAFA I TRUST (to keep Liverpool under achieving :))

Rafa has 4 years leaf ton his contract, does that mean he won't leave? He has also said if Liverpool don't heavily strengthen then he will consider leaving.

Torres has said 'He want's to stay', Rafa has not.

If Torres does leave it won't be to Man City and certainly not Man United. If he does I reckon it would most probably be to Barca. Gerrard won't leave, he signed a new contract last season, he said it would be the final contract of his career, unless he decided to extend it. Not sure about Benitez, it depends on the owners and the money for me.

Don't believe anything a player says -- that's just to appease fans. I remember Sol Campbell saying he would never leave Spurs for Arsenal, but he did and then signed for them again this season :(

Benitez should stay or leave is now getting more importance than Global Warming.

Cmon people... not the same thing everyday... :(

I think he will leave for Juve, and predictably blame everyone but himself for liverpools problems but himself.

Rafa grow a pair and admit your the manager and your at fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back